« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official College Football 2021 Thread ****
Titty Meat 04:45 PM 08-27-2021
Week 3 schedule

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule/
[Reply]
Stryker 08:22 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The guy is a moron. He thinks it’s fine to end things this way with his team?

News flash, Brian. The country’s best recruits are being courted by other really outstanding coaches and programs in the country. You don’t think future players will look at your actions when making their choice?
Ok, you go from a "select" player pick due to the university's (obvious) high standards to "fruit for the picking". You go from $2 million a year to a guaranteed $9.5 million a year for 10 years + incentives and you are a piece of shit? WTF? If put in that situation, I CHALLENGE any of YOU to tell me, HONESTLY, you would not do it? Please! He wants a CHAMPIONSHIP - to go along with his legacy - #3 on all time coaching WINS in college football. He is mature, thorough and a proven winner. He had numerous limitations at ND. They are always the "ugly" duck. Now, he will have a chance at SEC supremacy. He is also a very good recruiter. It will work out and he will be fine. Welcome Brian Kelly to LSU!
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:24 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Ok, you go from a "select" player pick due to the university's (obvious) high standards to "fruit for the picking". You go from $2 million a year to a guaranteed $9.5 million a year for 10 years + incentives and you are a piece of shit? WTF? If put in that situation, I CHALLENGE any of YOU to tell me, HONESTLY, you would not do it? Please! He wants a CHAMPIONSHIP - to go along with his legacy - #3 on all time coaching WINS in college football. He is mature, thorough and a proven winner. He had numerous limitations at ND. They are always the "ugly" duck. Now, he will have a chance at SEC supremacy. He is also a very good recruiter. It will work out and he will be fine. Welcome Brian Kelly to LSU!
I think Brian Kelly is a piece of shit because he was responsible for the death of a student assistant that would have been avoided if he wasn't an asshole of a person.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ory?id=6219373
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:25 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Assuming Alabama loses a close game and Cincinnati and OSU wins, who gets bumped?
I would bet Alabama and Cincinnati would be in, and I personally wouldn't see a huge problem with it.... I don't think Alabama is going to drop 2 spots unless they lose by multiple touchdowns (minus garbage time).

And I'm not sure Cincinnati can play their way out unless they lose, given Houston is ranked.

I'd also be surprised if Oklahoma State wins this weekend, just given the monkey off their back last weekend... it would actually be kind of impressive if they take care of business.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:32 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Who should get bumped? Neither.

Who does get bumped? Likely Cincy.
That might need to happen to possibly change the playoff structure. I imagine a large portion of America would not like a Cincinnati team who did not lose get knocked out for no reason.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:32 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I think Brian Kelly is a piece of shit because he was responsible for the death of a student assistant that would have been avoided if he wasn't an asshole of a person.

I completely forgot about that story. Very sad.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:34 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I would bet Alabama and Cincinnati would be in, and I personally wouldn't see a huge problem with it.... I don't think Alabama is going to drop 2 spots unless they lose by multiple touchdowns (minus garbage time).

And I'm not sure Cincinnati can play their way out unless they lose, given Houston is ranked.

I'd also be surprised if Oklahoma State wins this weekend, just given the monkey off their back last weekend... it would actually be kind of impressive if they take care of business.
I hope Cincinnati made it, but my gut tells me that if a 2 loss Alabama makes it and OSU wins, Cincinnati will be the odd team that is left out. Granted I think if they make it as a #4 seed, they get crushed by UGA (assuming they beat Alabama).
[Reply]
Stryker 08:35 PM 11-30-2021

And that was the coaches fault? Sad but that was Mother Nature not by the hands of Brian Kelly.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:35 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I completely forgot about that story. Very sad.
Yes, but because he coaches teams that win a lot of football games, it's completely ignored.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:37 PM 11-30-2021
Then he can deal with it in the afterlife.
Did you have any problem with Coach O allegedly mishandling sexual assault/harassment allegations against Guice?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:37 PM 11-30-2021
In be4 LSU A/V club hits the transfer portal
[Reply]
Stryker 08:59 PM 11-30-2021
Did you have any problem with Coach O allegedly mishandling sexual assault/harassment allegations against Guice?
Oh absolutely I do! Coach O is the most immature coach LSU has ever had. I hope the HAMMER falls for those allegations. Coach O got hired as HC through the Forrest Gump vine - never was a fan even if a 19 - 0 National Championship came from it. He thinks packing up and running off to Destin, FL will escape his eluding fate - WRONG! He will get what is coming to him.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:50 PM 11-30-2021
Okie State has a far better resume than Michigan does and I'd argue that if they beat Baylor it's a better win than if Michigan beats Iowa. That said, the AP is going to give preferential treatment to Michigan when their only quality win came against Ohio State.

