Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:28 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lol quit acting oblivious. You had 5 more penalties, but only 13 more penalty yards and you know that doesn't matter anyway. It when the penalties are called and what they end up causing.

Then you look at the first down call. The ref initially spots ball right, but instead of running in a straight line he runs at an angle to give the ball carrier an extra yard. He doesn't even place the ball past the 1st down line and just rushes to get the chains moved. He knew where the LOS was and where the 1st down marker was. He knew that the ball carrier at best got back to the LOS, but gave him a first anyways.

**** off.
The missed measurement on the Rodriguez is much more of a valid complaint than the roughing the punter.

Goodfellow ran directly back in between the tackles still. I don't think the rule should reward a team for a botched snap, but with how it's written, it did.

Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
Learn the rules

The tackle box is the rectangular area enclosed by the neutral zone, the two lines parallel to the sidelines five yards from the snapper, and Team A's end line. (See Appendix C.) The tackle box disintegrates when the ball leaves it.
https://rulebook.github.io › sections
SECTION 34. Tackle Box - NCAA Rules Online

Sorry there’s an asterisk a tainted win is a tainted win

Learn the rules.

He was still between the tackles and Kentucky's "end line". He was never outside of the tackles. The ball was snapped on the right hash and he punted along the right hash, which is still within the tackle box.

pic.twitter.com/ZKm5LeObWa

— no context college football (@nocontextcfb) November 5, 2022

The rule should be changed or written better for situations like today.

Shit, a columnist for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (a Mizzou alum!) even said the rule was called correctly (and the language should be changed). I agree with saying the 3rd down spot was bad. Not sure I agree about the take along the Kentucky sideline (if they were to throw a flag on UK, there should have been an additional one on Mizzou for hitting Levis late), but everything else I think is what I agree with and fairly worded:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...51e2c2780.html

Originally Posted by :
But the officials who scurried off the field beneath boos did gift Kentucky a first down with a terrible spot on what looked like a third-down stop by Mizzou’s defense early in the third quarter. They also screwed up when they flagged only the Tigers during an in-game sideline skirmish between both teams along the UK sideline. They were correct, however, in overturning UK running back Christopher Rodriguez‘s fumble — he was down when the ball came out — and they were correct in waving off a targeting call that, if called against Mizzou, would have burst black-and-gold blood vessels. All of these moments, of course, would have been mostly forgotten instead of overanalyzed as evidence if college football’s roughing the kicker penalty was not just exposed as a very poorly written rule.

Here’s the most maddening thing about this game’s defining moment. It seems a ridiculous call could have, according to the rule, actually been called correctly. Which means the rule should be changed. The sooner, the better.

[Reply]
Jerm 11:58 PM 11-05-2022
I kill Drinkwitz all the time but the fact that it’s year 3 and the QB position is still a mess and the fact he won’t even consider playing Horn should ring alarm bells for ALL Mizzou fans…

It’s simply unacceptable.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:53 AM 11-06-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
I read his/her post. It’s full of conjecture and reactionary mad bullshit.
First off.....I am a "him"....how you don't know that is beyond belief. I've been on Chiefsplanet since the start. I was on The Star Board chatting with many of the members here for several years. About the only person who is here that predated me on the Star Board is Bob Dole At one point in time or another someone has said "I've met him and he is a nice GUY"

Now it's my turn to call your answer bullshit...

It's not conjecture. It comes from listening to local sports shows and hearing how they speak about Mizzou. AND....taling with other fans who say they were never happy when Mizzou and Texas AM were added to the SEC....most believe that MU brings no value to the table other than just another eay win.

I never said the SEC itself as a conference entity has it out for Mizzou....what I said is the general mentality of the old guard SEC sportscaster and fans is that Mizzou should not be in the conference. In fact when there was talk of the Super 64 League (Four 16 team regional confereces) there were remarks made to the tone of "good then we would rid of the Midwest teams and go back to the old SEC"

Now...you can take your response and "conjecture " about me and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:45 AM 11-06-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Lexington is a beautiful city with thriving industry, bourbon, and horses.
Let's pull the reins back a bit on this one.

