ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cowboys Trade Undrafted CB Charvarious Ward To Chiefs [for Ehinger]
okiedokieokoye 05:01 PM 08-30-2018
Todd Archer

@toddarcher
Follow Follow @toddarcher
More
The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to trade undrafted rookie cornerback Charvarius Ward to the Kansas City Chiefs, sources told @AdamSchefter and me. It is expected to be finalized Friday.
[Reply]
Pooch 10:02 AM 08-31-2018
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11428/parker-ehinger
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:02 AM 08-31-2018
Q
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:05 AM 08-31-2018
For the second time?!
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 10:06 AM 08-31-2018
17 hours after the original thread was posted? I can understand a few hours, but 17?
[Reply]
FAX 10:12 AM 08-31-2018
Just making sure he's really gone, I think.

FAX
[Reply]
chiefscafan 10:43 AM 08-31-2018
Hmm I remember studying about him for our mock draft tons of potential in fact he was the sleeper pick in the 2018 draft. Veach seems a good evaluator let’s give the kid a chance.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:14 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So we get a player with an upside in a position of desperate need for a regressing backup OL? Sounds good to me. Dallas must have been desperate on the OL as we are at CB.
Their pro bowl center Fredericks is out, possibly for good, because of some rare neurological disorder he was diagnosed with very recently
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:21 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
Could this be Veach’s next Harrison Butker type find?
No, because Butker was a kicker good enough to be drafter. Ward is a cb who was not.

That being said, there isn't much downside here.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:25 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
No, because Butker was a kicker good enough to be drafter. Ward is a cb who was not.

That being said, there isn't much downside here.
In the fucking 7th round. He wasn't drafted super high.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:33 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
In the ****ing 7th round. He wasn't drafted super high.
He was one of THREE kickers drafted, which means he was well known as an outstanding prospect. He was good enough that the Panthers carried two kickers on their active roster for a bit.

Ward was NOT one of the 30+ corners drafted. While he may have been a legitimate prospect, he was certainly not at the level of Butker.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:00 PM 08-31-2018
Right so just because Dallas secondary isn’t that good doesn’t mean this kid won’t work out. Hopefully this is the inverse of David Irving.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:07 PM 08-31-2018
He was one of THREE kickers drafted, which means he was well known as an outstanding prospect. He was good enough that the Panthers carried two kickers on their active roster for a bit.

Ward was NOT one of the 30+ corners drafted. While he may have been a legitimate prospect, he was certainly not at the level of Butker.
It doesn't matter.

We needed a damn CB and there's no way to ensure that Ward signs here (and that's presuming he does get cut).

I think it's clear by the fact that Ehinger was included in this deal that he was about to get cut as well. So you want to bitch about us moving Ehinger for a UDFA that was gonna get cut - well we gave up a guy who was on his way off the roster anyway so what does it matter?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:08 PM 08-31-2018

No joke the more read and research him he sounds like a late bloomer like Brandon Carr.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:10 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
No joke the more read and research him he sounds like a late bloomer like Brandon Carr.
PLEASE.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:16 PM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It doesn't matter.

We needed a damn CB and there's no way to ensure that Ward signs here (and that's presuming he does get cut).

I think it's clear by the fact that Ehinger was included in this deal that he was about to get cut as well. So you want to bitch about us moving Ehinger for a UDFA that was gonna get cut - well we gave up a guy who was on his way off the roster anyway so what does it matter?
Jesus, no. In fact, I've stated REPEATEDLY that I like the trade. Ehinger wasn't making the team and we got a decent corner for him. That's clearly a win.

If you were paying attention, I was arguing that Ward was NOT another Butker-type find, IMO. Everyone and their dog knew that Butker was the real deal; few people had any idea who Ward was. Butker was a top-3 talent at his position; Ward clearly was not. That's literally all I was arguing.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up