Right now I'd have:

1. Georgia
2. Oklahoma State
3. Cincinnati
4. Alabama
5. Michigan

If everything goes as thought with Georgia piss-pounding Bama, Okie St winning, Cincy over Houston, and Michigan beating Iowa, then I'd move Michigan to 4 and Notre Dame to 5. If Bama keeps it close though and any other team in the top 4 lose, then it's hard to knock Bama out for Notre Dame who has a shit schedule.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:53 PM 11-30-2021
I don't care that he switched schools.

If I were going to leave, though, I would have the fucking decency to tell my players and staff what my intentions are before some media dweeb gets ahold of this crap. I also wouldn't call my players in at 7:00 AM and leave after 2 minutes or whatever it was.

What that shows me as a recruit is you don't actually respect your players, their time, or their careers. It shows me that if a university throws the farm to sign you, you first remember what your responsibilities are at home. You don't let your recruiters do house visits while the news fucking breaks. You don't just dawdle and let the deal get finalized before you wait a few hours to tell people.

Your players and coaches have the first right to know what's going on. LSU can fucking wait an hour or two before shit gets leaked. And they would-- it's not like there was any competition for that job. LSU knew who they wanted, and they weren't going to finish the interview with, "We have some other candidates in mind, so we'll give you a call in a couple days to let you know our decision, ok?"

If I'm a top recruit right now and I know the circumstances of how Kelly left ND, there's no way I sign with LSU if I receive the same offer to play at another top coach's school. No fucking way.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:55 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don't care that he switched schools.

If I were going to leave, though, I would have the fucking decency to tell my players and staff what my intentions are before some media dweeb gets ahold of this crap. I also wouldn't call my players in at 7:00 AM and leave after 2 minutes or whatever it was.

What that shows me as a recruit is you don't actually respect your players, their time, or their careers. It shows me that if a university throws the farm to sign you, you first remember what your responsibilities are at home. You don't let your recruiters do house visits while the news fucking breaks. You don't just dawdle and let the deal get finalized before you wait a few hours to tell people.

Your players and coaches have the first right to know what's going on. LSU can fucking wait an hour or two before shit gets leaked. And they would-- it's not like there was any competition for that job. LSU knew who they wanted, and they weren't going to finish the interview with, "We have some other candidates in mind, so we'll give you a call in a couple days to let you know our decision, ok?"

If I'm a top recruit right now and I know the circumstances of how Kelly left ND, there's no way I sign with LSU. No fucking way.
Yup. Kelly is an asshat.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:57 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I hope Cincinnati made it, but my gut tells me that if a 2 loss Alabama makes it and OSU wins, Cincinnati will be the odd team that is left out. Granted I think if they make it as a #4 seed, they get crushed by UGA (assuming they beat Alabama).
I would agree if Cincinnati wasn't playing this weekend or if they were playing an unranked team.

The way it should be viewed (IMO) is nothing before yesterday matters.... Cincinnati is #4 and they have to play their way out of it.

In other words, at the end of the weekend, there shouldn't be this over-analyzing SoS and all these other things, because all of that is taken into account in their #4 ranking.

So, it only comes down to how much more/less impressive the wins/losses are this weekend on whether Cincinnati is in or out. What's a win against Baylor versus a win against Houston? If Ok St beats the higher ranked team by 3 more touchdowns than Cincinnati's win, is that impressive enough to give them the nod?

All that said, there could be something said about recalibrating at the end of the season and saying a quality win at the time probably wasn't or whatever, given preseason polls are bullshit... but, they kind of make their bed by over-rating teams early in the season, which throws wrenches in everything, so there's really no going back from that.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 174
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Up