ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 171
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:06 PM 05-13-2022
Originally Posted by blake5676:
I just started Gomorrah based on recommendations from this sub. I'm into it so far but have a question for watching it. Do you all watch the English dubbed version with shows like this or the original language? I can't do the dubbed version but the subtitles are difficult to read when watching in Italian. Is there some trick on HBO Max to getting a black box outlining the words? They blend into the background in all sorts of different scenes and its tough to read half the time.
I did dubbed. It didn’t bother me at all. If you ever watch Suburra: Blood on Rome ( which I highly recommend if you like Gomorra.) Also watched the dubbed version of that and didn’t bother me. But maybe, I mean definitely I’m weird.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:06 PM 05-13-2022
Orville coming back...

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:01 PM 05-14-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Ain't really feeling this season of Barry. Much too dark, lost about 75% of the humor, and the not-so-subtle theme of
Spoiler!
is beginning to run its course. Yes we get it Bill. No, I don't want to feel like a bad person for cheering on terrible characters.
Boy you weren’t kidding, it’s still an engaging show though. I mean you can’t expect Barry to have a happy ending right? Once you enter that life there is no getting out, you will always be sucked back in.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:22 AM 05-15-2022
Did any of you watch Marianne (English dubbed) (French Horror series) on Netflix? Episode one is the weakest - it just keeps getting better.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:05 AM 05-15-2022
...just binged 1883.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:20 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
...just binged 1883.
Was it as good as Yellowstone? My wife is dying to watch it. I’m trying to fit Queen of the South in first. Still working on The Fall now.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:14 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Anyone else watching Hulu's "Candy" starring Jessica Biel?

Limited series and i think the final episode drops tonight.

Pretty damn good. Might be the most engrossing series i've watched this year.
I'm about 3 episodes into this and its really well done.

There was a fucked up moment for me in episode one where there is a sticker on a car and a wall hanging in a home that I immediately recognized as a faith based marriage counseling type of thing.

I'm sure they get more into it in future episodes but I recognized it straight away from when I was a kid. My parents had that sticker on their car.

I hadn't seen or thought about it in 35 years and immediately identified it. Nothing like the conjuring of your parents marital issues while watching Sunday night TV. Very well done research for the time period.

Anyway, this and Under the Banner of Heaven have been really solid Hulu programming.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:22 AM 05-17-2022
Bill Hader's Barry, is just killin me with all the references to Joplin .
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:54 AM 05-21-2022
anyone watch Marianne yet? ANYONE?!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:14 AM 05-21-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Was it as good as Yellowstone? My wife is dying to watch it. I’m trying to fit Queen of the South in first. Still working on The Fall now.
Depending on your taste, I'd estimate it's well superior to Yellowstone.

Yellowstone is pulpy and soapy and about present day power and politics with all that skin and violence. It's decent enough.

But if you like beautiful vistas and hardscrabble toil to traverse a frontier, 1883 is better visually and narratively.

It's a contained narrative fully told from beginning to end in 10 episodes. It doesn't have to worry about stringing you along to the next episode or next season.

And there are some great thespian performances.

I don't want to spoil it with overexplaining or oversharing, but it's beautiful and gritty and violent and uplifting and nostalgic, . . . if those are things you're looking for in a limited series.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:29 AM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Depending on your taste, I'd estimate it's well superior to Yellowstone.

Yellowstone is pulpy and soapy and about present day power and politics with all that skin and violence. It's decent enough.

But if you like beautiful vistas and hardscrabble toil to traverse a frontier, 1883 is better visually and narratively.

It's a contained narrative fully told from beginning to end in 10 episodes. It doesn't have to worry about stringing you along to the next episode or next season.

And there are some great thespian performances.

I don't want to spoil it with overexplaining or oversharing, but it's beautiful and gritty and violent and uplifting and nostalgic, . . . if those are things you're looking for in a limited series.
Well. I’m sold. Thanks BL!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:41 AM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Well. I’m sold. Thanks BL!
I meant to add, you can pick your way through the Yellowstone thread in this subforum for some contemporary reactions. Whether pre-viewing on contemporaneous with your own viewing.

It kind of got adopted as 'the 1883 thread' while it was airing.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:14 PM 05-22-2022
The guys wanted to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and try ALL THE SAUCES.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:23 PM 05-22-2022
Anyone given Outer Range a shot, yet? I'm two episodes in, and I've already reached the WTF place. Josh Brolin is a very underrated performer and pulls off the surly rancher persona perfectly.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:39 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Anyone given Outer Range a shot, yet? I'm two episodes in, and I've already reached the WTF place. Josh Brolin is a very underrated performer and pulls off the surly rancher persona perfectly.
Just started last night. I'll watch more after episode 1.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 171
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164 > Last »
Up