ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
The Marty Lounge>2020 NBA Offseason Thread
Superturtle 07:15 AM 11-17-2020

Sources: After turning down an extension offer to become the first $50M a year player in league history, James Hardenís message to Houston is clear: Get me to Brooklyn. Rockets and Nets have been in contact, but thereís been no meaningful dialogue. https://t.co/qwJOQOxz5U

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) November 17, 2020


Houston sports are bursting into flames.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:16 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The Nets didn't even have to trade any elite talent for James Harden (a top 5 player and one of the best offensive players in the history of basketball). The picks they traded might be worth something down the road, but we can't even say that much right now.

It's just an absurd trade from a value perspective that in all likelihood ruins the competitive balance of the league for a few years similar to Durant's signing with the Warriors (again assuming that Kyrie Irving is actually interested in playing basketball). It's hard to believe the other teams couldn't have offered up more than this.
:-)

You were rooting for Kawhi to LA though.

Deal with it.
[Reply]
Superturtle 04:22 PM 01-13-2021
:-) Houston wanted Simmons, Thybulle, Maxey, and picks. Philly wouldn't give them what they wanted so probably traded him to Brooklyn out of spite.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:23 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The NBA is a joke of a league.

Kyrie Irving just decides not to show up to work for weeks on end and nobody seems to care?

Imagine if Kelce just decided he wasn't going to play and went AWOL for weeks on end. He would get lambasted by the media and would become unsignable.

James Harden lets himself get as fat as Jon Gruden and whines about his situation in Houston, and teams bend over backwards to make a deal to send him to a contender.

No accountability whatsoever in the Association. Ownership needs to grow some ****ing balls.
Absolutely this.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:29 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The NBA is a joke of a league.

Kyrie Irving just decides not to show up to work for weeks on end and nobody seems to care?

Imagine if Kelce just decided he wasn't going to play and went AWOL for weeks on end. He would get lambasted by the media and would become unsignable.

James Harden lets himself get as fat as Jon Gruden and whines about his situation in Houston, and teams bend over backwards to make a deal to send him to a contender.

No accountability whatsoever in the Association. Ownership needs to grow some ****ing balls.
Unfortunately their current CBA runs through the 2024 season so I would hope after that they can regain some control. Players will never give up guaranteed contracts though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:29 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

You were rooting for Kawhi to LA though.

Deal with it.
Of course because I'm biased and would root for anything that would help LeBron (even league crushing moves like that).

There's no denying this is what that is, though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:31 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Houston wanted Simmons, Thybulle, Maxey, and picks. Philly wouldn't give them what they wanted so probably traded him to Brooklyn out of spite.
Maybe Morey overplayed his hand, but I do wonder if the owner stepped in to prevent Morey from benefiting from a Harden trade.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:31 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The Nets had the deepest team or one of the top ones in the league now they don't have any depth especially with Dinwiddie done for the year.

But I am guessing they made this trade because Kyrie isn't coming back.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:33 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The NBA is a joke of a league.

Kyrie Irving just decides not to show up to work for weeks on end and nobody seems to care?

Imagine if Kelce just decided he wasn't going to play and went AWOL for weeks on end. He would get lambasted by the media and would become unsignable.

James Harden lets himself get as fat as Jon Gruden and whines about his situation in Houston, and teams bend over backwards to make a deal to send him to a contender.

No accountability whatsoever in the Association. Ownership needs to grow some ****ing balls.
Great post.

These players are getting away w way too much. You sign a contract you have an obligation to the organization and your teammates to do your best to help the team win.

You don't like the organization then don't sign the ****ing contract in the first place. Go some where else! After you sign that contract there should be no way a player can 'demand' a trade wout severe consequences. Just retire and go play golf..
[Reply]
staylor26 04:34 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Of course because I'm biased and would root for anything that would help LeBron (even league crushing moves like that).

There's no denying this is what that is, though.
Fair enough.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:36 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Great post.

These players are getting away w way too much. You sign a contract you have an obligation to the organization and your teammates to do your best to help the team win.

You don't like the organization then don't sign the ****ing contract in the first place. Go some where else! After you sign that contract there should be no way a player can 'demand' a trade wout severe consequences. Just retire and go play golf..
Bull-Fucking-Shit.

These teams hire and fire GM's and coaches constantly, leaving players that have signed long term deals stuck with shitty fucking teams.

It's fucking ridiculous that people like you comment on a league in which you have absolutely zero knowledge.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:42 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Bull-****ing-Shit.

These teams hire and fire GM's and coaches constantly, leaving players that have signed long term deals stuck with shitty ****ing teams.

It's ****ing ridiculous that people like you comment on a league in which you have absolutely zero knowledge.
Lol. Maybe if the ballhog Harden actually played defense and not constant iso-ball Rockets would do better. Shows how much you know about basketball.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:44 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lol. Maybe if the ballhog Harden actually played defense and not constant iso-ball Rockets would do better. Shows how much you know about basketball.
So, you moving the goalposts, AGAIN.

And Harden sucks now?

:-)

JFC, you're fucking moron.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:44 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lol. Maybe if the ballhog Harden actually played defense and not constant iso-ball Rockets would do better. Shows how much you know about basketball.
And, yet, teams are willing to mortgage their future to acquire him. It certainly doesnít look like the Nets are too worried.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 04:45 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Bull-****ing-Shit.

These teams hire and fire GM's and coaches constantly, leaving players that have signed long term deals stuck with shitty ****ing teams.

It's ****ing ridiculous that people like you comment on a league in which you have absolutely zero knowledge.
Houston has bent over backwards to try and build a contender around James Harden. They signed CP3 and surrounded them with talent in Clint Capela, Trevor Ariza and PJ Tucker. They had a coach in Mike D'Antoni whose style allowed Harden to play the game he wanted. Houston built a championship team and Harden choked it away and lost to the Warriors in 7.

Then, Harden threw a hissy fit and demanded that Paul be shipped out. So the organization obliged and traded him for Russell Westbrook. That also predictably failed and they shipped him out.

Everything Houston has done the last 8 years has been dedicated to building a championship contender around James Harden as the centerpiece. They invested heavily in him and gave him everything he wanted.

The reality is that James Harden is not a winner and wasn't capable of being "the guy" on a championship team. So instead of taking personal accountability for the Rockets' failures, he cried and blamed the organization and whined his way all the way to a super team.

Players in this league are entitled babies. The product on the floor is great, but the majority of the superstar players are dicks and wusses who are impossible to root for.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:47 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So, you moving the goalposts, AGAIN.

And Harden sucks now?

:-)

JFC, you're ****ing moron.
I never said he sucked but he certainly is not worth his contract and is a terrible leader.

Who cares if Nets are willing to trade for his ballhogging ass! You act like Nets have been winning so many championships lately and are an elite organzation. They are trash themselves.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up