ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>More trouble for Kareem Hunt??
NIUhuskies 03:01 AM 01-24-2020
https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/...148140545?s=21

Will be interesting to see if this is true or not...

Looks like the early rumor is that he got pulled over with weed. Nothing big, but he’s on thin ice already obviously
[Reply]
-King- 04:31 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's easy to see, at least for me, that we could use better production at RB. That doesn't mean we have to bring back somebody that was a big problem for the team. You at least have to admit that, right?

There's no logical reason to want Hunt back. Do you want his production back? Sure. But with what this team has accomplished since, why would anybody want HIM, specifically?

EDIT: I mean, he's now that much older and he's a RB. And everybody is assuming we could have gotten him paid after his rookie contract, too. It's highly unlikely Hunt is even here in 2022 because of everything that comes with the position. Could we have signed Clark and Brown? Could we have paid Mahomes, Jones, and Hill? There's a ton of scenarios where Hunt is gone even without the off-field stuff.

Sorry, can't.

It'll go straight to DC.
What DC reason would there be for wanting Kareem back?

I'm thinking this is something only you think.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:31 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
His white knights are starting to filter back out of the woodwork again, what IS it about him that keeps everyone so loyal three years later?

Its become some kind of cult that refuses to die :-)
I'm not white knighting, but the guy is REALLY fucking good and we could use a near-elite RB right now sooooo...

Plus, I don't think that video was all that bad. He's got a drinking/anger issue, clearly, but I don't think it's something he can't fix. It's also not weird for many of us to wonder if it were necessary to cut him for lying to the organization about the incident.

I mean, two years prior we had drafted a guy who was convicted of beating up a pregnant woman. Then a year later we traded for another guy who was convicted on some DV charges.. but apparently we draw the line at lying about a situation to get out of trouble lol seemed a weird hill to die on. Like, "Kareem, we love ya. We saw the video of you getting into an altercation with that young lady and that's totally fine with us, but you told us it wasn't a big deal and now we see that it was so you've gotta go."
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:34 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm not white knighting, but the guy is REALLY fucking good and we could use a near-elite RB right now sooooo...

Plus, I don't think that video was all that bad. He's got a drinking/anger issue, clearly, but I don't think it's something he can't fix. It's also not weird for many of us to wonder if it were necessary to cut him for lying to the organization about the incident.

I mean, two years prior we had drafted a guy who was convicted of beating up a pregnant woman. Then a year later we traded for another guy who was convicted on some DV charges.. but apparently we draw the line at lying about a situation to get out of trouble lol seemed a weird hill to die on. Like, "Kareem, we love ya. We saw the video of you getting into an altercation with that young lady and that's totally fine with us, but you told us it wasn't a big deal and now we see that it was so you've gotta go."
Do you have kids?

Lying is hardly an unusual hill to die upon. It's actually one of the most common.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:34 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's not why the Chiefs cut him though. It's because he lied! Lol.....

Lying to your employer is way worse than what Vick did. Chiefs should never have given Kareem a second chance like Vick got because Kareem lied. Gee such great logic there.
I never said that was the reason he was let go.

I'm saying that TMZ dropping the video with that blatantly sensational title really put us in a bind. It sparked far greater outrage than was warranted, which, I think, helped force the organization's hand. They can say it was because Kareem lied to them, and that may be partially true, but they were facing a lot of pressure due to the nature of the outrage of the video.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:56 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I never said that was the reason he was let go.

I'm saying that TMZ dropping the video with that blatantly sensational title really put us in a bind. It sparked far greater outrage than was warranted, which, I think, helped force the organization's hand. They can say it was because Kareem lied to them, and that may be partially true, but they were facing a lot of pressure due to the nature of the outrage of the video.
That wasn't directed at you man. I was just trying to show how blaming lying for the reason Chiefs let Kareem go is not something I'm buying. IMO truth is Hunt wanted to look like the 'good guy' to the league. In reality it was an overreaction on Chiefs and media's part. The Browns signed Kareem and he's been fine. No one even mentions the incident anymore except the homers who defend anything the Chiefs do.

