ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 171
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:13 AM 07-24-2022
Verification of authenticity or another level to the facade?

For anyone who still had any doubt that my brother is a dangerous psycho, please watch S1E2 of The Rehearsal, and see for yourself ☺️

— lite-skinned dy-no-mite (@Sall_Gud) July 23, 2022

[Reply]
Simply Red 05:21 AM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by markdis:
Intimacy on Netflix.
Have you seen Call of Booty: Black cocks II?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:41 AM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Verification of authenticity or another level to the facade?

Dude seemed to be a stoner/slacker with a sprinkling of autism. Not sure about psycho though.
[Reply]
Shag 08:30 PM 07-25-2022
Saw the recommendation for Rehearsal in this thread, which led me to Nathan For You on HBO, which is the same lead - it's absolutely killing me. Not a new show, but one of the most awkward shows I've seen, and fucking hilarious.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:06 AM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
Saw the recommendation for Rehearsal in this thread, which led me to Nathan For You on HBO, which is the same lead - it's absolutely killing me. Not a new show, but one of the most awkward shows I've seen, and fucking hilarious.
If you like the awkwardness of NfY but want a little more broad comedy, track down Review.

Andy Daly plays an emcee who takes audience recommendations to Review life experiences. Kind of like an Undercover Boss type show for circumstances in life with a little Larry Sanders Show behind the scenes comedic drama. And the humor comes from his commitment to the task and the effect it has on his real life.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:41 AM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Mythic Quest is back baby!!

Rewatching S1 to catch me back up, holds up well. Had forgotten that Caitlyn McGee [who now has a network sitcom with Eric 'Dumbass' Forman] was the basement-dwelling Media Relations chick. And man, the DQD storyline hits even harder with the Disney buyout narrative.

I think the best thing about it, on rewatch, is that it tackles SJW stuff while not sacrificing the comedy. Which is, it lets the SJW 'voices' look just as dumb, petty and clueless as the those they are 'fighting.' Tina Fey and Robert Carlock have done that in a lot of their work, and obviously the foundations with McElhenney in IASIP leans WAAY into it. Danny Pudi's Brad character is a great efficient sociopathic reminder that good intentions aren't unidirectional and often don't keep the lights on.

The creative team, McElhenny, Day, and Megan Ganz. Megan comes from Community and Modern Family, and you can see the fingerprints of keeping the bits coming to keep the narrative light.
Back Baby II - Electric Boogaloo

[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:16 PM 07-29-2022
two episodes into the new 'Resident Evil' series on Netflix.

Enjoying it. I've played nearly all of the games, so I'm keeping up mostly with characters.

Wesker is played by the guy in the Wire.......and he's a great actor
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:35 AM 07-30-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Lost it at Chinese Gunpowder. Ending was wholesome. We loved it.
Ah yes, the time honored tradition of squash harvest
Attached: Rehearsal.jpg (45.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:30 PM 07-30-2022
Turns out that he was not a night owl…….
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07-30-2022, 02:30 PM
This message has been deleted by Pepe Silvia.
Buehler445 09:39 PM 07-30-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Ah Sahm is the fucking shit.

The actor also was Storm Shadow in the Snake Eyes movie and was tight AF in that.
Right on. I haven't seen Snake Eyes. I might have to check it out.

I was really surprised how much I enjoyed the show, even this far out I still loved the shit out of it.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:51 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
You turned me onto Nathan for You. God bless. It’s hysterical.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:53 PM 07-31-2022
The first episode of The Rehearsal was incredible. We ended up going back and watching Nathan for You, which might be the funniest show I've seen since Its Always Sunny. Unfortunately, the last two episodes of The Rehearsal haven't been of the caliber I've been accustomed to from Nathan.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:58 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You turned me onto Nathan for You. God bless. It’s hysterical.
New frontiers in passive-aggression.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:03 PM 07-31-2022
Hilarious.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:18 PM 07-31-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Hilarious.

I'd like to thank Shag for posting that clip. . . :-)
[Reply]
Page 121 of 171
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131 > Last »
Up