ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 120
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:19 AM 04-16-2023
It wasn’t the reason Hicks sucked ass throwing 7 straight sliders to McCutchen but holy shit was that ump terrible yesterday. One of the wost called games I’ve seen in a long time.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:14 AM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
It wasn’t the reason Hicks sucked ass throwing 7 straight sliders to McCutchen but holy shit was that ump terrible yesterday. One of the wost called games I’ve seen in a long time.
I'm not gonna blame the umps when this team finds a different way to suck each game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 AM 04-16-2023
Yeah - at some point I'm just tired of blaming umps. Seems like we do it every game.

Play better baseball. Nolan could try putting a single ball in play - how many times will you even make it to extras when your 5 hitter leaves EIGHT guys on base behind your 4 hitter who left 4 on in his own right. Donovan from the 1 hole gets on base 4 times and swipes two bags, scores a single run.

Matz could maybe find a way to avoid giving up a 450 ft blast to a guy who hits about 6 homers/season to lead off the game. Or maybe DON'T walk 2 guys to load the bases and you won't have to throw a shit fit when you don't get a call that you haven't earned to that point with the bases loaded. Helsley could come into a game ready to pitch. Hicks could throw that 102 mph sinker a single time at some point before the game gets away from us.

At least I don't specifically recall Walker gacking any plays in the OF, so that's a plus.

Oh - and it's the motherfucking Pirates. These guys aren't even TRYING to win. I mean the Reds at least have 3 absolute monster arms at the front of their rotation and a couple quality hitters. The Pirates have just about officially dick to work with; they're barely a big league ballclub.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:44 AM 04-16-2023

The Ozuna Deal: Where Are They Now? pic.twitter.com/94bHJtiCQt

— Derrick Goold (@dgoold) April 16, 2023

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:05 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - at some point I'm just tired of blaming umps. Seems like we do it every game.

Play better baseball. Nolan could try putting a single ball in play - how many times will you even make it to extras when your 5 hitter leaves EIGHT guys on base behind your 4 hitter who left 4 on in his own right. Donovan from the 1 hole gets on base 4 times and swipes two bags, scores a single run.

Matz could maybe find a way to avoid giving up a 450 ft blast to a guy who hits about 6 homers/season to lead off the game. Or maybe DON'T walk 2 guys to load the bases and you won't have to throw a shit fit when you don't get a call that you haven't earned to that point with the bases loaded. Helsley could come into a game ready to pitch. Hicks could throw that 102 mph sinker a single time at some point before the game gets away from us.

At least I don't specifically recall Walker gacking any plays in the OF, so that's a plus.

Oh - and it's the mother****ing Pirates. These guys aren't even TRYING to win. I mean the Reds at least have 3 absolute monster arms at the front of their rotation and a couple quality hitters. The Pirates have just about officially dick to work with; they're barely a big league ballclub.
I didn't blame the umps I simply pointed out it was a horrifically called game. Both can be true.

Matz pitched like Matz but even with horrendous umping gave up only 3 runs. Lets be honest Matz was the guy who most likely performed to his history. Then Hicks just totally shit the bed in Hicks fashion. Arenado and Goldy both choked in huge moments.

Umps suck, Cards FO sucks, Cards managers suck.

Its a suckfest.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:27 PM 04-16-2023
Look at the bright side - Mikolas only gave up one run in the 1st inning so his ERA went down.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:04 PM 04-16-2023
Only 2 through 3. ERA just keeps going down. Great work, Miles!!!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:57 PM 04-16-2023
Hicks has always been a guy for whom the whole is much, much less than the sum of the parts. Guys obviously don't have a problem seeing the ball out of his hand, otherwise, a two-seamer with that much velocity and movement wouldn't so consistently be put in play, and his breaking pitches have never been more than ordinary.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:35 PM 04-17-2023
Pallante gives up a homer, a double, 2 walks and Ollie leaves him in to surrender the granny. Great way to manage innings I guess.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:03 PM 04-18-2023
Fire everyone
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:09 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Fire everyone
Beer venders, ushers, security guys, EVERYONE.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:32 PM 04-18-2023
Team is an embarrassment. Lifeless half full stadium tonight. Just not many likeable players to get behind. Ive never seen a lack of ovations for a Cardinals team like this. Such a bland team. Mo being employed is a slap on the face...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:13 PM 04-20-2023
That’s an inglorious end for him. At least the Cardinals finally hit him. :-)

Left-hander Madison Bumgarner has been designated for assignment by the Arizona Diamondbacks, who will eat more than $34 million remaining on his contract, sources tell ESPN. Story, free and unlocked, at ESPN: https://t.co/zD5uLJNOUx

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) April 20, 2023

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:19 PM 04-20-2023
Mo will gobble him up
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:30 AM 04-21-2023
The thing is that with this infield defense, especially on the left side, a lefty really should be able to have outsized success here.

But he has to have ANYTHING left.

Lester and Happ didn't have much - they needle was just above E. But it WAS above E.

Bum's needle has been sitting on that little pin for the last 20 miles. The motor isn't actually running, he's just been coasting downhill and didn't realize it. He's just so done.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 120
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up