ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Wanya Morris
RaidersOftheCellar 05:50 PM 04-26-2024
Is he actually the plan for starting LT? Will they re-sign Smith?

Seems like there hasn't been much talk about a pretty important position.

Morris has potential, but I can't get that Christmas Day nightmare out of my head.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 07:28 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I really don’t want to see wanya morris again at LT after that Christmas Day game.
Wasn't he playing against Crosby and Koonce? Of course those guys would own a rookie with limited snaps.

Plus, the offense was a mess around that time.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:17 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
OBJ sucks

Smith kinda better but not great.

2 for 2 in ‘Bowls with those guys. It’s almost as if the organization should be trusted at this point. They could put a fat guy with a Domino’s Pizza box out there and we’d be fine.
SB LV
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:21 PM 04-26-2024
Expert Commentary: Pick No. 63 — Kingsley Suamataia
Draft Grade: A+
Pre-Draft Rank: 22
School: BYU
Height: 6' 5"
Weight: 326
One plus is not enough here — this is a potentially franchise-altering pick for the Chiefs here at the bottom of the second round. Suamataia is a bit raw, but he has legitimate franchise left tackle athleticism and movement ability. Throw him out there and let him grow into an elite tackle.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:26 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
SB LV
Yes. If Thuney, Creed, Trey and Taylor all die during the season, we will be in trouble.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:34 PM 04-26-2024
Kingsley vs. Morris for LTOFT and loser replaces Trey Smith next season.

Spoiler alert: Kingsley's going to win
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:54 PM 04-26-2024
OBJ sucks

Smith kinda better but not great.

2 for 2 in ‘Bowls with those guys. It’s almost as if the organization should be trusted at this point. They could put a fat guy with a Domino’s Pizza box out there and we’d be fine.
The Raiders game was not fine.

The Super Bowl in Tampa was not fine.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:06 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The Raiders game was not fine.

The Super Bowl in Tampa was not fine.
A. This is now mostly irrelevant since we drafted a T

B. Why do people continue to bring up the SB vs Tampa? Like Veach could’ve done anything about the O line injuries that occurred 2 weeks prior

C. I’m not necessarily defending Morris, maybe he sucks. My point is that Veach and Reid get this figured out. People can argue random one offs like the Raiders game if they want I guess but I’ll choose to trust the best HC and GM in the NFL.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:26 PM 04-26-2024
Man you guys are some Debbie downer mfs. Wanya was a rookie stepping in. Let’s not act like last year was his max potential. A year in an nfl weight room alone will do wonders and another year working with Andy heck and Duke mannyweather or whatever won’t hurt either. I kind of expect him to make a strong run at starting LT this year.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:58 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Kingsley vs. Morris for LTOFT and loser replaces Trey Smith next season.

Spoiler alert: Kingsley's going to win
I am so stoked for this pick. I don't think people realize how nasty Kingsley is going to be in a couple of years.

If Worthy and Kingsley Suamataia suck, I won't ever complain about a draft pick again, because when I wanted a WR in the first, Worthy was one of the guys I liked. Yes, I wanted to trade up for BTJ, but I love Worthy. And, after signing Hollywood, I would have taken Kingsley at 32. Actually, I would have traded away a lot for Joe Alt, but getting two of my guys with the first 2 picks is all I can ask for.

Now, if they can grab Brenden Rice I will be very happy. But, I am not going to be upset if it doesn't happen.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:05 AM 04-27-2024
Assuming we bring back Donovan Smith or someone like Charles Leno I think they move Morris to guard to cover and just develop the versatility. If that's the plan I'm a big fan. Let Kingsley develop for a year and take over. Let Morris learn the guard position and take over from T Smith.
[Reply]
Shields68 05:05 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I am so stoked for this pick. I don't think people realize how nasty Kingsley is going to be in a couple of years.

If Worthy and Kingsley Suamataia suck, I won't ever complain about a draft pick again, because when I wanted a WR in the first, Worthy was one of the guys I liked. Yes, I wanted to trade up for BTJ, but I love Worthy. And, after signing Hollywood, I would have taken Kingsley at 32. Actually, I would have traded away a lot for Joe Alt, but getting two of my guys with the first 2 picks is all I can ask for.

Now, if they can grab Brenden Rice I will be very happy. But, I am not going to be upset if it doesn't happen.
Alt would have taken our entire draft and next years.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:13 AM 04-27-2024
I feel like you gotta resign Smith as a stop gap. But if not then maybe just play the rookie. Doesn't sound like Morris has progressed all that much.

I dunno, maybe just need to see how camp goes.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:49 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I really don’t want to see wanya morris again at LT after that Christmas Day game.
Yeah because the rest of the team played so God damn amazing that day.

Chiefs weren't ready to play, they weren't motivated to play, their minds were elsewhere on Christmas day.

It was a shitshow across the board.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:08 AM 04-27-2024
Yes. If Thuney, Creed, Trey and Taylor all die during the season, we will be in trouble.
It only took two going down for KC to be in trouble, or am I forgetting someone?

And I was responding to the idea of just being able to trot anything out there and of course KC would be okay because Mahomes.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:09 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I wonder if they are thinking about options if Taylor moves to LT as well?
Wondering why this idea isn't getting moar traction.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up