ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>I’d trade 2 firsts for Brian Burns.
Direckshun 04:47 AM 10-27-2022
Wouldn’t you?

He’s younger and better at DE than Frank Clark was. He’s a great compliment, style-wise and contract-wise for Karlaftis.

Those 1sts will likely not get us players in Burns’ stratosphere.

He’s so young and ascending that the 100m contract you’re giving him will be for future production, not present or past production.

DE is the second biggest position of need behind OT on this team and the hardest to acquire given the resources we have. Burns/Karlaftis gives us a ridiculous ceiling at the position.

I know the scars are fresh from Frank Clark, but you have to keep swinging. You simply need great DE talent to win Super Bowls, and we don’t have that right now.

The Chiefs still have 17 picks over the next two drafts without the 1st round picks.

I know that Clark Hunt doesn’t want us to trade the 1st. But I think he wants Super Bowls more, and I think Burns helps blow open your window over the life of his contract.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:10 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think I'd do 2 1's. As much as I love the player, that's just not worth it unless it's a QB. Plus you're paying him after you trade.

Nah. I'd be out on that.
You’re underestimating the importance of a passrush for this team especially.

An effective four-man rush with Spags designing the back seven wins multiple Super Bowls with Reid/Mahomes.
[Reply]
O.city 07:11 AM 10-27-2022
If I'm trading 2 1's it's for a guy like Nick Bosa. I think Burns could be that guy here but there is some questions there that DJ and htis have brought up in the Burns thread in the lounge that have made me reconsider.

I hate the end of the first round picks as much as the next guy, but they are valuable when you can hit on them.
[Reply]
O.city 07:13 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
You’re underestimating the importance of a passrush for this team especially.

An effective four-man rush with Spags designing the back seven wins multiple Super Bowls with Reid/Mahomes.
Oh, I understand how importnat it is. I'm the CEO of the Brian Burns fan club, I just don't know that I'd trade 2 1's for anyone that isn't a QB.

Plus paying him.

The one thing I would say though if they didn't do it and kept the picks is you're pretty much gonna have to use atleast one of those picks on a DE because the current set we have just aren't good enough and needs more talent.
[Reply]
O.city 07:17 AM 10-27-2022
That's just a big damn investment. 2 picks and 100 mil is just a chunk man.

Now, I fundamentally am ok doing that for a dominant pass rusher and theoretically losing a guy like Willie Gay or even Sneed because of positional importance, paired with this regimes ability to replace and or draft those positions.

They haven't been able to find real difference makers at DE but they also haven't really put much effort into looking because of the Frank Clark thing. Well, I will acknowledge that as much as I love Burns, you could be in a similar position down the road if this doesn't go aces.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:49 AM 10-27-2022
For 2 1st rounders? My god no. For Nick Bosa, TJ Watt, or Miles Garrett? Still no.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:52 AM 10-27-2022
Oh, I understand how importnat it is. I'm the CEO of the Brian Burns fan club, I just don't know that I'd trade 2 1's for anyone that isn't a QB.

Plus paying him.

The one thing I would say though if they didn't do it and kept the picks is you're pretty much gonna have to use atleast one of those picks on a DE because the current set we have just aren't good enough and needs more talent.
You're not trading two 1sts for the player -- important to remember that. You're trading two 1sts for pairing him with Chris Jones and hopefully an emerging Karlaftis in a year or so. Surround those pieces with really good rotational pieces and you've mirrored what the Bills have done with their passrush and then some.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:53 AM 10-27-2022
Absolutely not. Draft a speed rusher like Sam Williams next year then sign a vet with speed like Jerry Hughes and just rotate the fuck out of everyone.

Pass rush isn’t won by a single player like Brian Burns. He isn't Von Miller. They need to get a rotation and use those picks to replenish the roster
[Reply]
O.city 07:55 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Absolutely not. Draft a speed rusher like Sam Williams next year then sign a vet with speed like Jerry Hughes and just rotate the **** out of everyone.

Pass rush isn’t won by a single player like Brian Burns. He isn't Von Miller. They need to get a rotation and use those picks to replenish the roster
Pass rush is won by having a good rotation plus having a single guy that draws attention making it easier on the others.

Sam Williams looks great opposite Micah Parsons.

They also have like 17 picks in the next couple years. I dont' think they have that many spots to fill.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:56 AM 10-27-2022
Pass rush is won by having a good rotation plus having a single guy that draws attention making it easier on the others.

Sam Williams looks great opposite Micah Parsons.
Brian Burns is not Micah Parsons. He's certainly not worth 2 first round picks.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 07:58 AM 10-27-2022
I’ve gone back and forth so much it’s ridiculous.

There is a part of me that gets Dee Ford vibes.

Butttt I know Spags has always preferred bigger DE, but the fact that Burns CAN drop into a zone and not be a nuisance has to be intriguing. Not saying to use him like Sutton did Houston so often. I can see him playing the SAM on certain downs and blitzing on top of our four man front. 2 weeks ago he was 1 on 1 with Kupp, and deflected the pass into a pick 6. Again you would want him at DE the majority of the time, but he does bring you some flexibility and creativity

If it were to happen I will definitely be excited. I’m just not sure he’s like a prime Khalil Mack who you would give up the farm for
[Reply]
O.city 07:58 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Brian Burns is not Micah Parsons. He's certainly not worth 2 first round picks.
I don't think there is another Micah Parsons, but the more I read and watch I do think Burns is in the class with TJ Watt
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:00 AM 10-27-2022
I don't think there is another Micah Parsons, but the more I read and watch I do think Burns is in the class with TJ Watt
uhhhh...I like Burns, I do, but I don't think so.

i think he's what Clark was supposed to be.

We're not where we were when we did the Clark deal.

I don't think we should do that sort of deal at this point in time. Certainly not trading multiple #1's.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:02 AM 10-27-2022
No. Just no.
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 10-27-2022
TJ has played on a stacked Pittsburgh defense with guys all around him. I do think he's really good, but i dont' put him in the class with Garrett and Von
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:07 AM 10-27-2022
TJ Watt averages - AVERAGES - 13 sacks a season and that includes his rookie year and this year where he's been hurt.

Brian Burns <<< TJ Watt
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up