ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>I’d trade 2 firsts for Brian Burns.
Direckshun 04:47 AM 10-27-2022
Wouldn’t you?

He’s younger and better at DE than Frank Clark was. He’s a great compliment, style-wise and contract-wise for Karlaftis.

Those 1sts will likely not get us players in Burns’ stratosphere.

He’s so young and ascending that the 100m contract you’re giving him will be for future production, not present or past production.

DE is the second biggest position of need behind OT on this team and the hardest to acquire given the resources we have. Burns/Karlaftis gives us a ridiculous ceiling at the position.

I know the scars are fresh from Frank Clark, but you have to keep swinging. You simply need great DE talent to win Super Bowls, and we don’t have that right now.

The Chiefs still have 17 picks over the next two drafts without the 1st round picks.

I know that Clark Hunt doesn’t want us to trade the 1st. But I think he wants Super Bowls more, and I think Burns helps blow open your window over the life of his contract.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:08 PM 10-27-2022
Brian Burns will not be traded. Move on.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:05 PM 10-27-2022
There's no universe where Burns is the same thing as TJ Watt, fer chrissakes. Who thinks that?

And no way is Burns worth two firsts. I don't think he's worth one.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:15 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Keep in mind the Chiefs we’re willing to pay OBJ 25m/year last offseason. He wanted more.

But let’s not pretend like the Chiefs are on the fence about OBJ. They really, really want him. That is not at issue here, it’s can they agree to a deal with him. And there’s a non-zero chance Veach is under the apprehension that he can/will.

If so, I think you’re not as married to those 1sts. I literally think the LT position is the one thing potentially hamstringing a “2 1sts” offer.

These 1sts are at the bottom of the first round, and as I’ve said the Chiefs are already rich in picks with an elite drafting GM.

The most important thing this team needs after LT is passrush help. And if Burns can give you great passrushing for 5 years, it’s a deal I would make.
Do you honestly think that's the case for Veach though? I understand that you feel that way but has anyone said or done anything to indicate that the people who can make these decisions feel that way too?
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:58 PM 10-27-2022
I wouldn't give up a first for the fucking dude. It'll be a 1sr + $100+ mil contract. God that'd be a nightmare. This guy is over rated as hell
[Reply]
Bump 05:34 PM 10-27-2022
2 firsts better be someone like Aaron Donald or Myles Garrett, for this guy? nah
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:50 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh, and by the way, he is NOT significantly younger than Clark was at the time we traded for him (1 year) and he is not better than Clark was. In many ways, they are/were extremely similar players.

Burns has been asked to do one thing - rush the passer. That's what Clark was asked to do as well. He's been schemed up in a way that allows him to focus on that one thing, just as Clark was.

Seahawks Clark and Panthers Burns are far more alike than they are different.
See, the thing is, we haven't gotten Seahawks Clark. We've gotten busted elbows and Crohn's disease Clark.

If we'd have gotten Seahawks Clark, nobody would be complaining.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:52 PM 10-27-2022
Man, I'd do a #30-32 whatever it ends up being for him. No way I give two firsts.

You can't get a double digit sack guy very often at #30.

That being said, he's not going anywhere.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:59 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh, and by the way, he is NOT significantly younger than Clark was at the time we traded for him (1 year) and he is not better than Clark was. In many ways, they are/were extremely similar players.

Burns has been asked to do one thing - rush the passer. That's what Clark was asked to do as well. He's been schemed up in a way that allows him to focus on that one thing, just as Clark was.

Seahawks Clark and Panthers Burns are far more alike than they are different.
I find that I agree with you about 95+% of the time when it comes to players. Must mean you're very smart :-).
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:01 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Man, I'd do a #30-32 whatever it ends up being for him. No way I give two firsts.

You can't get a double digit sack guy very often at #30.

That being said, he's not going anywhere.
I'd rather have the pick and future cap savings that come with a draft pick. The guy is just so fucking underwhelming.

It'd be like Frank Clark all over again and wed have a Brian Burns fucking sucks thread. I'd be exhausted lmao.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:44 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'd rather have the pick and future cap savings that come with a draft pick. The guy is just so ****ing underwhelming.

It'd be like Frank Clark all over again and wed have a Brian Burns ****ing sucks thread. I'd be exhausted lmao.
Well, once again, we're comparing busted ass Frank Clark to healthy Frank Clark. If Burns is Seattle Clark, you trade a very late first no question, because you can't get that at pick #30something.

None of which matters, because Burns won't be traded.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:04 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, once again, we're comparing busted ass Frank Clark to healthy Frank Clark. If Burns is Seattle Clark, you trade a very late first no question, because you can't get that at pick #30something.

None of which matters, because Burns won't be traded.
I'm comparing him to 2019 Frank Clark and I absolutely don't do that trade again.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:20 PM 10-28-2022
Nah man. No way.

Players I'd trade two firsts for right now:

Myles Garrett
Justin Jefferson
Micah Parsons
Jamarr Chase
Nick Bosa

And that's about it.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:20 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm comparing him to 2019 Frank Clark and I absolutely don't do that trade again.
We trade for the Frank Clark that had 32 sacks in 3 years as a starter in Seattle.

If we got that guy nobody would be bitching.

At least we saw him in SF..
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:28 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We trade for the Frank Clark that had 32 sacks in 3 years as a starter in Seattle.

If we got that guy nobody would be bitching.

At least we saw him in SF..
That's the problem, though.

We traded for Seattle Frank Clark but got this Frank Clark instead.

You know how many defensive linemen get traded like that and equal or exceed their previous production? Not many.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 12:45 PM 10-28-2022
I can't shake an idea that has been rattling around my head. Trade for Bradley chubb and Jeffrey Simmons and we instantly have the best Dline in the league. I realize that the Broncos would be unlikely to trade Chubb in the division, but surely they have a price. If you had to pick one though, actually just go get Simmons.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up