ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>PFF 2023 Mock Draft
KChiefs1 10:30 AM 11-16-2022

[Reply]
JPH83 03:16 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Man, I dunno about that one. Not too many guys think he's a 1st round prospect right now. Maybe fringe 2nd based on what I'm seeing. It's early yet though.

What I don't like? His pecker pole legs like ****ing Niang.

I'm all in on a move up for Jaelyn Duncan. One needs to dream.
I haven't seen many people higher on Duncan than Harrison to be fair, maybe I'm missing those analysts though.

I think I'm alone but I honestly think that Fashanu dude could be a late 1st. Might not have the power but a super smooth and easy mover. Those are the OTs I want.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:21 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think they're low on him, for sure.

But they seem to have him as more a product of volume in pass rushing opportunities than they do a purely dominant player.

And it's hard to say ND has faced a real tough schedule this season (I'd say a slightly above average one) or that he's really stood out when they have played top notch teams.

If you're in love with the guy, it's more based on his projectability. Guy is a specimen; great length, great frame and outstanding athleticism w/ the build to add functional strength.

But PFF isn't considering that as much as they should; they're busy drooling over Tyree Wilson's 50 total pressures over the same number as pass rush snaps as Foskey managed 28 in. Or Nolan Smith's 19 in fewer than half as many combined with UGA's schedule coming out of the SEC.

I agree that they're too dogmatic - but that's almost certainly how we get there. It's just not how the NFL views things so typically I don't put much weight in their mocks apart from just giving me some additional names to look into.
They were VERY high on the Chiefs last draft. I'd agree they do find somr names early it seems. In some cases though I think they actually do project some of the toolsy guys with little production.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:40 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I haven't seen many people higher on Duncan than Harrison to be fair, maybe I'm missing those analysts though.

I think I'm alone but I honestly think that Fashanu dude could be a late 1st. Might not have the power but a super smooth and easy mover. Those are the OTs I want.
Huddle Report... I like them because their boards end up fairly on point, had Duncan as the 17th overall prospect and didn't have Harrison in the top 100 upon first release.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:01 PM 11-16-2022
Huddle Report... I like them because their boards end up fairly on point, had Duncan as the 17th overall prospect and didn't have Harrison in the top 100 upon first release.
Ah cool, thanks, I'd not seen
[Reply]
kccrow 04:15 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Ah cool, thanks, I'd not seen
No problem.

I forgot to mention that Fashanu looks like he's going to be a stud. The only issue right now is his lack of overall experience and the fact he's a redshirt Sophomore. It'll be interesting to see if he declares.

Broderick Jones of GA is another one that's only a RSO with similar experience... Those two guys could drastically change the draft if they do declare.

Both could end up 1st round guys.

Duncan brought up a guy I had in my early mock, Matt Bergeron, who has really risen of late. I like that kid a lot. He could probably play either side.

Ryan Hayes from Michigan has also been rising and he's fairly athletic.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:56 PM 11-16-2022
The primary talent this draft have been very underwhelming
[Reply]
kccrow 06:23 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The primary talent this draft have been very underwhelming
I really don't think so.

The one player I think is being severely overrated though is Bryan Bressee. I don't even know if I see 1st rounder with him, much less top 10.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:36 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm just not moving up for anything but a QB. I don't think it ever works in the team that trades ups favor.
I'd argue Atlanta trading all the way up for Julio Jones was a good trade.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:43 PM 11-16-2022
I know he's not draft eligible, but I'd give a nut up for Marvin Harrison Jr.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:34 PM 11-16-2022
I really don't think so.

The one player I think is being severely overrated though is Bryan Bressee. I don't even know if I see 1st rounder with him, much less top 10.
Stroud & Young are very good (top 5 picks) but Levi is a choke artist

Carter has been injured most of the season,Ringo has an injury issue too.

Will Anderson's must use his Sophmore season as his selling point. The buzz he was getting and the talent around him some believed he would break Derrick Thomas' single season sack record. He's had a good season but not a prolific one like some were projecting
[Reply]
Dull Tools 04:00 AM 11-17-2022
Not sure how everyone else has it, but from what I have heard there is not many elite Edges in this class but there is a lot of depth in the class between 20 and 100.

Sounds good for us if we could pick up 2 in the first 3 rounds.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:59 PM 11-17-2022
No problem.

I forgot to mention that Fashanu looks like he's going to be a stud. The only issue right now is his lack of overall experience and the fact he's a redshirt Sophomore. It'll be interesting to see if he declares.

Broderick Jones of GA is another one that's only a RSO with similar experience... Those two guys could drastically change the draft if they do declare.

Both could end up 1st round guys.

Duncan brought up a guy I had in my early mock, Matt Bergeron, who has really risen of late. I like that kid a lot. He could probably play either side.

Ryan Hayes from Michigan has also been rising and he's fairly athletic.
Where do you think ZPF is at this point?

I know he had the Achilles' before 21 and didn't look the same last year, and is PT is down this year in a new scheme.

Think there's any chance he pushes himself back into the first round? He's an awfully tantalizing pick for me at the end of the second, where he's currently slotted by most.

It doesn't seem like he forever lost athleticism/explosion, more that he has fallen out of favor in Washington.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:07 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Where do you think ZPF is at this point?

I know he had the Achilles' before 21 and didn't look the same last year, and is PT is down this year in a new scheme.

Think there's any chance he pushes himself back into the first round? He's an awfully tantalizing pick for me at the end of the second, where he's currently slotted by most.

It doesn't seem like he forever lost athleticism/explosion, more that he has fallen out of favor in Washington.
I don't rightly know to be honest. I think he hasn't lost it but he hasn't fully gotten back to snuff either. I mean, a late 3rd to me isn't that bad of a spot. Alot of time to see how the kid runs and works out too. I'm not sure if he's fallen out of favor if it's more the staff wants to keep him in a rotational role off the bench this year. It's a mystery.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:33 PM 11-17-2022
I don't rightly know to be honest. I think he hasn't lost it but he hasn't fully gotten back to snuff either. I mean, a late 3rd to me isn't that bad of a spot. Alot of time to see how the kid runs and works out too. I'm not sure if he's fallen out of favor if it's more the staff wants to keep him in a rotational role off the bench this year. It's a mystery.
I know he's still down about 30 pounds. Will be interesting to see what size/weight he shows up at for the Combine, if he goes pro.

In 2020, he was playing at 280 and moving like a 250 pound guy. Now he's just playing as a 250 pound guy, but still moving about the same.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up