ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2195 of 2693
« First < 1195169520952145218521912192219321942195 2196219721982199220522452295 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 01:40 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Besides, if Mahomes simply throws the ball away at the end of the half, we get 3, and this isn’t even a discussion.

People so desperately want to blame somebody other than Pat when the fact is, that loss was solely on him. Dude had the yips for the entire 2nd half after making a huge mistake at the end of the 1st. Blame him.
Kelce and Tyreek dropped big passes in the 2nd half. Those guys usually make those catches.

Andy also shit the bed too with play calling and situational disaster late in the game.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:42 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
It wasn’t solely on him…Andy/EB wear that shit too, Chris Jones gets some of it too…in fact the entire DL.

They all wear it.
Bullshit.

100% on Pat.

For all the crying about things like play calling and defense, if Pat simple hits an open Hardman or Kelce at the end of regulation, we win.

It wasn’t just those 2 plays either. If he simply throws the ball away at the end of the 1st half, we also win.

If he doesn’t give the Bengals the ball in our territory, we win.

Pat played like the worst QB in the league for an entire half. Against a defense that wasn’t even that good. If he’s just average, we win easily.

I know it’s extremely difficult for many of you to accept, but it’s the truth.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:45 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Kelce and Tyreek dropped big passes in the 2nd half. Those guys usually make those catches.

Andy also shit the bed too with play calling and situational disaster late in the game.
:-)

It’s Andy’s fault that Pat was scared to throw the ball to open receivers that would’ve resulted in a TD?

Look, I wish we would’ve ran the ball too, but you can’t bitch about the play call when guys were open and Pat refused to throw them the ball for whatever reason.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:46 PM 02-12-2022
I put 90% on Pat and 10% on Andy/EB.

Pat played like ass the entire second half but as a coach…it’s your job to step in and adjust when that’s happening. Yeah, Pat could have ended it on that last drive but they could have done the same thing by pulling Pat aside and telling him that they were going to run the ball.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:50 PM 02-12-2022
Bullshit.

100% on Pat.

For all the crying about things like play calling and defense, if Pat simple hits an open Hardman or Kelce at the end of regulation, we win.

It wasn’t just those 2 plays either. If he simply throws the ball away at the end of the 1st half, we also win.

If he doesn’t give the Bengals the ball in our territory, we win.

Pat played like the worst QB in the league for an entire half. Against a defense that wasn’t even that good. If he’s just average, we win easily.

I know it’s extremely difficult for many of you to accept, but it’s the truth.
I can do this too….

If Reid takes the 3 at the end of the first half instead of letting the QB dictate what happens, we win.

If Andy and EB run the ball in the 2nd half, we win.

If we run the ball on 2nd and 3rd down at the end of the game from the 4 instead of trying to throw it, we win.

If Chris Jones sacks Burrow on either of the plays he had him, we win.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:51 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Pat played like ass the entire second half but as a coach…it’s your job to step in and adjust when that’s happening. Yeah, Pat could have ended it on that last drive but they could have done the same thing by pulling Pat aside and telling him that they were going to run the ball.
Even when Pat was playing like dog shit there’s still 0 reason to think he can’t hit Hardman for a TD on that 2nd down play.

He made more difficult throws on that drive than that one.

It just doesn’t make sense.

And I just can’t put that on Andy.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:51 PM 02-12-2022
:-)

It’s Andy’s fault that Pat was scared to throw the ball to open receivers that would’ve resulted in a TD?

Look, I wish we would’ve ran the ball too, but you can’t bitch about the play call when guys were open and Pat refused to throw them the ball for whatever reason.
Nope Patrick running out of bounds 2X and leaving clock was a disaster. He got lucky he got sacked that next play to run time off.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:58 PM 02-12-2022
I can do this too….

If Reid takes the 3 at the end of the first half instead of letting the QB dictate what happens, we win.

If Andy and EB run the ball in the 2nd half, we win.

If we run the ball on 2nd and 3rd down at the end of the game from the 4 instead of trying to throw it, we win.

If Chris Jones sacks Burrow on either of the plays he had him, we win.
You can’t expect everybody else to be perfect.

And of course I’m being hyperbolic when I say it’s 100% on Pat.

