Nzoner's Game Room>***2024 NFL Free Agency***
JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:14 PM 05-07-2024
Never been a Burks fan. Not into receivers who can't run.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:25 PM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Never been a Burks fan. Not into receivers who can't run.
Dude was fast on the field in college, and that's backed up by the GPS tracking.

He's perfect for the big slot role that Rashee plays. I would 100% give the Titans a day 3 pick for Burks.

In fact, I think that's the best move this team can possibly make.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 05:41 PM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dude was fast on the field in college, and that's backed up by the GPS tracking.

He's perfect for the big slot role that Rashee plays. I would 100% give the Titans a day 3 pick for Burks.

I’m totally down for this. Hell, they practically owe us after what they gave us for Sneed. Lol

He would fit that role and be worth the risk of a late round pick. The more I think about it, the more I hope it happens.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:59 PM 05-07-2024
Burks would be interesting, not sure what he's worth if much at all in a trade. I could see the case for him to play Rice's role until he returns and add another potential weapon to Andy's arsenal, but he also feels like a lost cause at this point. Hard to guess his value, but his draft profile sure is tantalizing: https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...ks-WR-Arkansas

Didn't Clowney just sign somewhere, why would he be available? Also, like others have mentioned, we've never blinked in his direction previously so highly unlikely.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:18 AM 05-08-2024

I haven't kept up on Burks. Is he that underwhelming for the Titans? If there's still recognizable potential to him, would they seriously sell him off that low this early into his career before the new coaching staff really has a chance to work with him?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:22 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I haven't kept up on Burks. Is he that underwhelming for the Titans? If there's still recognizable potential to him, would they seriously sell him off that low this early into his career before the new coaching staff really has a chance to work with him?
Turd
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:39 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

He’s been an absolute zero for them.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:45 AM 05-08-2024

Cross-posting from the Rice thread but I read this just now and unless this dude is really wrong (he's a draft personality) I think we can do better.

Originally Posted by :
He's really bad, and it honestly was very predictable that he would be. Basically the epitome of the kind of player that may sometimes work in college but won't work in the NFL.

Big but not that big (and probably a bit overweight for his height), not very fast, absolutely terrible agility both on tape and from his combine workouts, not very athletic as demonstrated by a vertical of 33. Doesn't separate. Shows lack of effort. Extremely poor route running. The Titans thinking they could replace AJ Brown with him was absolutely hilarious at the time and has only gotten more so.

The fact that he went 18th overall really shows the lack of depth of the WR class that year. Extremely slim pickings after London, Wilson and Olave. In this past draft class I swear he'd be like WR15 to 20 at best.

also wasn't there a whole untreated asthma situation
[Reply]
staylor26 08:47 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Cross-posting from the Rice thread but I read this just now and unless this dude is really wrong (he's a draft personality) I think we can do better.
Do you expect to read glaring reports about a guy who has struggled in his first two years?

As a I said, he was misused and has battled injuries. That's the hope that you can get him and put him in the role he should be playing (big slot), and stay healthy.

It's fucking May, you can't do much better.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:54 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:

also wasn't there a whole untreated asthma situation
kid's stock couldn't be lower.

Alright, damn it. I'm in.

We'll swap a later rounder for him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:54 AM 05-08-2024
Do you expect to read glaring reports about a guy who has struggled in his first two years?

As a I said, he was misused and has battled injuries. That's the hope that you can get him and put him in the role he should be playing (big slot), and stay healthy.

It's fucking May, you can't do much better.
Eh - I'd rather give Toney another real shot at it. Hell, I'd rather bring Richie James back.

Honestly, I don't think he's likely to be more impactful than Moore.

I mean don't get me wrong - the Titans were a dumpster fire, but they DID try him some in the slot; about 1/3 of his snaps there. And he wasn't any more productive there than anywhere else.

I think you'd be looking at a ground up rebuild of him. From his route running to his body composition - if you trade for him in May you're STILL not likely to get much out of him until 2025, IMO.

He's that far away. He's coming in essentially as a rookie and a rookie with 2 years of injuries to boot. He's no sort of short-term stop gap measure, IMO.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:02 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh - I'd rather give Toney another real shot at it. Hell, I'd rather bring Richie James back.

Honestly, I don't think he's likely to be more impactful than Moore.

I mean don't get me wrong - the Titans were a dumpster fire, but they DID try him some in the slot; about 1/3 of his snaps there. And he wasn't any more productive there than anywhere else.

I think you'd be looking at a ground up rebuild of him. From his route running to his body composition - if you trade for him in May you're STILL not likely to get much out of him until 2025, IMO.

He's that far away. He's coming in essentially as a rookie and a rookie with 2 years of injuries to boot. He's no sort of short-term stop gap measure, IMO.
If you're more willing to just give Toney a shot that's fine, but people pretending that there are better options out there are fooling themselves, because there's quite literally nothing.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:06 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He’s been an absolute zero for them.
Interesting to go back and read his draft profile, reads EXACTLY like Xavier Legette's but with more production. Minus the 40 time.

Idaho may recall I've been and XL supporter in the Draft Forum, I was also intrigued by Burks, if they turn out to be similar it sounds like we took the right guy in Worthy.

I'd still argue, though, that Andy could make a Deebo'esque player work in our offense. Would just be another weapon for him to win with, but there's prob a reason those guys are so rare.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:10 AM 05-08-2024
If you're more willing to just give Toney a shot that's fine, but people pretending that there are better options out there are fooling themselves, because there's quite literally nothing.
I think the argument basically boils down to... would you swap Toney for Burks?

Hmmmm. Sometimes the devil you know... I guess I probably would. We have seen some elite agility out of Toney though, not sure we've seen anything from Burks.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:10 AM 05-08-2024
Why sign a lesser Toney...when you can just play Toney
[Reply]
Page 358 of 365
« First < 258308348354355356357358 359360361362 > Last »
Up