ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 44
« First < 303637383940 41424344 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:40 PM 04-07-2017
I fully expect Cleveland to trade up from 33 in order to get 3 total first round picks, and take a QB with the 3rd one. They liked Davis Webb a lot when coaching him at the Senior Bowl, IIRC. They could come away with a first round haul that includes Myles Garrett, O.J. Howard, and Davis Webb if they trade up back into the first round to get that 5th year option.

If the Chiefs want a QB, they need to be safe and trade up a little. Otherwise, they will be getting leapt without question by another team. Not to mention, they have teams ahead of them like Houston and NYG that seem interested in QBs too.

Dorsey should be targeting a trade that puts them in the late teens, maybe 20.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:47 PM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I fully expect Cleveland to trade up from 33 in order to get 3 total first round picks, and take a QB with the 3rd one. They liked Davis Webb a lot when coaching him at the Senior Bowl, IIRC. They could come away with a first round haul that includes Myles Garrett, O.J. Howard, and Davis Webb if they trade up back into the first round to get that 5th year option.

If the Chiefs want a QB, they need to be safe and trade up a little. Otherwise, they will be getting leapt without question by another team. Not to mention, they have teams ahead of them like Houston and NYG that seem interested in QBs too.

Dorsey should be targeting a trade that puts them in the late teens, maybe 20.
Colts at 15 or Dolphins at 22 are good spots depending on who they want.
[Reply]
Coogs 02:29 PM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Colts at 15 or Dolphins at 22 are good spots depending on who they want.
Titans at 18 might not be bad either.
That is a 220 point differential though, which would be both of our 3rds.

It also works out close to give them our second, and flip both of our thirds. 83 and 100 from them for 91 and 104 from us.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 03:29 PM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I'm in this camp.

And I may be alone here, but I am all for moving up to get the one we want (we being Dorsey and Reid). I know it's a deep draft and we have some other needs, but this is almost the perfect situation for us to go QB in the 1st.
I don't think that Dorsey is not a big Trade Up guy. I think many GMs think that the cost is almost always too high. Although maybe Dorsey will trade up for a QB when he really wants one.

But does Reid really want one?
Will Dorsey trade up for anyone?

Has Dorsey traded up since he came to KC?(I only remember trading down)

Imo it seems like there are 2 main types of GMs in the NFL.

One is the President/GM type guys who are buyers and sellers. They hire a player personnel guys to run their scouting and player evaluations while they focus on wheeling and dealing and being the President of the team.

The other type is a Scout/GM and they "grew up" in the scouting dept. They believe that quantity is better than quality when it comes to draft picks. They trust that their eye for talent will accumulate more talent in the long run as long as they have enough draft picks.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:43 PM 04-07-2017
Dorsey traded up for Conley
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 08:25 PM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dorsey traded up for Conley
Thanks
[Reply]
DaFace 09:00 PM 04-07-2017
Well, that was a train wreck. Carry on...
[Reply]
stumppy 09:16 PM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well, that was a train wreck. Carry on...
Good call.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:33 PM 04-07-2017
No way in hell I'd trade up to the teens for Mahomes.

In most drafts? Sure.

And I love the kid.

But, this draft is going to have FIRST ROUND TALENT IN THE THIRD.

Wanna move up? Use next years second or third.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:45 PM 04-07-2017
Peterman is a turd.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:55 AM 04-08-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
I don't agree with that.

I just think that Kansas/Missouri etc is a conservative part of the country. No, i'm not talking about politics. I lot of Chiefs' fan just don't want to REALLY suck. The boom/bust moves that some people want to take is not something that people in these parts are comfortable with.

Most Chiefs' fans are all for improving the QB position, they just don't want to go "all in" to do it. Not the same as not wanting to win a super bowl.

I wish we were more aggressive, but Reid/Dorsey are about as conservative as it gets. They are a good fit for this part of the country.
This is very true and the reason why the chiefs and Royals flourish here. Hard working honest folks will endure more than most.
[Reply]
splatbass 11:46 AM 04-08-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
This is very true and the reason why the chiefs and Royals flourish here. Hard working honest folks will endure more than most.
You must not be talking about people on CP, because all I see here are people that cry like little bitches every time the Chiefs don't do what they want them to do.
[Reply]
nychief 01:26 PM 04-08-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJbSvidohg
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:38 PM 01-05-2019
Pretty clear we drafted the right guy. Watson is still learning but Mahomes is also. It's just that Mahomes is miles ahead of him.
[Reply]
Bewbies 05:44 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
No way in hell I'd trade up to the teens for Mahomes.

In most drafts? Sure.

And I love the kid.

But, this draft is going to have FIRST ROUND TALENT IN THE THIRD.

Wanna move up? Use next years second or third.
Nailed it. :-)
[Reply]
Page 40 of 44
« First < 303637383940 41424344 >
Up