But with great power comes great responsibility. This team lives or dies by Pat, and there’s just no excuse for his play from the end of the 1st half all the way through OT.

We’re not talking about a play or two, or even a handful. This mother fucker fucked up more times than I could even remember. I forgot about him running OOB twice too. He was just absolutely fucking awful.

Again, this game isn’t even close if he’s just average.

He choked. Everybody else did enough to win, but their mistakes have been magnified because of the worst 2nd half I’ve seen from a QB in a long time.

And as bad as Mahomes was, he could’ve won the game if he makes a routine throw that he should be able to do in his sleep. Then he got another shot and blew it again. Then he got the ball first in OT and blew it again.

That’s why this game fucking pisses me off. I expect everybody to make mistakes, but I don’t ever expect Pat to completely and repeatedly choke like that.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:02 PM 02-12-2022

But with great power comes great responsibility. This team lives or dies by Pat, and there’s just no excuse for his play from the end of the 1st half all the way through OT.

We’re not talking about a play or two, or even a handful. This mother fucker fucked up more times than I could even remember. I forgot about him running OOB twice too. He was just absolutely fucking awful.

He choked. Everybody else did enough to win, but their mistakes have been magnified because of the worst 2nd half I’ve seen from a QB in a long time.
I don’t absolve Pat of shit trust me…he was awful in the 2nd half.

I wanna know what the fuck happened during halftime, something had to have happened…
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:07 PM 02-12-2022

We’re not talking about a play or two, or even a handful. This mother ****er ****ed up more times than I could even remember. I forgot about him running OOB twice too. He was just absolutely ****ing awful.

And as bad as Mahomes was, he could’ve won the game if he makes a routine throw that he should be able to do in his sleep. Then he got another shot and blew it again. Then he got the ball first in OT and blew it again.

That’s why this game ****ing pisses me off. I expect everybody to make mistakes, but I don’t ever expect Pat to completely and repeatedly choke like that.
We probably win that game if Chad Henne plays the second half.

Some of the worst quarterback play I've ever seen.

Mahomes looked like he had never played football before.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:08 PM 02-12-2022
I don’t absolve Pat of shit trust me…he was awful in the 2nd half.

I wanna know what the fuck happened during halftime, something had to have happened…
I honestly don’t think that’s what it was.

The mistake at the end of the half got him out of his groove, then the drops from Tyreek and Kelce got him shook, then the pick just completely broke him.

On the last drive in regulation, it seemed like he was getting in rhythm again. Then he just completely blew it on 2nd and 3rd down.

We were lucky to even get it to OT because he almost fumbled it away.

He was just so bad that I don’t think it’s even worth our time to blame anybody but him.

Even with their mistakes, everybody else did enough for us to win a game we should’ve easily won, and had multiple opportunities at the end for Pat to win it.
[Reply]
-King- 02:10 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

This is where I'm at. As a coach, you have to recognize when a player is going to cost you a game and figure out how to get the ball out of his hands.

But yeah, he wouldn't have been put in that position if Pat wasn't playing like a drunk Johnny Manziel.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:10 PM 02-12-2022

The mistake at the end of the half got him out of his groove, then the drops from Tyreek and Kelce got him shook, then the pick just completely broke him.

On the last drive in regulation, it seemed like he was getting in rhythm again. Then he just completely blew it on 2nd and 3rd down.

He was just so bad that I don’t think it’s even worth our time to blame anybody but him.

Even with their mistakes, everybody else did enough for us to win a game we should’ve easily won, and had multiple opportunities at the end for Pat to win it.
It's hard to fathom that after all his success, that Pat is that much of a mental midget. He just can't get rattled that badly in that situation. Dude needs to get hooked up with the best sports psychologist money can buy and figure out how to keep his composure when things get shaky.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:12 PM 02-12-2022

When I saw the replay of the Kelce route on 3rd and goal, I did get physically ill lol…
[Reply]
staylor26 02:12 PM 02-12-2022
You literally can’t make it any easier than this:

Andy, even with his mistakes, got Pat there and gave him a layup to win it.
[Reply]
Page 2195 of 2693
« First < 1195169520952145218521912192219321942195 2196219721982199220522452295 > Last »
Up