ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 469
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:01 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
How about my boy, Vinnie Pas?
He looks great. BA has been affected by some bad luck, but he's hitting for power, drawing more walks than strikeouts
[Reply]
lewdog 02:01 PM 04-23-2022
I read somewhere that league batter average is the lowest it's ever been at this point of the season.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:30 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I read somewhere that league batter average is the lowest it's ever been at this point of the season.
And by quite a bit. But if the article you're thinking of was the recent one on fangraphs about the spike (again) of no-hit bids, I believe they were comparing the season to date (cold weather, shortened spring training) to prior full seasons. Offense heats up as the season progresses. But still, that doesn't account for it all; it's a noticeable thing. Only question is how much offense will come back as the weather warms up. I'm thinking not all that much of it.

An excerpt:

Originally Posted by :
Pitchers (and their teams, as this includes combined efforts) are taking no-hitters into the sixth once for every 38.4 starts thus far this season, compared to once for every 58.5 starts last year and once for every 60.4 starts for the recent seasons that did not have truncated spring trainings. Putting it another way: thus far, they’re 57% more common relative to that “normal season” baseline.
Another:

Originally Posted by :
Here’s the kicker: Batting averages have never been this low. Not in the 19th century, not in the deadball era, not even in 1968, “The Year of the Pitcher”

On a major league-wide basis, batting averages are six points lower than they’ve ever been. In the 1880s, errors — about four per team per game, leading to over 40% of runs being unearned — helped to elevate scoring rates above their 1960s lows; now it’s home runs driving the scoring. We’re getting fewer of those than in recent years
Link to article:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/welcome-...less-baseball/
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 11:58 PM 04-23-2022
Matheny and his idiot buddy Eldred can't be gone soon enough.
[Reply]
tk13 12:58 AM 04-24-2022
Tampa actually had a no-hitter tonight but it was tied 0-0 after nine and gave up a hit in extras.
[Reply]
nychief 07:40 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson:
Matheny and his idiot buddy Eldred can't be gone soon enough.

them, santana.... looks like salvy might miss time. If he does I want Melendez and Vinnie Pastabelly or Pratto up too. Let the kids play.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:08 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by nychief:
them, santana.... looks like salvy might miss time. If he does I want Melendez and Vinnie Pastabelly or Pratto up too. Let the kids play.
"Let the kids play" is not in Matheny's vernacular.
[Reply]
nychief 08:26 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
"Let the kids play" is not in Matheny's vernacular.

I don't know what he is good at, matheny that is.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:26 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
How far off is Pratto?
He's currently in Omaha working on the AAA record for strikeouts in a year.

Originally Posted by ChiTown:
How about my boy, Vinnie Pas?
Raping the shit out of Omaha with a .905 OPS and showing he's an unexploitable hitter.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:37 AM 04-24-2022
Mike Matheny needs to be gone. Dayton needs to be gone. Get some new blood in here.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:56 AM 04-24-2022
I listened to the game coming home from out of town last night. Was a total cluster F. My St. Louis pals told me that Matheny is God Awful with bullpen management and he certainly proved it last night. These guys are going to be a fourth or fifth place team again this year, especially if Salvy is hurt and out for an extended period of time.
[Reply]
cmh6476 12:00 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I listened to the game coming home from out of town last night. Was a total cluster F. My St. Louis pals told me that Matheny is God Awful with bullpen management and he certainly proved it last night. These guys are going to be a fourth or fifth place team again this year, especially if Salvy is hurt and out for an extended period of time.
Salvy is in the lineup today.

Pitching hasn't been bad, bullpen in fact has been stellar. We just need to score more runs.

I'm ready to move on from Santana. At this point I'd rather see olivares in right and Dozier at first.
[Reply]
TLO 12:07 PM 04-24-2022
Not watching today. They pissed me off last night and I don't really need to watch them get swept
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:18 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by cmh6476:

Pitching hasn't been bad, bullpen in fact has been stellar.
If you call that shit show last night "stellar" I can't help you.
[Reply]
cmh6476 01:25 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
If you call that shit show last night "stellar" I can't help you.
Didn't they have something like 13 scoreless innings in a row earlier this year
[Reply]
Page 52 of 469
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Up