ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 247 of 256
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:10 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Lmk what you think of it, I'm on the fence but will probably buy it eventually.
I couldn't get into it. Probably too burned out from the last one, that seems like it's pretty much the same game. I do plan on giving it another go, but not right now.

I actually started another Starfield run. I just don't feel like figuring out new shit right now. :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:28 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I couldn't get into it. Probably too burned out from the last one, that seems like it's pretty much the same game. I do plan on giving it another go, but not right now.

I actually started another Starfield run. I just don't feel like figuring out new shit right now. :-)
I feel ya man, I only do survival games when I'm in the mood. Palworld kinda spoiled me on survival games because it's light and I can mod out things I hate. I increased resource drops like x5 and turned off carry weight crap. I also modded in fast travel from anywhere and other annoying "features" of survival. Something like Valheim can be fun a month every year or two but for the most part survival games are just annoyance simulators.

Like you said gaming is me time, do whatever you have fun with. I still plan to play Starfield but I want a ton of mods to get rid of annoying parts for me.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:32 PM 02-29-2024
Oh, it's not on par with Dark Souls unless you're going for Super Bosses. It just had a couple rough spikes in difficulty.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:33 PM 02-29-2024
And in fairness, it was only hard because I was ignorant to what the game was trying to teach me. Once I cooled off and came back it was quite a bit more manageable.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:36 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Oh, it's not on par with Dark Souls unless you're going for Super Bosses. It just had a couple rough spikes in difficulty.
The Important part to me is that you can make it turn based, that's what I remember loving the strategy of for these games for me. As long as I can do that it's cool, and I'll give it a shot.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:10 PM 02-29-2024
Just went and watched a video of classic mode. I don't know exactly what it is, but it's certainly not turn based. So no, you can't.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:48 PM 02-29-2024
I was reading that early reviews are giving FF7 Rebirth Game of the Year vibes.

We’ll see. I still have to play FF7 Remake after I finish Days Gone.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:49 AM 03-01-2024
They really expanded the open world aspect in Rebirth. Now I see where the 100+ hour playtime comes into effect.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:11 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I was reading that early reviews are giving FF7 Rebirth Game of the Year vibes.

We’ll see. I still have to play FF7 Remake after I finish Days Gone.
Yeah these last few nights ive been putting hours into FF7 Remake in anticipation of picking up Rebirth in a few weeks. Really starting to love the hybrid turn based/live action combat system. Each character is unique and fun to play with. And obviously its hitting all the nostalgy buttons.

I want to play them consecutively. I want to finish the story (for old time's sake) and get good at the systems before diving into Rebirth.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:43 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Yeah these last few nights ive been putting hours into FF7 Remake in anticipation of picking up Rebirth in a few weeks. Really starting to love the hybrid turn based/live action combat system. Each character is unique and fun to play with. And obviously its hitting all the nostalgy buttons.

I want to play them consecutively. I want to finish the story (for old time's sake) and get good at the systems before diving into Rebirth.
Same, I'm in Chapter 13 atm, I beat FF7 Remake when it first came out but haven't played it since. No better time to finish it up and go into the next one.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:34 AM 03-01-2024
Lots of stuff going around that a video game crash is coming...
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:43 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Lots of stuff going around that a video game crash is coming...
What does this mean?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:01 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
What does this mean?
Basically the industry is in a shitty place, there are going to be less games made.

Look at all the studios firing people and closing, it's getting a little out of hand.

Also all of their obsessions with making games like fortnight is killing the market too, like that god awful justice league game.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:16 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Basically the industry is in a shitty place, there are going to be less games made.

Look at all the studios firing people and closing, it's getting a little out of hand.

Also all of their obsessions with making games like fortnight is killing the market too, like that god awful justice league game.
Smaller devs are thriving and taking over, I'm here for it. Palworld, Enshrouded, Last Epoch and Helldivers are all major recent successes.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:17 PM 03-01-2024
The AAA industry is definitely in a bad spot. The insane budgets have required games to monetize to the point where players have begun to reject these practices with their wallets. The steam charts indicate that indies and AA studios are feasting.

What I'm seeing is a bunch of studio closures (mostly) from projects that were highly unprofitable or they just plain delivered the opposite or what gamers asked for (hello Saints Row).
[Reply]
Page 247 of 256
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251 > Last »
Up