ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Ian Watch
cmh6476 06:29 PM 09-26-2022
Bucs heading to Miami to practice this week.

https://www.kshb.com/sports/hurrican...s-game-to-move
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:58 AM 09-28-2022
West Coast of florida doesn't have natural defenses to break up storm surge. So that is going to be a problem
[Reply]
penguinz 10:00 AM 09-28-2022

[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:04 AM 09-28-2022
Although we're not out of the woods yet, it's looking like our county dodged a bullet. Keeping everyone near the eye in our prayers. Our local FB group is starting to put together donations and looking for people to deliver supplies to those who'll need help after the storm passes
[Reply]
Lprechaun 10:09 AM 09-28-2022
Just lost power. Now the fun starts. Stay safe!
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:09 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:

The blue dot is my house. We’re about 5 blocks from the water. Luckily we’re kinda elevated so we’re the last flood evacuation zone. I cut my trees back after work today. Boss told us to take tomorrow off and secure our homes. Boarding mine and my neighbors windows in the morning. Gonna be a “fun” few days at the Coochie Liquor house. But I’m stocked up on weed, alcohol, and gummies! Wish us all luck down here in the cone!

Bless up from Tampa Bay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it’s not too late to leave, I’d get the hell out of there. Best of luck to you good sir. Hope you and your loved ones stay well.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:11 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
If it’s not too late to leave, I’d get the hell out of there. Best of luck to you good sir. Hope you and your loved ones stay well.
It's too late. They want everyone to hunker down wherever you are now
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:12 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
Just lost power. Now the fun starts. Stay safe!
Good luck!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:14 AM 09-28-2022
Stay safe my Florida bros!
[Reply]
Lprechaun 10:16 AM 09-28-2022
If the slider doors hold we should be good. Will start aiding who is can after it passes
[Reply]
Frazod 10:53 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Spent hurricane Hugo in Charleston, SC in a submarine in dry dock with emergency patches welded over the opening that had been cut in the hull. With the main engines, ballast, and reduction gears out, they weren't sure which way it was going to float when they flooded the drydock (because the surge was predicted to come over the wall). :-) The USS Narwhal that, at the time, was waiting for her own drydock, actually opened the vents and they put her down in the mud of the Cooper River.. Good times.
Hugo happened when I was at Great Lakes. My roommate and I were friends with a young married couple who were set to transfer to a command in Charleston the day it hit. Their assigned housing got wiped out, so they were told to stay put, but they had already moved out of their home and had nowhere to go. The Navy was amazingly unhelpful to them and basically did nothing. They ended up staying in our living room for two weeks until alternate housing was found for them.

I visited Charleston a couple of years later. There was still a ton of damage that hadn't yet been repaired. That one was definitely not overhyped.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:28 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Pennywise:
That phenomenon has always fascinated me. What I want to know, because I’ve never heard anyone talk about this aspect of it, is when the water comes back is it a nice easy flow or does it come rushing back in?
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:31 AM 09-28-2022
According to NFL exec Jeff Miller, there is no change to the #Bucs-#Chiefs game on Sunday as of now. They are discussing all matters with local authorities. Should Hurricane Ian force a change, the game would be played in Minnesota at US Bank Stadium.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/...0AkRnDFUA&s=19
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:34 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
That phenomenon has always fascinated me. What I want to know, because I’ve never heard anyone talk about this aspect of it, is when the water comes back is it a nice easy flow or does it come rushing back in?
It never comes back. There will be a golf course in that former bay within two years.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:42 AM 09-28-2022
Ft. Myers is getting hammered pretty hard. Looks like it might be a long time before they get back to normal.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:10 PM 09-28-2022
Damn I’m glad I got out of the way of this BS. Went all the way across the state and Ian is still going to throw 50-60 mph winds here.
Attached: 8255253F-A2F2-43DD-B856-E335D0F4F436.jpg (86.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up