ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 295
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Dayze 08:45 AM 04-24-2020
sounds like CEH has a really good personality for this team. If that's the right wording etc. Isn't all aloof and goofy; seems like he's a good kid.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:47 AM 04-24-2020
Ah so this guy watched this dudes tape embarrassing a powerhouse program like Bama.

One coach told me new #Chiefs RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire was the best player he saw on tape in this draft:
"He's such a playmaker. He’s a good ball-carrier, but his value in the pass game is pretty substantial. He never gets tackled by the first guy."

Another toy for Andy Reid.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
banyon 08:48 AM 04-24-2020
I was hoping for the Fulton kid, but after watching the film it just jumps off the page at you. I’m good
[Reply]
RedSea90 08:52 AM 04-24-2020
Veach asked Mahomes around 5pm “who do you want? “ Mahomes didn’t hesitate to say Helaire. Sounds like he was the focus all along. Guys, were already at that point where they ask Mahomes who the pick will be hahaha. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:54 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Crazy how so many people on here talked about never taking an RB in the 1st round before the draft. Now that Veach does it he is a genius.
I don't think it's that, I wanted a fatty and loved Ezra Cleveland, but I think the Chiefs were set on a CB, LB or RB. There was a run on LB's and CB's the 12 picks before. I also was thinking swift, but once you watch tape on both for our offense, I love this pick.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:02 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I don't think it's that, I wanted a fatty and loved Ezra Cleveland, but I think the Chiefs were set on a CB, LB or RB. There was a run on LB's and CB's the 12 picks before. I also was thinking swift, but once you watch tape on both for our offense, I love this pick.
I havent done fuck all in looking at prospects but when the Chiefs pick was getting near I took a gander at the board and I was really surprised when a lot of people were calling for Swift. After all the shit McCoy was getting for fumbles people were wanting a guy who reportedly had one of the worst carry to fumble ratios? Interesting.

Glad we didnt go that route.

Sounds like CEH is a 3 down back who can change direction on a dime, hard to tackle, doesnt fumble, and good in the pass game. Sounds like a much better RB to me.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:05 AM 04-24-2020
Gonna be firmly in the ROYconversation. You cant cover this guy coming out of the backfield and one guy doesnt bring himdown. He's the best receiving RB to come in years. The fit in this offense in ridiculous. I didnt know that about him coming out. Schrager says he may have been his favorite player in this draft. Mahomes unstoppable next year.

Gotta say it one more time. His route running, cuts, catching out of the backfield is truly elite. He's on his own level in that regard. And this kid routinely in space will crush the soul of any defense. Guranteed. Chiefs won the draft on this pick, per Schrager.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:06 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I havent done **** all in looking at prospects but when the Chiefs pick was getting near I took a gander at the board and I was really surprised when a lot of people were calling for Swift. After all the shit McCoy was getting for fumbles people were wanting a guy who reportedly had one of the worst carry to fumble ratios? Interesting.

Glad we didnt go that route.

Sounds like CEH is a 3 down back who can change direction on a dime, hard to tackle, doesnt fumble, and good in the pass game. Sounds like a much better RB to me.
and I think he had only 1 fumble in college.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:07 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Gonna be firmly in the ROYconversation. You cant cover this guy coming out of the backfield and one guy doesnt bring himdown. He's the best receiving RB to come in years.
And he’s going to the perfect situation. We have the deep and intermediate threats to create space for him.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:08 AM 04-24-2020
One thing from watching him in the 'Bama game... I hope we stay far away from Diggs in this draft.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:10 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Still won't be able to run the ball if the O-line doesn't improve. How many times did we run it straight up the gut for no gain last year???

Answer....A ton!
CEH is a very different runner than Damien Williams or even Shady.

Williams is a one-cut speed guy. He needs a hole to accelerate through. I wouldn't consider him shifty, though he does have decent power and can break tackles.

With his ELITE stop-start-initial burst, paired with his patience and ability to set up blocks, CEH can make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

That shiftiness and elusiveness will make the OL look better than it is simply because he can create things even when there is no initial hole.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:11 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
and I think he had only 1 fumble in college.
Yeah. Something like 450 touches and only 1 fumble.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:12 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:
It always sounds like the guy was always the pick after the fact. But it also could be a correct assessment that Queen was not going to last to 32 and giving up a 2nd or 3rd to move up was not smart.

Agreed. Giving up a 2nd in this loaded draft is like giving up a mid-to-late 1st in most drafts.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:12 AM 04-24-2020
This kid is going to be on fire on Reid’s screen passes. Holy shit.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:12 AM 04-24-2020
Our 1-2 combo is deadly

Damien Williams was one of the best RB's in the league in 2019, when he was on the field.

Rush attempts per broken tackle leaders:

1. Alvin Kamara 5.9
2. Damien Williams 7.4 ��
3. Aaron Jones 7.4
4. Ronald Jones 7.5

— ThirdStringQB (@Third_String_QB) April 19, 2020

[Reply]
Page 27 of 295
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up