ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The future is hard to believe.
Direckshun 08:44 PM 10-23-2022
Look at this roster for 2023. It's fucking madness.

QB: Mahomes, Buechele (RFA)
RB: Pacheco, McKinnon (easy re-sign), Edwards-Helaire
FB: Burton (easy re-sign)

WR: Valdez-Scantling, Moore, Watson (easy re-sign), Ross
TE: Kelce, Gray, Fortson (RFA)

LT: ???, Wanogho (RFA)
LG: Thuney, Wylie (easy re-sign)
C: Humphrey
RG: Smith, Wylie (easy re-sign)
RT: Niang, Wanogho (RFA)

DE: Danna, Kaindoh
DT: Jones, Wharton (RFA)
DT: ???
DE: Karlaftis,

WLB: Gay
MLB: Bolton, Chenal
SLB: Chenal, Cochrane (RFA)

CB: Sneed, McDuffie, Watson, Williams, Johnson
S: Reid, Cook, Bush (easy re-sign)

K: Butker
P: Townsend (RFA)
LS: Winchester

2023 Cap space: $45m with a Frank Clark cut, and even more with a Mahomes re-structure
2023 Draft picks: 12: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd (Poles), 4th, 4th (Hill), 5th, 6th, 6th (Hill), 6th (Ingram), 7th, 7th (Reed)

Key FA decisions to make:

LT Orlando Brown, Jr.: will he bring his price down?, will they franchise him again? might they actually tag-and-trade?
FS Juan Thornhill: a talented, sub-Pro Bowl player; obvious re-sign
WR JuJu Smith-Schuster: seems like an obvious re-sign, price shouldn't be too bad
WR Mecole Hardman: he either signs a one-year prove-it or he walks
DT Khalen Saunders: he either signs a one-year prove-it or he walks
RB Jerick McKinnon: a must re-sign and should be cheap

They make a splash somewhere at DL in free agency. I think the Chiefs make the deals with Thornhill and JuJu. The Chiefs likely burn a 1st round pick (and goodies for a trade-up) to help fix the tackle situation if they need a LT, or they spend that 1st on the best DL they can get their mitts on if Brown comes to his senses and burns a 2nd day pick on RT.

They will draft a WR high, they may sniff out a top-end talent at RB somewhere for a steal, and then they just add depth in the trenches.

This team may win a Super Bowl this year. They shed Tyreek Hill, the best WR in the NFL, and still got better on offense. And they're going to have ungodly cap space, a dozen picks to stock this roster.

It's going to be absolutely disgusting how good this team is going to be next year, and for the foreseeable future. The Chiefs are in transition this year and still may win it all. If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl this year, we may legit be talking threepeat.

They're going to be that good.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 10:33 PM 12-30-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Jalin Hyatt

Man would I LOVE him on the Chiefs

One of the knocks I saw on Hyatt all year was that there’s not a lot of tape on how good of a route runner he is or can he win a contested ball because he hasn’t really had to. He just blows by everyone

It's like the anti-Drake London.
I found myself watching a lot of Vol’s football this year. Reallllly fun team.

Obviously WR isn’t on the top of my list, but if he makes it to us I would be all over it. Another comparison that I kind of get. Poor man’s Jameson Williams… who if rumors were true.. Veach was infatuated with

If we were to take Hyatt, MVS is obviously out. Which I’d be all about. I’ve never had less faith in one of our guys bringing in a target than I am with him. And that’s including Demarcus Robinson
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up