Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Our pal Bashaud Breeland visited the Vikings yesterday
RunKC 07:32 AM 05-21-2021

Bashaud Breeland visited Vikings Thursday. https://t.co/7ZsxsqWqJw

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) May 21, 2021

[Reply]
Wilson8 12:20 PM 05-31-2021
Tyrann Mathieu wants Bashaud Breeland back.

Originally Posted by :
Mathieu, however, is still holding out hope that Breeland will come back to Kansas City.

“To me, he’s one of the more underrated cornerbacks in this league,” Mathieu said last week, via Nate Taylor of TheAthletic.com. “I really felt like the last couple years he’s really helped us out a lot, being able to play press-man [coverage] with elite receivers. He’s a guy that deserves a lot of credit for what we’ve been able to do. We talk more than other [teammates]. Just really wishing him the best and I hope we can get him back here.”

Per Taylor, Breeland and the Chiefs have engaged in discussions on the cornerback possibly returning on a one-year deal. But those conversations have yet to result in anything definitive.

In 27 games over the last two seasons with Kansas City, Breeland has recorded four interceptions, three fumble recoveries, and 17 passes defensed. A former Washington fourth-round pick, Breeland has 14 picks and 81 passes defensed in his seven pro seasons.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...and-back-here/
Maybe Tyrann would be more open for a new contract if he knew money was going for help on defense?

Bashaud Breeland, Justin Houston, or K.J. Wright would help the defense and get us closer to being able to make Patrick's wish come true, 20 - 0.
[Reply]
TEX 12:25 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Tyrann Mathieu wants Bashaud Breeland back.
So do I, for the right contract.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:39 PM 05-31-2021
CB – (6) Charvarius Ward, Rashad Fenton, L’Jarius Sneed, Thakarius Bopete Keyes, Deandre Baker, Mike Hughes, and Chris Lammons
UDFA – Marlon Character, Louisville, Dicaprio Bootle, Nebraska, Manny Patterson, Maine

We have a lot of young corners that might be good, but it would be better for the Chiefs to have Bashaud back.

Breeland probably wanting a multi year deal that Chiefs are unwilling to do.

Side Note - I don't think Charvarius Ward has signed his RFA contract yet.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:45 PM 05-31-2021

We have a lot of young corners that might be good, but it would be better for the Chiefs to have Bashaud back.

Breeland probably wanting a multi year deal that Chiefs are unwilling to do.
So offer him a 3 year deal, voidable after 1, that gives him 3/4ths of the $$$ he wants. As long as he plays solid and avoids stupidity off the field he has his longer term contract...
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:36 PM 05-31-2021
overthecap.com says Chiefs have $7,872,709. spotrac.com says $8,288,534.

Some free agent CB contracts signed this year.
Patrick Peterson, Vikings - 1 year $8M.
Kyle Fuller, Broncos - 1 year $9,470,588
A.J. Bouye, Panthers - 1 year $3.5M
Malcom Butler, Cardinals - 1 year $3.25M
Casey Hayward, Raiders - 1 year $2.5M
Mike Hilton, Bengals - 1 year $6M
Ronald Darby, Broncos - 3 year $30M, $19.5M guaranteed
Janoris Jenkins, Titans - 1 year $7.5M
Adoree' Jackson, Giants - 3 year $38M, $11M guaranteed
William Jackson III, Washington - 3 year with 2 additional void years, $40M
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:54 PM 05-31-2021
I'm sure it has been written about in other CP threads, but Broncos have certainly invested in their CBs for 2021 - Kyle Fuller, Ronald Darby, Patrick Surtain II, and Kary Vincent.

I knew about their draft, but had not followed their free agent signings.
[Reply]
TEX 03:03 PM 05-31-2021
I'm sure it has been written about in other CP threads, but Broncos have certainly invested in their CBs for 2021 - Kyle Fuller, Ronald Darby, Patrick Surtain II, and Kary Vincent.

I knew about their draft, but had not followed their free agent signings.
Well, they needed to. They face Mahomes and Hebert twice a year.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 03:40 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Well, they needed to. They face Mahomes and Hebert twice a year.
Is that Bobby Hebert by chance ?:-)
[Reply]
TEX 04:20 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Is that Bobby Hebert by chance ?:-)
LOL! You got me. Herbert... That's what not proofing your shit will get you. I'm so bad about doing that.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:37 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by flinchfree:
Breeland is a numbskull kinda guy that won't get out of his own way.
No biggie that we've moved on.
That's a good point. I forgot about that.

We've had enough drama on this team in recent years. Let a young, talented, and hungry guy who keeps his nose clean have a shot. We have a few on hand.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 05:01 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
LOL! You got me. Herbert... That's what not proofing your shit will get you. I'm so bad about doing that.
Its ok,i couldnt resist that,just how my dumb brain works sometimes haha.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:12 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
That's a good point. I forgot about that.

We've had enough drama on this team in recent years. Let a young, talented, and hungry guy who keeps his nose clean have a shot. We have a few on hand.
While i dont think his recent charge alone is a big enough reason not to sign him, its clear teams know something we dont. His whole career has been him not being able to land a contract except his almost contract with Carolina.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:04 PM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
While i dont think his recent charge alone is a big enough reason not to sign him, its clear teams know something we dont. His whole career has been him not being able to land a contract except his almost contract with Carolina.
His injury back in the day would've ended some careers. The fact that he came back to play at all is a miracle in and of itself, but to play at such a high level...
[Reply]
Dante84 03:48 PM 06-04-2021
He just signed with Minnesota

The #Vikings have signed veteran CB Bashaud Breeland, who has spent the last couple years in Kansas City. He also had interest from Chicago, but lands with a different NFC North team.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) June 4, 2021

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:51 PM 06-04-2021
Dang, was really hoping we could bring him back.

Time to let the kids play I guess. Might not be a team in football with a younger corner group than us.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up