Lexington is a nice city that has surrounding beautiful horse farms and The Kentucky Horse Park. But I wouldn't say it has thriving industry....it has steady industry in in the surrounding communities (Toyota and the supporting companies in Georgetown) the University and supporting companies. Lexington will have a steady economy with Bourbon and Horse farms (and as long as Toyota never leaves)

Both Aramark and Lexmark had a nice presence there but are nothing more than a small portion of what they once were. The problem that Lexington will always have is the legacy of how it sees itself and having a greater vision of being the Bourbon and Horse Capitol of the world.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:34 AM 11-06-2022
Win two more games dudes. Kansas vs Mizzou bowl game FTW.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:57 AM 11-06-2022
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Let's pull the reins back a bit on this one.

Lexington is a nice city that has surrounding beautiful horse farms and The Kentucky Horse Park. But I wouldn't say it has thriving industry....it has steady industry in in the surrounding communities (Toyota and the supporting companies in Georgetown) the University and supporting companies. Lexington will have a steady economy with Bourbon and Horse farms (and as long as Toyota never leaves)

Both Aramark and Lexmark had a nice presence there but are nothing more than a small portion of what they once were. The problem that Lexington will always have is the legacy of how it sees itself and having a greater vision of being the Bourbon and Horse Capitol of the world.
Lexington also has Big Ass Fans, Tempur-Sealy, and Valvoline headquartered there.

To your closing point, that’s correct. As long as Lexington limits itself for urban development it won’t grow as large to protect the horse farms because of the urban boundary line.

It’s more similar to Knoxville than it is Athens, CoMo, etc.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:01 AM 11-06-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Two more games, you say?

[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:02 AM 11-06-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
If that were to come to pass, we'll see what this Mod Team is truly made of.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:15 AM 11-06-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I kill Drinkwitz all the time but the fact that it’s year 3 and the QB position is still a mess and the fact he won’t even consider playing Horn should ring alarm bells for ALL Mizzou fans…

It’s simply unacceptable.
Agreed. The logical thinking me is fucking stunned they extended him. It's absolutely fucking insane.

But the Mizzou gonna Mizzou me wasn't shocked.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:15 AM 11-06-2022
They are paid to lose and Choi is happy to oblige.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:36 AM 11-06-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Lexington also has Big Ass Fans, Tempur-Sealy, and Valvoline headquartered there.

To your closing point, that’s correct. As long as Lexington limits itself for urban development it won’t grow as large to protect the horse farms because of the urban boundary line.

It’s more similar to Knoxville than it is Athens, CoMo, etc.
Point taken....but Valvoline and Tempur Sealy only have a smaller portion of their total employee base there in Lexington. And BAF is large from a sales perspective but only has 547 employees from what I read.

I enjoyed living in the Lexington area, but finding a job can be tough if you are in management
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:36 PM 11-06-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Agreed. The logical thinking me is ****ing stunned they extended him. It's absolutely ****ing insane.

But the Mizzou gonna Mizzou me wasn't shocked.
I was reading that the most important thing is the buyout. They extended Odom in 2018 and look what that got him.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:16 PM 11-08-2022
This is from Power Mizzou's Twitter

Drinkwitz said he thought about challenging the spot on Kentucky's 3rd and 1. He said he talked to the refs and said he wanted to challenge but he was told there was no angle that would be definitive to reverse the play so the timeout/challenge would be wasted.

Like what the actual fuck?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:52 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
This is from Power Mizzou's Twitter

Drinkwitz said he thought about challenging the spot on Kentucky's 3rd and 1. He said he talked to the refs and said he wanted to challenge but he was told there was no angle that would be definitive to reverse the play so the timeout/challenge would be wasted.

Like what the actual fuck?
Aka stfu bitches and take the L.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:36 PM 11-08-2022
and they extended his contract........punching bag for the SEC
[Reply]
Page 61 of 109
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Up