Kareem deserved another chance especially from a HC like Reid. Given Reid's history with his sons, Michael Vick, and more recently Josh Gordon I would think he would defend Kareem.. Decision came from higher ups more than likely to look good to media or whatever.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:14 PM 11-30-2021

~~~~~~

But in some alternate reality, since you cultists refuse to let him go...

Maybe the Browns decide to go with Chubb and let your sexcrush go, and then in some strange twist of fate Veach brings him back on a sweetheart deal in his search for a bellcow... its at least plausible, who knows
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:31 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Probably cause were average at best at RB and he was amazing as fuck when he was with us?

It's not really complicated at all.
You want us to pay Hunt a Leveon Bell Jets contract?

No? Then the conversation doesn't fucking matter. Gone because he lied or gone because he's too expensive... he's still fucking gone. Period.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:01 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You want us to pay Hunt a Leveon Bell Jets contract?

No? Then the conversation doesn't ****ing matter. Gone because he lied or gone because he's too expensive... he's still ****ing gone. Period.
Hunt doesn't make Bell type money. Not even close. Lol. Nice try though.

I don't understand why it is so hard for people to admit Chiefs made a mistake. Veach isn't God because Chiefs won the SB during one season he was the GM here.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:04 PM 11-30-2021

I don't understand why it is so hard for people to admit Chiefs made a mistake. Veach isn't God because Chiefs won the SB during one season he was the GM here.
If he stayed here as the lead back and not second fiddle to someone else, he's not gonna play for the chump change he does in Cleveland.

You fucking know that. You can't be that dumb.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:40 PM 11-30-2021
That wasn't directed at you man. I was just trying to show how blaming lying for the reason Chiefs let Kareem go is not something I'm buying. IMO truth is Hunt wanted to look like the 'good guy' to the league. In reality it was an overreaction on Chiefs and media's part. The Browns signed Kareem and he's been fine. No one even mentions the incident anymore except the homers who defend anything the Chiefs do.

Kareem deserved another chance especially from a HC like Reid. Given Reid's history with his sons, Michael Vick, and more recently Josh Gordon I would think he would defend Kareem.. Decision came from higher ups more than likely to look good to media or whatever.
He was involved in an altercation shortly after arriving in Cleveland and almost got suspended again.

He was a ticking time bomb and they did what they felt they had to do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:41 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If he stayed here as the lead back and not second fiddle to someone else, he's not gonna play for the chump change he does in Cleveland.

You fucking know that. You can't be that dumb.
Exactly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:42 PM 11-30-2021

:-)

The reason he doesn't make Bell money - the reason he's not even a starter - is because he has a history of being a VIOLENT DRUNK.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:50 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

The reason he doesn't make Bell money - the reason he's not even a starter - is because he has a history of being a VIOLENT DRUNK.
He still makes plenty of money and gets a lot of carries even as a backup. He's doing just fine. You act like he is Aaron Hernadez. Calm the fuck down.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:13 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
IMO, the "But he LIED" excuse is pretty lame. The Chiefs should never have flat out released him without getting something for him. Just to let that talent walk to another AFC team for nothing was dumb. If he lied, and it hurt your parts that much, then suspend him, hold on to him and let the NFL do its thing, then GET SOMETHING for him if you still want him gone when the uproar settles down.
Once the video came out he was done. Right decision. They would have come after Tyreek and the Chiefs hard if they would have kept Kareem. Then couple that with Tyreek being railroaded shortly after, the Chiefs would have most likely cut Tyreek. It was the right thing then and now.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:14 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Once the video came out he was done. Right decision. They would have come after Tyreek and the Chiefs hard if they would have kept Kareem. Then couple that with Tyreek being railroaded shortly after, the Chiefs would have most likely cut Tyreek. It was the right thing then and now.
Glad it turned out that way as Tyreek is worth far more to this offense than Hunt ever could/would be.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up