ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 248 of 2694
« First < 148198238244245246247248 2492502512522582983487481248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:11 AM 07-07-2017
Who did Mahomes hire as his offseason QB coach?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:12 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If Conley is still with the team when Mahomes takes over, do you think his numbers will go up, down, or stay right around the same?
If Conley is still a starter, I would say they go up (cautiously). Odds are that Mahomes will throw for more yards than Smith, thus it would be likely that most of the receivers have better numbers.

3 more weeks 'til camp. Can't freaking wait.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:22 AM 07-07-2017
I think Conley is fool's gold. I want to like him but I highly doubt he'll ever be anything better than a WR3. It's sad that he's forced into a WR2 role. Sorry. I just don't think he has the drive to go get the ball. Possession receiver who isn't that good at being a possession receiver.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:22 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Terrible take. Smith throws to Kelce routinely with defenders on his hip. Conley was the fourth option until this season
"Routinely"??? Kelce is arguably the best TE in the NFL at the moment and Smith could only find him for 4 TDs last year. Way to thread the needle Smith.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:24 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If Conley is still with the team when Mahomes takes over, do you think his numbers will go up, down, or stay right around the same?
No doubt that they go way up. Mahomes will probably double the passing yards for almost everyone. The issue for Mahomes will be how much he increases the interceptions and other bad plays. A single inception can negate tons of passing yardage.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:31 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Terrible take. Smith throws to Kelce routinely with defenders on his hip. Conley was the fourth option until this season
Alex Smith more routinely misses Kelce when he's wide fucking open twenty yards downfield.

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:32 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
No doubt that they go way up. Mahomes will probably double the passing yards for almost everyone.
So Mahomes is going to throw for 6,800 yards a season?

Wut
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:32 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think Conley is fool's gold. I want to like him but I highly doubt he'll ever be anything better than a WR3. It's sad that he's forced into a WR2 role. Sorry. I just don't think he has the drive to go get the ball. Possession receiver who isn't that good at being a possession receiver.
I dunno man... Last year Conley started showing up. He made critical 3rd down catches. He made tough catches. He has the size, speed, intelligence. I am really interested what happens to every receiver when there is a QB who scrambles with his eyes downfield and has the arm to deliver 30 yard bullets.

In fact, I'm getting so excited for preseason. That is... a first.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:40 AM 07-07-2017
I'm not saying that PMII will or should start this year. But I was thinking about the Eagles last year. If I'm not mistaken, Wentz was never supposed to start as a rookie either was he? But he came in and had a good camp. The Eagles traded Bradford to the Viqueens and everyone expected Chase Daniel to be the starter. Then, to everyone's amazement, Wentz was named the opening day starter and had a pretty decent rookie campaign. Who's to say that something similar can't happen in KC? AS I've said before, I trust AR's judgement either way. I will say that while I think that if he started this year that he would make a lot of mistakes. But I think that he is a student of the game and will learn from those mistakes. I also don't believe that he would be ruined ala David Carr if we were to start him this year. The Chiefs have a solid offensive line and a very good defense. They have a good running game. One of the best tight ends in the game and speedy deep threat. What better situation could a young quarterback ask for?
[Reply]
Fish 10:49 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I'm not saying that PMII will or should start this year. But I was thinking about the Eagles last year. If I'm not mistaken, Wentz was never supposed to start as a rookie either was he? But he came in and had a good camp. The Eagles traded Bradford to the Viqueens and everyone expected Chase Daniel to be the starter. Then, to everyone's amazement, Wentz was named the opening day starter and had a pretty decent rookie campaign. Who's to say that something similar can't happen in KC? AS I've said before, I trust AR's judgement either way. I will say that while I think that if he started this year that he would make a lot of mistakes. But I think that he is a student of the game and will learn from those mistakes. I also don't believe that he would be ruined ala David Carr if we were to start him this year. The Chiefs have a solid offensive line and a very good defense. They have a good running game. One of the best tight ends in the game and speedy deep threat. What better situation could a young quarterback ask for?
I tend to agree. Things change very quickly in the NFL. Lots of rookies get pushed into the starting role despite the staff being adamant they wouldn't. I completely agree the best scenario is to have him learn for a year. But by no means do I think he's at risk of ruin if some crazy scenario sees him having to start a few games as a rookie.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:50 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I'm not saying that PMII will or should start this year. But I was thinking about the Eagles last year.
Wentz was a 3 year starter in a pro style offense and a 5 time National Champion. He was also 23 years old.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:51 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So Mahomes is going to throw for 6,800 yards a season?

Wut
Almost everyone.

There aren't enough balls to go around to double everyone, all the time. Kelce had 1125 rec yards last year, that's not getting doubled. Tyreek Hill only got 593 yrds last year, I imagine that he could get doubled. Conley could too if we don't acquire another stud receiver.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:57 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Wentz was a 3 year starter in a pro style offense and a 5 time National Champion. He was also 23 years old.
Agreed.

The pro style offense knowledge is his biggest hurdle. Mahomes would have to blow everyone away at camp for Andy to even think of starting him.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:01 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Agreed.

The pro style offense knowledge is his biggest hurdle. Mahomes would have to blow everyone away at camp for Andy to even think of starting him.
Plus, history hasn't been exactly kind to 21 year old rookie QB's.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:05 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
I tend to agree. Things change very quickly in the NFL. Lots of rookies get pushed into the starting role despite the staff being adamant they wouldn't. I completely agree the best scenario is to have him learn for a year. But by no means do I think he's at risk of ruin if some crazy scenario sees him having to start a few games as a rookie.
I'm glad to see that we agree on this issue. Now if I could just sway you on the young earth argument, that would be great. :-)
[Reply]
Page 248 of 2694
« First < 148198238244245246247248 2492502512522582983487481248 > Last »
Up