ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 26 of 128
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Superturtle 04:15 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by Buck:
I did the "optional" tree boss, but realized I had skipped the other optional boss when I looked it up. Aldrich was the easiest boss for me and I put my mark down outside Anor Londo to help because it's really easy.

Yhorm is the only boss I beat on the first try.
The only thing with Aldrich that gave me fits was his bullshit arrow attack.
[Reply]
Gonzo 07:24 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I could actually use a hand making a boss weapon. You have to either run through the game twice or use this method. Its a fire weapon that has some of the best weapon arts in the game. I could make each of us 1 if you're interested. Would have to make 4 swords total.
Oh no shit?
Ok, let's pm later and work out the details. That might be pretty sweet.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 09:19 AM 05-03-2016
How the hell does one person help in making a sword for another? I am apparently missing out on a large part of this game. Is that something with the signals for a player to join your game? You can trade items?
[Reply]
Gonzo 10:00 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
How the hell does one person help in making a sword for another? I am apparently missing out on a large part of this game. Is that something with the signals for a player to join your game? You can trade items?
You can drop items for another player, yes. A lot of people cheat that way.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:07 AM 05-06-2016
Well, made it to NG+. Is it just me or are the enemies not quite scaled up as much as they normally are?

Anyway, went ahead and upgraded my great-sword (from Sullivan) fully, got my bow to +7, got the Irithyll frost sword to +10, the butcher's cleaver to +9 and now I'm working on the dancers twin swords. Those seem really fucking awesome.

I'm finding a bunch of stuff I missed which is surprising. I'm really fricken thorough on these games. I try to find everything.

Anyway, so far I have to admit, this will likely be my game of the year. Maybe Uncharted 4 if it ends up living up to the hype.

I'm loving this almost as much as Bloodborne. The bosses aren't as tough but they're just as impressive. The music is just beautiful. I truly hope this isn't the last souls type game from soft makes.
I'll try to do a full write up soon.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:35 AM 05-06-2016
Ok Souls veterans, a bit of advice is appreciated. I am a novice with this series but so far doing ok on Dark Souls 3. I killed Vordt on the first try and have made my way through the Undead Settlement, but have yet to kill the tree. My question is about a good weapon to be using. Right now I am using a raw broadsword +2 and it's doing ok for me. I can keep my load ratio below 70% and my damage is 180 with the sword. I have picked up the butcher's knife, great machete and Irythyl sword. Which one should I focus on at this point? The bigger swords push my load ratio way up so I tend to avoid those.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:40 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Well, made it to NG+. Is it just me or are the enemies not quite scaled up as much as they normally are?

Anyway, went ahead and upgraded my great-sword (from Sullivan) fully, got my bow to +7, got the Irithyll frost sword to +10, the butcher's cleaver to +9 and now I'm working on the dancers twin swords. Those seem really fucking awesome.

I'm finding a bunch of stuff I missed which is surprising. I'm really fricken thorough on these games. I try to find everything.

Anyway, so far I have to admit, this will likely be my game of the year. Maybe Uncharted 4 if it ends up living up to the hype.

I'm loving this almost as much as Bloodborne. The bosses aren't as tough but they're just as impressive. The music is just beautiful. I truly hope this isn't the last souls type game from soft makes.
I'll try to do a full write up soon.
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Ok Souls veterans, a bit of advice is appreciated. I am a novice with this series but so far doing ok on Dark Souls 3. I killed Vordt on the first try and have made my way through the Undead Settlement, but have yet to kill the tree. My question is about a good weapon to be using. Right now I am using a raw broadsword +2 and it's doing ok for me. I can keep my load ratio below 70% and my damage is 180 with the sword. I have picked up the butcher's knife, great machete and Irythyl sword. Which one should I focus on at this point? The bigger swords push my load ratio way up so I tend to avoid those.
I remember the days when you would have got your ass kicked for talking like this. Or for wearing a superhero T-shirt.:-)
[Reply]
Superturtle 08:55 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Ok Souls veterans, a bit of advice is appreciated. I am a novice with this series but so far doing ok on Dark Souls 3. I killed Vordt on the first try and have made my way through the Undead Settlement, but have yet to kill the tree. My question is about a good weapon to be using. Right now I am using a raw broadsword +2 and it's doing ok for me. I can keep my load ratio below 70% and my damage is 180 with the sword. I have picked up the butcher's knife, great machete and Irythyl sword. Which one should I focus on at this point? The bigger swords push my load ratio way up so I tend to avoid those.
You need to decide if you're running strength, dexterity, or quality(both). That makes a huge difference in which weapon to recommend. Raw is fine early game, but out that away as soon as you start investing stats, as it has no scaling.
[Reply]
Swanman 09:00 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You need to decide if you're running strength, dexterity, or quality(both). That makes a huge difference in which weapon to recommend. Raw is fine early game, but out that away as soon as you start investing stats, as it has no scaling.
I had some git gud moments early on so I needed to make sure I had a weapon that could do something, thus the raw broadsword. I think the Irrythyl sword has an A rating with strength, so that might be one I go to next.
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:24 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Ok Souls veterans, a bit of advice is appreciated. I am a novice with this series but so far doing ok on Dark Souls 3. I killed Vordt on the first try and have made my way through the Undead Settlement, but have yet to kill the tree. My question is about a good weapon to be using. Right now I am using a raw broadsword +2 and it's doing ok for me. I can keep my load ratio below 70% and my damage is 180 with the sword. I have picked up the butcher's knife, great machete and Irythyl sword. Which one should I focus on at this point? The bigger swords push my load ratio way up so I tend to avoid those.
If you're going strength, great swords are nominal but remember it takes time to swing and you're open for attack. That Irythyl frost sword is great at stun-blocking enemies since it swings so fast, (dex build).
Definitely mess with that butchers blade since you regain HP. You can't go wrong with any of those. That machete is kinda meh. I still use the frost sword on NG+. I have a quality build, though so anything works. My dex and strength are both soft capped.
[Reply]
Swanman 09:34 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
If you're going strength, great swords are nominal but remember it takes time to swing and you're open for attack. That Irythyl frost sword is great at stun-blocking enemies since it swings so fast, (dex build).
Definitely mess with that butchers blade since you regain HP. You can't go wrong with any of those. That machete is kinda meh. I still use the frost sword on NG+. I have a quality build, though so anything works. My dex and strength are both soft capped.
I am trying to keep things fairly even and not go crazy one way or the other. I think I need to put some points into the stat that ups my carry load so I won't be too bogged down with new equipment.

I tried out the machete and didn't like it much. It took forever to swing and my carry ratio was way too high.
[Reply]
Superturtle 09:36 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Swanman:
I am trying to keep things fairly even and not go crazy one way or the other. I think I need to put some points into the stat that ups my carry load so I won't be too bogged down with new equipment.

I tried out the machete and didn't like it much. It took forever to swing and my carry ratio was way too high.
What was your starting class?
[Reply]
Swanman 09:57 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What was your starting class?
Knight
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:08 PM 05-06-2016
Everyone try overwatch, this shit is so much fun, but its soooo faced pace. Free open beta this weekend. PS4/XBOX1 and PC. We got a bunch of my "clan" playing this game right now. Good stuffs.
[Reply]
eDave 04:10 PM 05-06-2016

[Reply]
Page 26 of 128
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up