ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4764 of 4880
« First < 3764426446644714475447604761476247634764 4765476647674768477448144864 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Regime 05:03 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Double decline.
Justin Fields with a monster contract?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:20 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by Regime:
Justin Fields with a monster contract?
Nope. If they’re sending a late round pick for someone, I would take Howel for a short time option.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 05:28 AM 03-12-2024
There's always Colin Kaepernick.
[Reply]
TEX 05:30 AM 03-12-2024
Nope. If they’re sending a late round pick for someone, I would take Howel for a short time option.
That's a "good" plan among a lot of bad options... Should have gone with Minchew before Wilson. But hell, SHOULD have drafted Allen instead of Chub. Denver still paying for that one. Wilson is the gift that keeps on giving. :-)

8 losing seasons in a row incoming....
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:34 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
That's a "good" plan among a lot of bad options... Should have gone with Minchew before Wilson. But hell, SHOULD have drafted Allen instead of Chub. Denver still paying for that one. Wilson is the gift that keeps on giving. :-)

8 losing seasons in a row incoming....
True, I was supportive of the Minshew plan.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 05:48 AM 03-12-2024
True, I was supportive of the Minshew plan.
MHM, what is the team planning at QB? Are they planning to sign a QB and then draft one too that they can sit for a year? Do they have a solid plan for what they're going to do?

ETA

I did some looking at the Broncos picks this year, a mock draft, and a point values chart. The mock draft had 4 QBs going in the first 5 picks. I've heard a lot of talk about McCarthy and the Broncos, but in the mock draft he went #5 overall to Minnesota in their mock trade. With Denver currently at #12, that would require some serious draft capital expenditure to move up and one thing the Broncos really can't afford to give up right now is draft capital.

However, if the Broncos did want to make a move up, the draft chart point values say that the Broncos pick at #12 is worth 1200 points. The 5th pick of the draft is worth 1700 points, but that presumes the Chargers would make that trade with you. The Chargers don't need a QB, but how willing would they be to help Denver? If the Broncos have to trade up to #4, the value of that pick is 1800 and it belongs to the Cardinals.

I remember the 2017 draft when the Bears had to give up a ton of draft capital to the 49ers to move up just one spot from #3 to #2. Moving up for a QB might be a similar problem for the Broncos. The Broncos entire draft isn't valued as highly as the #4 pick, so that would mean that they have to give up future picks, and maybe next year's #1 pick which given the state of the Broncos could be the #1 overall pick.

Of course, the Broncos could decide to forgo any effort to obtain one of those top 4 QBs and go for the fifth guy which is Penix who goes at #30 in that mock draft. A trade down to somewhere around #30 to get Penix would yield more draft capital for the Broncos, which they seriously need, but it also involves taking a chance that your guy will still be available at that point and it also means you're taking what appears to be lesser talent.

How much longer does Paton have to get things sorted out. How long is Payton willing to wait to get a team on the field that has a chance at anything? What exactly is the Broncos plan at QB?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:38 AM 03-12-2024
No idea. Pasta supposedly has the inside scoop connections, maybe he can share with the group?:-)

I think they should stay at 12 or trade down for extra picks. See who falls to them and don’t force it. Either way, it’s going be a rough year, but it is what it is.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:55 AM 03-12-2024
No idea. Pasta supposedly has the inside scoop connections, maybe he can share with the group?:-)

I think they should stay at 12 or trade down for extra picks. See who falls to them and don’t force it. Either way, it’s going be a rough year, but it is what it is.
They might be planning to sign Zach Wilson for the specific purpose of tanking for the #1 overall pick next year. That would get them part of the way over the hump of the Russell Wilson cap hit, and then the first year of the rookie QB would be the last of that cap hit.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:09 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
They might be planning to sign Zach Wilson for the specific purpose of tanking for the #1 overall pick next year. That would get them part of the way over the hump of the Russell Wilson cap hit, and then the first year of the rookie QB would be the last of that cap hit.
Meh. I don’t believe teams plan a year in advance for tanking.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:15 AM 03-12-2024
Meh. I don’t believe teams plan a year in advance for tanking.
Teams don't often have $85 million dead cap hits over 2 years without a starting QB on the roster.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:20 AM 03-12-2024
Decline.
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
You'll sign Tater 2.0 and like it!
Come on down!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:21 AM 03-12-2024
Teams don't often have $85 million dead cap hits over 2 years without a starting QB on the roster.
Makes no sense quite honestly… so much will change in a year. Fun conspiracy theory stuff though.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:40 AM 03-12-2024
Makes no sense quite honestly… so much will change in a year. Fun conspiracy theory stuff though.
The next 2 years look pretty dismal for the Broncos. Even worse, you haven't fired Paton yet, so getting high draft picks for the team won't yield as much as it should because he is in over his head. The Broncos may finish with the worst record in the NFL in the next 2 years even if they're trying.

Until Paton is fired or he resigns, the Broncos will never climb above mediocrity and Denver fans should get used to losing. Here is a suggestion. Form a group that calls on the franchise to fire that idiot and make a lot of noise about it. Hire an airplane to fly over the stadium trailing a banner expressing your disdain for the GM and direction of the franchise.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:10 AM 03-12-2024
The next 2 years look pretty dismal for the Broncos. Even worse, you haven't fired Paton yet, so getting high draft picks for the team won't yield as much as it should because he is in over his head. The Broncos may finish with the worst record in the NFL in the next 2 years even if they're trying.

Until Paton is fired or he resigns, the Broncos will never climb above mediocrity and Denver fans should get used to losing. Here is a suggestion. Form a group that calls on the franchise to fire that idiot and make a lot of noise about it. Hire an airplane to fly over the stadium trailing a banner expressing your disdain for the GM and direction of the franchise.
Probably… did you know, the Broncos now have 0 players remaining from the 2020 class. Long live Paton.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:18 AM 03-12-2024
Are there currently any projected stud QBs coming out next year? Some years you get a QB class like this and in others you get a class with Pickett being the top QB.
[Reply]
Page 4764 of 4880
« First < 3764426446644714475447604761476247634764 4765476647674768477448144864 > Last »
Up