ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 32
« First < 202627282930 3132 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30
staylor26 02:01 PM 03-11-2022
How would you feel about that?
[Reply]
Shoes 07:32 PM 11-13-2022
Watson maybe starting to figure it out? Flashed today for sure.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:22 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Watson maybe starting to figure it out? Flashed today for sure.
Rodgers gotta throw to someone, right? Best of luck to him and Watson.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:20 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Watson maybe starting to figure it out? Flashed today for sure.
I think there is a very compelling case to be made for NOT SKIPPING CAMP.

Especially with n00b receivers.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:34 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Watson maybe starting to figure it out? Flashed today for sure.
Very, very small sample size, but in watching the highlights during the Sportscenter w/ SVP last night, it looked like the defense wasn't being very physical with him. In those clips he wasn't being pressed at the LoS and he was running free from the snap.

Conversely, in the clips Kurt Warner showed in his QB school a couple weeks ago, all the GB receivers were being pressed and physically pushed around throughout their routes, in those clips.

Again, super small sample size, and I don't know if the DBs just weren't being physical last night in those few plays, but the difference was immediately apparent. Kurt will probably do another analysis of Aaron Rodgers this week so it will be interesting to see what really transpired.
[Reply]
Shoes 01:47 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Getting off of a jam can improve with good coaching, and being 6'4 with a long wingspan helps. He isn't going to see press coverage all the time, good scheme and coaching can try to limit those opportunities.
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Very, very small sample size, but in watching the highlights during the Sportscenter w/ SVP last night, it looked like the defense wasn't being very physical with him. In those clips he wasn't being pressed at the LoS and he was running free from the snap.

Conversely, in the clips Kurt Warner showed in his QB school a couple weeks ago, all the GB receivers were being pressed and physically pushed around throughout their routes, in those clips.

Again, super small sample size, and I don't know if the DBs just weren't being physical last night in those few plays, but the difference was immediately apparent. Kurt will probably do another analysis of Aaron Rodgers this week so it will be interesting to see what really transpired.
Counterpoint- I mentioned earlier in this thread that although Watson's ability to beat press coverage isn't great, that there are ways to scheme around that.

28-14, 4th and 7. Green Bay needs to convert, and this play happens:

Christian Watson needed this game SO badly.

So happy to see him play the way we've been expecting all season.pic.twitter.com/DNXK9sXXrI

— Eli Berkovits (@BookOfEli_NFL) November 14, 2022


You'll notice Dallas does press the top WR in the bunch formation but since Green Bay is in bunch, Dallas can't press Watson which gives him a free release. The rest is history as he torches the DB in coverage and out runs the safety who is in single high coverage. If you don't believe me, take a look at what Brett Kollmann said:

They dialed up a middle read concept on 4th and 7 with him as the primary and he housed it.

Rodgers trusted HIM to run it. Not Lazard, not Tonyan, not Watkins, not Toure.

He needed a play and said "go call me something for the 6'4 dude that runs like a deer". And they did.

— Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) November 14, 2022


It will be interesting to see if this big game can have a domino effect on his season. Confidence can absolutely make or break you, excited to see what he does rest of season.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:04 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Counterpoint- I mentioned earlier in this thread that although Watson's ability to beat press coverage isn't great, that there are ways to scheme around that.

28-14, 4th and 7. Green Bay needs to convert, and this play happens:



You'll notice Dallas does press the top WR in the bunch formation but since Green Bay is in bunch, Dallas can't press Watson which gives him a free release. The rest is history as he torches the DB in coverage and out runs the safety who is in single high coverage. If you don't believe me, take a look at what Brett Kollmann said:



It will be interesting to see if this big game can have a domino effect on his season. Confidence can absolutely make or break you, excited to see what he does rest of season.
A little confidence can be a huge difference maker, for certain.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:35 AM 11-15-2022
We'll have to see. He's still a guy I'd continue to press the fuck out of on the line and keep safety help over the top if he breaks it. He's only made plays when he's got a relatively free release. He's also dropped more than his share in similar situations. He has an enormous physical skill set if he does ever put it together.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:02 PM 11-17-2022
5 TDs in 4 days. Hes gonna be a good one
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:42 AM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
5 TDs in 4 days. Hes gonna be a good one
Remains to be seen.

Probably so. But there is a lot of tape to be booked on the kid. He adapts, learns, works on his weaknesses, he'll be good. But he could burn get figured out.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:54 AM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
5 TDs in 4 days. Hes gonna be a good one
What the fuck else do they have at this point?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:06 PM 11-18-2022
He demonstrated really good ball skills a couple times the last two games. It's that ' manufacturing yards' thing I was talking about elsewhere.

Any ol' swinging dick can catch a pass on the numbers in wide open space. Watson did a nice job adjusting to iffy passes or pulling in contested catches.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:19 PM 11-18-2022
Sometimes you just get guys wrong. That’s what makes the draft so intriguing. I didn’t like this kid very much either but he’s blossoming into a true #1 WR.

Remember Davante Adams wasn’t that good either when he was a rookie. He had drop problems but developed into an elite #1 WR.

This good looks to be on a similar projection.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:21 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sometimes you just get guys wrong. Thats what makes the draft so intriguing. I didnt like this kid very much either but hes blossoming into a true #1 WR.

Remember Davante Adams wasnt that good either when he was a rookie. He had drop problems but developed into an elite #1 WR.

This good looks to be on a similar projection.
He's been impressive, but pump the breaks a little dude.

He has however shown he has that kind of upside though.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:20 PM 11-18-2022
I liked him in the second round.
[Reply]
kcbubb 03:08 PM 11-19-2022
Haters gonna hate. I’m rooting for watson. I can’t stand rodgers though. I respect rodgers ability but as a person, he’s a turd. What I liked about watson is that he’s a solid young man and he’s a crazy athlete, not just straight line speed. The kid has special talent. And he seems to be different than a lot of young people today with his commitment and stability. He could have been a great long term investment for us but I think it worked out well for us to not draft him with us getting toney for cheap. I may regret those words if toney makes some bad choices off the field down the road. I don’t see watson as having that same off the field risk.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 32
« First < 202627282930 3132 >
Up