ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 270
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:58 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Daniel Jeremiah has Mazi Smith at 26 to the Cowboys today so I guess he's rising.
That's pretty wild. I don't think the Chiefs will be in a 31 there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:03 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And this would be very similar. Paying the LT top dollar with a rookie RT on a 5 year deal...
Yeah, I can't see them taking a RT in the first just to get that 5th year option. There will plenty of RT's available later in the draft that would probably be instantly better than Wylie.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:05 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They just spent $80M on Taylor. They already did what you want but apprently because he's not the perfect guy for the job in some people's eyes, it isn't good enough.
Folks are irrational when it comes to our sweet bi-racial angel.

But the bottom line is you'll never put a good enough line in front of him. A) 1 hit is too many for us and B) He just plays a style that's probably gonna get him hit on occasion. He's insanely competitive, he doesn't quit on plays, he's convinced he can find a throwing angle or take a step one direction or another and a path will open up for him.

And hell, he's usually right.

But his style alone will subject him to hits. Its similar to Watson but in a far more thought out way. Watson simply doesn't have a feel for the pocket and a slow release. So he's gonna get hit no matter what kind of line you give him. FFS - the guy made Tunsil look bad and that guys an amazing pass protector. Meanwhile Mahomes has neither of those problems but no matter what kind of line you give him, he's gonna get hit on occasion because that's the way he plays.

So "I want Mahomes upright at all times" just ain't gonna happen. But because he's as important as he is, we're always going to be seeking it. So the OL will always be something people want upgraded even if it's in pretty damn good shape and even if the opportunity cost is fairly severe.

{shrug}

Don't bother me none - people are silly creatures. I try not to worry too much about them...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:09 PM 03-21-2023
Yeah, I can't see them taking a RT in the first just to get that 5th year option. There will plenty of RT's available later in the draft that would probably be instantly better than Wylie.
Eh - I think you'll be holding your breath past the 2nd round. If even that far.

There are the fairly obvious candidates, Johnson, Skornoski, Jones, Harrison and Wright. Then maaaaybe Dawand Jones? Cody Mauch is talented but from North Dakota State I wouldn't say he'll be 'instantly' anything. Then what? Duncan? Freeland? Bergeron?

OT doesn't go that far, IMO.

I think if you want a guy you're comfortable starting in year 1, you'd better be taking him no later than the 2nd round and if you wait, you're probably banking on blind dumb like like a Larry Borom sort of situation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:11 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh - I think you'll be holding your breath past the 2nd round. If even that far.

There are the fairly obvious candidates, Johnson, Skornoski, Jones, Harrison and Wright. Then maaaaybe Dawand Jones? Cody Mauch is talented but from North Dakota State I wouldn't say he'll be 'instantly' anything. Then what? Duncan? Freeland? Bergeron?

I think if you want a guy you're comfortable starting in year 1, you'd better be taking him no later than the 2nd round and if you wait, you're probably banking on blind dumb like like a Larry Borom sort of situation.
I said "instantly better than Wylie". Even if he doesn't get on the field his 1st year, he could still be better than Wylie. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:12 PM 03-21-2023
And I'm not opposed to going tackle at 63. Just not at 31. And I think that's the way the Chiefs are thinking right now, as well.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:13 PM 03-21-2023

Dawand Jones is late first early second from what I've seen....lots of people have him going to Buffalo or Cincy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:39 PM 03-21-2023
Dawand Jones is late first early second from what I've seen....lots of people have him going to Buffalo or Cincy.
Wow - really?

I had him mid-late 2nd; a possibility at the Chiefs pick at 63. Guess I need to get up to speed with some of these 'risers'
[Reply]
Mecca 02:43 PM 03-21-2023
Wow - really?

I had him mid-late 2nd; a possibility at the Chiefs pick at 63. Guess I need to get up to speed with some of these 'risers'
Basically with the OT's lots of people have Bergeron going to Miami at 51 as basically "the last OT that can do anything right now" pick.
[Reply]
TribalElder 02:43 PM 03-21-2023
Did we make this splash yet?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:03 PM 03-21-2023
Basically with the OT's lots of people have Bergeron going to Miami at 51 as basically "the last OT that can do anything right now" pick.
Mauch intrigues me at 63 if we think Niang can answer the bell and hold it down for about 8 weeks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:21 PM 03-21-2023
The more I think about it, the more I think they HAVE to go OT in the first if they don't have a ton of confidence in Niang. That or they have some handshake deal with Conklin.

I just can't see them waiting until 63 if that position is up in the air.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:27 PM 03-21-2023
The more I think about it, the more I think they HAVE to go OT in the first if they don't have a ton of confidence in Niang. That or they have some handshake deal with Conklin.

agreed...too much uncertainty there

you gotta hedge those bets...figure at least 1/3 of Jawaan, Niang and Prince end up being not starter material
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:29 PM 03-21-2023

They don't HAVE to do anything. Thinking like this produces more busts than any other draft strategy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 03-21-2023
They don't HAVE to do anything. Thinking like this produces more busts than any other draft strategy.
But if they don't trust Niang, I kinda feel like they DO have to do something there.

Because I think OT is likely to be picked pretty clean by 63.

Now again, if they believe Niang can hold down the fort (or Prince) or they have some veteran option they haven't gotten inked yet that can step in like Remmers did in the event Niang breaks down or is ineffective - that's fine.

But right now, as this roster is currently assembled, you're putting a LOT on Niang's shoulders and his tiny little bird legs.
[Reply]
Page 108 of 270
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
Up