ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>OT Kyle Long added to Roster; RB McKinnon & DL Saunders to IR
Dante84 03:48 PM 11-30-2021

As reported by @MattVerderame, Kyle Long has been activated to the 53-man roster. Two corresponding moves have been made, Jerick McKinnon and Khalen Saunders have been placed on IR; per source. They will each miss at least 3 weeks.#Chiefs | #ChiefsKingdom

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) November 30, 2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:56 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Long is the ultimate "Ace up the sleeve".

Veach after last year said, never again! Not only did he replace every starter on the line with very high quality Lineman but he also has quality back ups like Bythe at center and a monster like Long for Guard or Tackle.

Long is healthy AND fresh for the stretch. This is awesome!

Well played Mr. Veach!
I’m honestly not expecting much out of Long. If he’s able to
Contribute in any tiny way, that’s a blessing I guess.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:24 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’m honestly not expecting much out of Long. If he’s able to
Contribute in any tiny way, that’s a blessing I guess.
I think he can at least come in and be competent.

We did not have competent for the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 07:30 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I think he can at least come in and be competent.

We did not have competent for the Super Bowl.
Yeah I wouldnt expect him to come in and be Pro Bowl, dominating Kyle Long but he should be much better than anything we finished last year with.

Who knows if he ends up playing a few games he may be a dominant lineman again. We know he can and has been that kind of player.
[Reply]
oldman 09:02 AM 12-02-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
What exactly is the injury? Fracture? Multiple fractures? Cartilage? Separation? Bruise? Muscle tear? Strain? :-)

Do you know?
I broke 2 ribs and it took about 6 weeks for me to be able to do much strenuous activitiy. It's not really the pain from the rib itself, it's that you can't breathe deeply. That's kind of important if you play NFL football. I've had friends that have had less severe rib injuries and it's almost as bad. Let Titty Meat greet you by the HY-Vee gate and give you a good shot to the ribs so you can appreciate.
[Reply]
-King- 10:11 AM 12-02-2021
Yeah I wouldnt expect him to come in and be Pro Bowl, dominating Kyle Long but he should be much better than anything we finished last year with.

Who knows if he ends up playing a few games he may be a dominant lineman again. We know he can and has been that kind of player.
I don't understand why people believe that. He was terrible the last few years he played and that was before his last few major injuries and before he lost and regained 100lbs.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:26 AM 12-02-2021
I’m kinda surprised he even made it to the 53.

Sure would be CD a welcomed surprise if he takes over at RT and plays well.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 01:25 PM 12-02-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I don't understand why people believe that. He was terrible the last few years he played and that was before his last few major injuries and before he lost and regained 100lbs.
Well the fact that Andy Reid, who is a lot better than me at evaluating Offensive Lineman, signed him in the offseason and has kept him all season and now promoted him to the 53. If the Chiefs feel like he can contribute then I think we have every reason to believe he can.

He was hurt much of the time the last few seasons with Chicago. They played him anyway because hes a tough SOB. His reward was no new contract offer and he had a falling out with the Organization he had given his entire career to. I think it ruined football for him and he retired because of it.

By all accounts he is in Fantastic shape and has his nasty attitude back!

Did you see the weight loss Gronk had during his retirement? Now look at the guy, doesnt seem to have effected him at all.
[Reply]
-King- 01:29 PM 12-02-2021
Well the fact that Andy Reid, who is a lot better than me at evaluating Offensive Lineman, signed him in the offseason and has kept him all season and now promoted him to the 53. If the Chiefs feel like he can contribute then I think we have every reason to believe he can.

He was hurt much of the time the last few seasons with Chicago. They played him anyway because hes a tough SOB. His reward was no new contract offer and he had a falling out with the Organization he had given his entire career to. I think it ruined football for him and he retired because of it.

By all accounts he is in Fantastic shape and has his nasty attitude back!

Did you see the weight loss Gronk had during his retirement? Now look at the guy, doesnt seem to have effected him at all.
Gronk was still good when he retired. Kyle Long wasn't.

And Kyle just came back from a broken knee which he got like a week into minicamp. How's he in "fantastic" shape?
[Reply]
oldman 03:46 PM 12-02-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I’m kinda surprised he even made it to the 53.

Sure would be CD a welcomed surprise if he takes over at RT and plays well.
I think we had to put him on the roster this week or lose him for the season. He came off the PUP list Nov. 9, so we had 3 weeks to reactivate him.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up