ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 313 of 319
« First < 213263303309310311312313 314315316317 > Last »
The Marty Lounge>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
BossChief 08:29 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I think Gay can make several big plays a game. I just never saw him as the do it all eraser that teams covet.

More a specialized chess piece.
He didn’t play as much in college as most think he did. He has a ways to go in learning the mental side of the game, but if he keeps improving week to week like he did, he might be an all pro in a year or 2.
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He didn’t play as much in college as most think he did. He has a ways to go in learning the mental side of the game, but if he keeps improving week to week like he did, he might be an all pro in a year or 2.
How bout we see him just start and play a full game before we get ahead of ourselves?
[Reply]
BossChief 08:32 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
How bout we see him just start and play a full game before we get ahead of ourselves?
When he was on the field, he made a lot of game changing plays and constantly improved. If he didn’t lack experience, he would have been a mid first kinda guy.

Also, I enjoy projecting.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:36 AM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He didn’t play as much in college as most think he did. He has a ways to go in learning the mental side of the game, but if he keeps improving week to week like he did, he might be an all pro in a year or 2.
I'll admit I was one who didn't want him at all. But once we drafted him I tried to see the positives.

Want to see him used more on passing downs where he can either attack the QB/ or drop off in coverage. Allows Spags another toggle to mess with people and he is beast coming at the QB and has speed range to play coverage.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:15 PM 04-17-2021
No more speculation?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 04:34 PM 04-17-2021
Last whispers were interest in Gio Bernard, and I wonder if they can get Hurst on a cheap deal since he was cut from Oakland. That interior D line rotation would be killer...

Other than that, the draft awaits and then I expect some bargain bin free agency shopping afterwards.
[Reply]
In58men 04:37 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Last whispers were interest in Gio Bernard, and I wonder if they can get Hurst on a cheap deal since he was cut from Oakland. That interior D line rotation would be killer...

Other than that, the draft awaits and then I expect some bargain bin free agency shopping afterwards.
Hurst being released unexpectedly makes me wonder if he’s having issues with his heart again. Hopefully that’s not the case.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:21 PM 05-01-2021
Kind of crazy. The Chiefs have a player who is a star or has legitimate star potential at every position:

QB: Mahomes
TE: Kelce
WR: Hill
OT: Brown
G: Thuney
C: Humphrey
RB: CEH
DE: Clark
DT: Jones
LB: Gay or Bolton
CB: Sneed
S: Mathieu
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:06 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Kind of crazy. The Chiefs have a player who is a star or has legitimate star potential at every position:

QB: Mahomes
TE: Kelce
WR: Hill
OT: Brown
G: Thuney
C: Humphrey
RB: CEH
DE: Clark
DT: Jones
LB: Gay or Bolton
CB: Sneed
S: Mathieu
I wouldn’t call Gay a star but the defense is very solid
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:15 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I wouldn’t call Gay a star but the defense is very solid
I think he fits into the “star potential” category
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:57 PM 05-01-2021
Orlando Brown was a splashy signing, the draft was a whole lot of depth. But what can you expect from a 2-time Superbowl team? Day-1 starters aren't easy to come by for a team this good.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:57 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I wouldn’t call Gay a star but the defense is very solid
Has more potential than Frank Clark atm in my book
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:03 PM 05-01-2021
So is Veach going to add a legitimate pass rusher?

They can’t be content with what they have.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:03 PM 05-01-2021
The offensive line rebuild and how fast it has taken place makes next year so interesting.

The division and really much of the conference has been building their roster to beat the Chiefs for the past 3 years, and now their whole offense is evolving. The way they attack defenses might very well look different than it has for the past few years and if so, it’ll be up to defenses to find another ‘blueprint’ yet again.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:08 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
So is Veach going to add a legitimate pass rusher?

They can’t be content with what they have.
Agreed, most glaring hole. We really dont have any pass rushers at all outside of Chris Jones.
[Reply]
Page 313 of 319
« First < 213263303309310311312313 314315316317 > Last »
Up