ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cowboys Trade Undrafted CB Charvarious Ward To Chiefs [for Ehinger]
okiedokieokoye 05:01 PM 08-30-2018
Todd Archer

@toddarcher
Follow Follow @toddarcher
More
The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to trade undrafted rookie cornerback Charvarius Ward to the Kansas City Chiefs, sources told @AdamSchefter and me. It is expected to be finalized Friday.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:07 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I saw 3-4 damn good throw/catch combos, especially on those quick hitters.

We had good coverage, Baker just made a perfect throw and his receiver fought for the ball.

That was a really good game from Cleveland and they sure looked to be exceptionally well coached. I saw enough from them to be stunned if they didn't win the North.
Yea there is a big difference between flat blowing coverages like in the Raiders game last year, and the opposing QB making good accurate hard to defend throws. Especially on those damn slants.

For the most part Baker was throwing darts Sunday. Sneed got beat by the TE several times but thats got nothing to do with Ward.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:07 AM 09-14-2021
a few of those Sneed catches were just perfect throws.
[Reply]
scho63 11:10 AM 09-14-2021
We gave Baker all day to throw. WTF do you expect? :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:11 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
We gave Baker all day to throw. WTF do you expect? :-)
This as well. His second half numbers weren't nearly as pretty.
[Reply]
scho63 11:11 AM 09-14-2021
Baker is too good to give him 4-6 seconds or more to scan the field.
[Reply]
scho63 11:12 AM 09-14-2021
Our half time adjustments and the fact Cleveland gave up running worked out well for us.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:12 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
That was pretty much the story of the day.

We were almost always in good position. Baker made some great throws, and the Browns receivers were catching everything.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:14 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That was pretty much the story of the day.

We were almost always in good position. Baker made some great throws, and the Browns receivers were catching everything.
Thornhill got roasted a couple of times and Niemann bit HARD on play-action (acted like he'd never seen it before) a couple of times as well.

There were a handful of easy pitch/catch plays for big yards, but the secondary as a whole was solid.

For all the 'Mathieu made some money last night" talk because of a rough first half - I just didn't see it.
[Reply]
srvy 11:15 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Sneed was the guy getting beat like a drum on Sunday and here we are talking about Ward...
Yup
[Reply]
srvy 11:17 AM 09-14-2021
Get more pressure on the QB and Badger back then everyone looks better in the secondary.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:32 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Yeah, Mayfield was definitely on his A game. He made some good throws and he had lots of time to do it.

That said, Mahomes threw a 30 yard pass at one point that boggled my mind. It looked like he just flicked the ball with his wrist when he was running out of time and it was a perfect spiral rope. The pass was incomplete so it won't be long remembered, but ... wow.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 11:40 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Get more pressure on the QB and Badger back then everyone looks better in the secondary.
All day. I don’t think I remember much blown coverage, just a step or two behind.
[Reply]
srvy 11:42 AM 09-14-2021
The pass rush usually suffers when you have to respect the run game which the assstains have a great one.

Our DTs didn't play well for most of the game against a very good O-line with refs looking away on holds. I know that sounds like an excuse but seems we get boofed by the refs on this nearly every time against good opponents. The league just doesn't tolerate blowouts unless your QBs last name is Brady.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:46 AM 09-14-2021
Give credit to the Browns too. They are a good team with lots of talent. They could have won the game with a few less mistakes.
[Reply]
O.city 11:47 AM 09-14-2021
It was a perfect encapsulation of how being shitty vs the run just flows downhill.

When you are consistently asked to stop 2nd and 3, you aren't gonna be very successful.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Up