ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Free agent/Draft RB
O.city 08:42 AM 11-09-2022
They've gotta look for someone back there. What they've got just isn't good enough.

I think Saquon would be fun but he's played himself into a nice contract me thinks.

Same with Josh Jacobs. Man, he's ran so hard this year.

Any body have ideas there?

I like the kid from A&M alot, but I think he goes higher than we wanna spend a pick. But damn, he'd be perfect.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:49 AM 11-09-2022
Tony Pollard would be nice
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 AM 11-09-2022
I like Pollard alot. I just dunno that I wanna pay for a RB, but they can't keep sucking back there like they are now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:31 AM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I like Pollard alot. I just dunno that I wanna pay for a RB, but they can't keep sucking back there like they are now.
Need to fix the line. That's the biggest problem with the running game. And the passing game, for that matter.
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:37 AM 11-09-2022
https://youtu.be/yrOd7_lPVMo

Please. He’s probably a late 2nd rounder with his size?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:40 AM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Need to fix the line. That's the biggest problem with the running game. And the passing game, for that matter.
But I thought Veach got all this credit for his one year rebuild of the OL? On paper it should be infinitely better than the group of Reiter, Wylie, and LDT on the interior. But we’ve only seen marginal, if any, improvement. What gives?
[Reply]
O.city 12:08 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They just rebuilt it last year.

I'd say add a long term RT but that's about it.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:11 PM 11-09-2022
I really like the kid from UAB, DeWayne McBride

[Reply]
Direckshun 02:58 PM 11-09-2022
Unless there's a killer deal to be had, the Chiefs already have Clyde and Pacheco under contract, so I don't see any need for RB free agent signings.

I'd build through the draft. Spend a pick on the 2nd day if possible.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:06 PM 11-09-2022
I know we have a bitter taste in our mouths with undersized RBs after CEH, Darwin Award, etc... but man I'd be curious to see how Deuce Vaughn translates to the NFL.

He's been outpacing Sproles at K-State, who had his own great NFL career. He's even got similar vision, acceleration & possibly better wiggle.

[Reply]
kccrow 05:31 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I know we have a bitter taste in our mouths with undersized RBs after CEH, Darwin Award, etc... but man I'd be curious to see how Deuce Vaughn translates to the NFL.

He's been outpacing Sproles at K-State, who had his own great NFL career. He's even got similar vision, acceleration & possibly better wiggle.

He's a stud. My lone worry is his ability to hold up in the NFL with his size. He's tiny. 5'5" 160 might be his real size. I just don't know man... but he is a playmaker. I've seen varying ratings so far but seems he's in the 3rd round range.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:56 PM 11-09-2022
Devon Achane, Jamaal Charles long lost brother/sarcasm

That kid is who I want KC to target in the 2023 Draft
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:16 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:

I’d hope he falls to the 5th. I wouldn’t want to drop more than that on a dude his size. But I think he’ll perform.

RE: Sproles: he’s a tick less explosive/jittery than Sproles was, and that might be exaggerated by the fact that there was less team speed on defense in those days.

But I think he’s worth a look. Kid is a fast, tough, strong, smart runner. I’ve been impressed. Especially when they got down to their 18th string QB and everyone knew where the ball was going.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:33 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Devon Achane, Jamaal Charles long lost brother/sarcasm

That kid is who I want KC to target in the 2023 Draft
Another speedy back to consider... Keaton Mitchell. I think he plays faster than Achane, honestly, but I do like Achane.

[Reply]
Hoover 09:22 PM 11-09-2022
Chiefs trade for Antonio Gibson

Not sure it fixes the run game, but he would be dynamic is this offense.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up