ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1166 of 2688
« First < 16666610661116115611621163116411651166 116711681169117011761216126616662166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:41 PM 10-10-2018
Mahomes vs Brady

https://youtu.be/xcEfBVhw9Ko
[Reply]
eDave 06:56 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My concern is that he'll make so much money raping faces at quarterback that he'll have no interest in coming back as the OC and eventual HC. I need Patrick Mahomes to be a part of my football life until I am dead.
Mine is that he will want a bigger market.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:59 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:

And I would have zero fucking problem with that.
In fact, we shall call ourselves the "ClaysexualMahomies". The winning-est fucking NFL team in the history of all mankind. No less than 50 points per game, 10 sack minimum, no points allowed, with a QB who can throw it AND catch it too!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:04 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
I don't think so. As long as the money is right, I can see him being a very loyal type of player. I know people age, grow, and change goals; I get it. That said, Mahomes strikes me as a high-character guy.

The only thing I can foresee that could fuck it all up would be Reid retiring and the Chiefs bringing in a HC that doesn't have the same chemistry with him.
THAT could be a problem.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:09 PM 10-10-2018
I don't think so. As long as the money is right, I can see him being a very loyal type of player. I know people age, grow, and change goals; I get it. That said, Mahomes strikes me as a high-character guy.

The only thing I can foresee that could **** it all up would be Reid retiring and the Chiefs bringing in a HC that doesn't have the same chemistry with him.
THAT could be a problem.
If we hire anyone but one of Reid’s offensive understudies, we’d be crazy.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:11 PM 10-10-2018
We’re going to be the new Green Bay
[Reply]
staylor26 07:21 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think it’ll be Kafka
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:21 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
And even if you do that, it doesn't ensure a good working relationship. It is my hope that Mahomes takes KC to a shit-ton of championships in the same way that Elway did for Denver( except the Chiefs WIN all of them of course ), and that he settles in to the community as the alpha dog, surrounded by goodwill on all sides.
That particular relationship weathered personnel changes including a defensive-oriented head coach that the QB didn't care too much for.

But, all of that is a ways down the road and there's really no need to get wound up about it now.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:23 PM 10-10-2018
No offense, but if you actually have even a tiny sliver of this worry in the back of your mind, you should probably seek help. It's one of the dumbest, most irrational ideas I've ever heard.

Who's the last QB to leave the team they were drafted because they wanted more fame in a bigger market city? Because the way the NFL is, that's ALL you get when you go to a bigger, better, market.

Kirk Cousins wanted more money and went to fucking Minnesota. Yeah... HUGE step up there, Kirk.

Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers signed multiple longterm deals to live in a city that has a Walmart, an Arby's, and little else. And the only reason Favre left was because the team didn't want him anymore. Peyton Manning had to be CUT from Indianapolis. Yes, fucking Indianapolis. A large American city that smells like shit and is populated by backwoods weirdos.

How many chances has Drew Brees had to leave New Orleans? He's on what... his 4th contract with them now? Matt Stafford is fine in Detroit, where he's not winning playoff games AND still having to pay Bubba $10 every day to make sure his car is still in the practice facility parking lot of Ford Field.

Seriously. Name me a single fucking QB who left/signed with a new team specifically for the "market". I don't think a single fucking example exists in the history of the NFL.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:24 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We’re going to be the new Green Bay
This is correct. Or at least the Green Bay of the AFC. There is no other way they can market it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:25 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
No offense, but if you actually have even a tiny sliver of this worry in the back of your mind, you should probably seek help. It's one of the dumbest, most irrational ideas I've ever heard.

Who's the last QB to leave the team they were drafted because they wanted more fame in a bigger market city? Because the way the NFL is, that's ALL you get when you go to a different market.

Kirk Cousins wanted more money and went to ****ing Minnesota. Yeah... HUGE step up there, Kirk. Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers signed multiple longterm deals to live in a city that has a Walmart, an Arby's, and little else. And the only reason Favre left was because the team didn't want him anymore.

Peyton Manning had to be CUT from Indianapolis. Yes, ****ing Indianapolis. A large American city that smells like shit and is populated by backwoods weirdos.

How many chances has Philip Rivers had to leave New Orleans? He's on what... his 4th contract with them now? Matt Stafford is fine in Detroit, where he's not winning playoff games AND having to pay Bubba $10 every day to make sure his car is still in the practice facility parking lot of Ford Field.

Seriously. Name me a single ****ing QB who left/signed with a new team specifically for the "market". I don't think a single ****ing example exists in the history of the NFL.

Wah?
[Reply]
Iconic 07:35 PM 10-10-2018
The only thing I can foresee that could **** it all up would be Reid retiring and the Chiefs bringing in a HC that doesn't have the same chemistry with him.
THAT could be a problem.
Lol Reid isn't giving up football till Mahomes does. You see the way Reid treats him? Dudes like his step kid. He's going to add the exclamation point to his legacy here and Mahomes is going to be half the reason why. They are tied together like Belichick and Brady.
[Reply]
Best22 07:40 PM 10-10-2018
Won't matter

Aaron Rodgers is a California boy stuck in Green Bay

Who was the last franchise NFL quarterback to leave for a bigger market?

This kid chose to play in Lubbock, while he was recruited by Texas and Miami. The man wants to win, and he wants to do it his way (lots of passes, which is why he chose Tech).
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:46 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Who's the last QB to leave the team they were drafted because they wanted more fame in a bigger market city? Because the way the NFL is, that's ALL you get when you go to a bigger, better, market.

Kirk Cousins wanted more money and went to fucking Minnesota. Yeah... HUGE step up there, Kirk.

Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers signed multiple longterm deals to live in a city that has a Walmart, an Arby's, and little else. And the only reason Favre left was because the team didn't want him anymore. Peyton Manning had to be CUT from Indianapolis. Yes, fucking Indianapolis. A large American city that smells like shit and is populated by backwoods weirdos.

How many chances has Philip Rivers had to leave New Orleans? He's on what... his 4th contract with them now? Matt Stafford is fine in Detroit, where he's not winning playoff games AND still having to pay Bubba $10 every day to make sure his car is still in the practice facility parking lot of Ford Field.

Seriously. Name me a single fucking QB who left/signed with a new team specifically for the "market". I don't think a single fucking example exists in the history of the NFL.
Brees is in new Orleans

Didn't eli want to go new York because of market? Or was it because san Diego's owners?

I know it's not the same situation too
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:47 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Lol Reid isn't giving up football till Mahomes does. You see the way Reid treats him? Dudes like his step kid. He's going to add the exclamation point to his legacy here and Mahomes is going to be half the reason why. They are tied together like Belichick and Brady.
Since day 1 there's been that "proud father" gleam in his eye.
[Reply]
Page 1166 of 2688
« First < 16666610661116115611621163116411651166 116711681169117011761216126616662166 > Last »
Up