ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 88
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:49 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Why would he get married at his age? Why not just have good looking sugar babies? It's not like he has any morals. He paid to have a 50 year old Chinese woman jerk him off with her thump up his butt.
Yeah, there's no logic behind this. He can bring in hookers every day for a lower cost.

Maybe this is cheaper than bringing in two hookers every day, though. I'll have to do the math.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:41 AM 10-18-2022
woof tom, just retire

Tom Brady says he's finding it nearly impossible to focus on his personal life half of the year ... explaining he feels like NFL seasons are similar to "going away on deployment for the military." https://t.co/3ZxZWbP2jW

— TMZ (@TMZ) October 18, 2022

Originally Posted by :
Tom Brady says he's finding it nearly impossible to focus on his personal life half of the year ... explaining he feels like NFL seasons are similar to "going away on deployment for the military."

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers star shed light on his struggle with work-life balance while talking with Kevin Durant on this week's episode of the quarterback's "Let's Go" podcast.

The 45-year-old admitted even though he tries to place an emphasis on certain aspects of his off-field life during the football season ... he always finds himself buried in his job instead.

"I almost look at like a football season like you're going away on deployment for the military," Brady said. "And it's like, 'Man, here I go again.'"

"The reality is," he continued, "is you can really only be authentic to yourself. Right? Whatever you may say -- 'Ah, man, I want to, you know, make sure I spend a little more time doing this during the season,' the reality is, is when it comes down to it, your competitiveness takes over and as much as you want to have this playful balance with the work balance -- you're going to end up doing exactly what you've always done, which is why you are who you are."

The words appear to shed further light on the marital issues Brady is having with Gisele Bünchden. She's wanted him to step away from football for years and be more of a hands-on family man. But he's making it clear, he's having a very hard time doing that.

In fact, he said he straight up gets to the point where all he cares about in the fall and winter months is wins and losses.

"You're going to go, 'How the f*** do I get it done?'" he said. "'What do I got to do for my teammates to get it done?'"

As we reported, Gisele has left Tom because of his obsession with football ... and the two have started the process of a divorce, already hiring high-profile, family law attorneys in South Florida.

[Reply]
loochy 11:46 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
woof tom, just retire
Tom Brady says he's finding it nearly impossible to focus on his personal life half of the year ... explaining he feels like NFL seasons are similar to "going away on deployment for the military." https://t.co/3ZxZWbP2jW
— TMZ (@TMZ) October 18, 2022

Yeah, I don't get how someone could marry a player like Tom Brady and expect anything other than this
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:02 PM 10-18-2022
Tom lives for the Playoffs. We all know that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:03 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
Yeah, I don't get how someone could marry a player like Tom Brady and expect anything other than this
Exactly. She knew he had this ego when she married him. Should have been expected.
[Reply]
PHOG 12:35 PM 10-18-2022
"I almost look at like a football season like you're going away on deployment for the military," Brady said. "And it's like, 'Man, here I go again.'"

What a crock. How the fuck would he know? :-) :-):-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:45 PM 10-18-2022
THEN FUCKING RETIRE ...JFC
[Reply]
loochy 12:47 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
THEN FUCKING RETIRE ...JFC

He never said he didn't like it.

Originally Posted by :

"The reality is," he continued, "is you can really only be authentic to yourself. Right? Whatever you may say -- 'Ah, man, I want to, you know, make sure I spend a little more time doing this during the season,' the reality is, is when it comes down to it, your competitiveness takes over and as much as you want to have this playful balance with the work balance -- you're going to end up doing exactly what you've always done, which is why you are who you are."

[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:48 PM 10-18-2022
Brady is such a douche bag. As a person who has deployed for real many times I feel insulted by his rediculous analogy. He thinks we should feel sorry for him to go off and play football for millions of bucks?

What a self-serving out of touch with reality asshole.
[Reply]
loochy 12:50 PM 10-18-2022
Brady is such a douche bag. As a person who has deployed for real many times I feel insulted by his rediculous analogy. He thinks we should feel sorry for him to go off and play football for millions of bucks?

No, he doesn't. He's explaining his mentality and how seriously he takes it. Not all players are like that.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:51 PM 10-18-2022

What a self-serving out of touch with reality asshole.
Pretty sure he's just comparing the commitment it takes to enlist in the military and the away time from family on deployment to how he plays football. I don't think he's going as far as you want to take his comment.
[Reply]
backinblack 01:00 PM 10-18-2022
He's saying he would rather die in Afghanistan than be with his family
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:01 PM 10-18-2022
I took it as the way he said it. He's saying that it's tough to be a family man and play football. Fell sorry for me and all my problems. What fucking joke that fuckers view is.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:01 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Pretty sure he's just comparing the commitment it takes to enlist in the military and the away time from family on deployment to how he plays football. I don't think he's going as far as you want to take his comment.
agreed. I actually admire his commitment to winning.

Special breed, for sure.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:03 PM 10-18-2022
As others have mentioned, you guys are taking his comment the wrong way. He is just trying to say how seriously he takes football.

He could have used better words true but my God calm down.

I think it's pretty cool to hear something like that especially from someone his age and who has accomplished as much as he has.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 88
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Up