ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>I’d trade 2 firsts for Brian Burns.
Direckshun 04:47 AM 10-27-2022
Wouldn’t you?

He’s younger and better at DE than Frank Clark was. He’s a great compliment, style-wise and contract-wise for Karlaftis.

Those 1sts will likely not get us players in Burns’ stratosphere.

He’s so young and ascending that the 100m contract you’re giving him will be for future production, not present or past production.

DE is the second biggest position of need behind OT on this team and the hardest to acquire given the resources we have. Burns/Karlaftis gives us a ridiculous ceiling at the position.

I know the scars are fresh from Frank Clark, but you have to keep swinging. You simply need great DE talent to win Super Bowls, and we don’t have that right now.

The Chiefs still have 17 picks over the next two drafts without the 1st round picks.

I know that Clark Hunt doesn’t want us to trade the 1st. But I think he wants Super Bowls more, and I think Burns helps blow open your window over the life of his contract.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:26 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm comparing him to 2019 Frank Clark and I absolutely don't do that trade again.
2019 Clark with elbows in braces? No, I wouldn't either.

I don't see any history of injury like that with Burns. You guys are comparing apples and oranges.

If Burns is Clark with a fully functional body, you can't get that at #30something and you trade a first. Not two, one.

Doesn't matter, they're not trading him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:49 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Nah man. No way.

Players I'd trade two firsts for right now:

Myles Garrett
Justin Jefferson
Micah Parsons
Jamarr Chase
Nick Bosa

And that's about it.
Yeah, Donald keeps hinting about retirement, but man how much fun would Donald and Jones in the middle be? But for 2 firsts - just too old.

I'd probably have Wirfs in there as well. In the 3rd year of his rookie deal so you have this season plus the 5th year option. And he's probably the best pass blocking LT in the game right now.

But yeah, at MOST 6 guys I'd consider two 1st rounders for; your 5 plus Wirfs.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:13 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, Donald keeps hinting about retirement, but man how much fun would Donald and Jones in the middle be? But for 2 firsts - just too old.

I'd probably have Wirfs in there as well. In the 3rd year of his rookie deal so you have this season plus the 5th year option. And he's probably the best pass blocking LT in the game right now.

But yeah, at MOST 6 guys I'd consider two 1st rounders for; your 5 plus Wirfs.

I thought about Wirfs, but since he plays RT I couldn’t include him.

He’s so good he likely would be able to flip to LT with no trouble … but still. He hasn’t done it yet.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:28 PM 10-28-2022
I thought about Wirfs, but since he plays RT I couldn’t include him.

He’s so good he likely would be able to flip to LT with no trouble … but still. He hasn’t done it yet.
Yeah, you look at someone like Lane Johnson who's been excellent at RT his whole career - he just never moved over to the left side.

I just think that defenses have gotten so good at finding your weakness and attacking it, that if you can get a guy who can be a genuine HoF caliber player at either T, that's hugely valuable. Even if Wirfs isn't someone who can make a successful transition to LT, just being an absolute nails RT has a ton of value.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:35 PM 10-28-2022
Nah man. No way.

Players I'd trade two firsts for right now:

Myles Garrett
Justin Jefferson
Micah Parsons
Jamarr Chase
Nick Bosa

And that's about it.
I agree that two first are expensive, but when you're looking at the value of those 1sts I'd probably expand that list.

My adds:

DE TJ Watt - Might just be the best edge of them all but forgotten because of his pec tear this year in week 1.
DE Maxx Crosby - Dude brings it every down and doesn't have much help around him. Him next to Chris Jones? Good God.
DE Rashan Gary - Really rounding into a terror.
DT Jeffery Simmons - About as well-rounded a DT as there is in the NFL.
DT DeForest Buckner - Not sure I'd do it with Jones in the fold because they are similar, but it's fun to dream of them next to each other...
LT Laremy Tunsil - Arguably the best LT in the game and a lot of that is being available to go with very good production.
RT Trystan Wirfs - definitely has an argument for best RT...
RT Ryan Ramczyk - ... but so does this guy (and Lane Johnson)
[Reply]
poolboy 06:52 PM 10-28-2022
It sucks that we have to again revamp our tackles after Bert made such a heroic effort to fix our OL..maybe OBJ can ball out, and we can sign a decent rt and pursue some DL with some picks and cheddar
[Reply]
Urc Burry 11:42 AM 10-29-2022
Breer has confirmed we’re checking on Josh Allens status. So that appears to be true.

I would assume the asking price would be a litttttle lighter than Burns. And he’s a more natural fit with Spags/Cullen defense
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:40 PM 10-29-2022
I doubt it gets done if we won't even send a first
[Reply]
O.city 07:43 AM 11-02-2022
Garrett Parsons and Bosa are my only guys I'd send 2 1's for.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:44 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Garrett Parsons and Bosa are my only guys I'd send 2 1's for.
TJ Watt is better than all of them and you wouldn't? I call bullshit.
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
TJ Watt is better than all of them and you wouldn't? I call bullshit.
Nah, I'm not a TJ Watt guy.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:11 PM 11-02-2022
No.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up