Zay Flowers, Boston College

EDGE:

Keion White, Georgia Tech
Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas St.
Will McDonald IV, Iowa St.
B.J. Ojulari, LSU

DT:

Mazi Smith, Michigan

As it stands right now, feel pretty confident that our first round pick will be one of these guys.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:11 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Mel Kiper has us taking Anudike-Uzomah in his latest mock draft.

Kiper wanted to put him on the list somewhere....what the hell?
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 03-27-2023
If Darnell Wright is on the board at 31.....I find it very tough and unlikely for them not to pick him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:00 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
If Darnell Wright is on the board at 31.....I find it very tough and unlikely for them not to pick him.
Not sure the validity of it but they've now visited with him twice.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:33 AM 03-27-2023
Yup. Best option at tackle. He’s not gonna make it to us unfortunately

Tennessee RT Darnell Wright is in KC. Team visit with the Chiefs? pic.twitter.com/e4EncLesrB

— Billy M (@BillyM_91) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
staylor26 10:38 AM 03-27-2023
Yea, I don't see the Steelers passing on Wright. He's a perfect fit there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:41 AM 03-27-2023
I think he might.

Many teams don't have him as a LT long-term and it's not often you see teams taking RTs in the 1st. I can't imagine anyone in the top 20 would, anyway. You've gotta think the Chargers would go WR over RT, likewise with the Giants. The Ravens might be an option. Vikings and Jags are probably looking at help on defense. The Saints are way too far away to bother with a RT there. I don't imagine the Eagles would use a 1st on a RT when they're in a window to win a championship and have Lane Johnson.

So Ravens and Bills? Maybe the Bengals if they deal Jonah Williams?

I dunno - it's certainly not definite. Especially if someone like Harrison slipped into the 20s a bit and Cincy or Buffalo preferred his athleticism and potential in pass pro or at LT long-term. Or Buffalo decides to go elsewhere and ride with Spencer Brown/David Quessenberry again.

He could absolutely make it to 31.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, I don't see the Steelers passing on Wright. He's a perfect fit there.
They'd have to believe he can play LT, then. And yeah, he very well might be able to.

But I don't think they'll take him at 17 if they aren't confident in that. I wonder if they wouldn't trade down into the mid-late 20s and try to get him, though.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:45 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They'd have to believe he can play LT, then. And yeah, he very well might be able to.

But I don't think they'll take him at 17 if they aren't confident in that. I wonder if they wouldn't trade down into the mid-late 20s and try to get him, though.
I agree with Staylor that he seems like a perfect fit for them. However if he does fall to around 25 I’d trade up to leap frog the Bengals to get him.

I think he’s gonna be that good
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:47 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I agree with Staylor that he seems like a perfect fit for them. However if he does fall to around 25 I’d trade up to leap frog the Bengals to get him.

I think he’s gonna be that good
It sure would be a load off, wouldn't it?

It's why I kinda keep circling back to an OT in the first if Wright or Harrison are available. Just locking those bookends in place for 4 years after the last couple years of hand-wringing would sure level the wings a bit.
[Reply]
O.city 10:57 AM 03-27-2023
You gotta figure you're gonna be losing both guards in the next year or two.

You could keep Creed and surround your two new guards with good C's and T's and that should be fine?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:41 AM 03-27-2023

It's why I kinda keep circling back to an OT in the first if Wright or Harrison are available. Just locking those bookends in place for 4 years after the last couple years of hand-wringing would sure level the wings a bit.
You look at someone like Russell Wilson and see his body starting to break. The injuries are piling up for him.

Solidifying the OL should be priority numero uno after your QB has had a knee issue, toe issue and ankle issue in 3/5 years starting
[Reply]
JPH83 12:05 PM 03-27-2023

I hate losing out on a 1sr round DE when it feels a deep year, but yeah, I'm kinda thinking the same. If Harrison is there then it's hard to pass. Wright I dunno, might take my chances later on or try and move up in the 2nd. I REALLY wanted to like this year's WR because man I want to find weapons, but sometimes you've got to take what you're given. I'm probably looking at WR from the 3rd pick.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:07 PM 03-27-2023
If you run mocks and honestly just watch how it plays it time and time again, if the Chiefs aren't going WR in the 1st round people are going to be disappointed with that position.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:10 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you run mocks and honestly just watch how it plays it time and time again, if the Chiefs aren't going WR in the 1st round people are going to be disappointed with that position.
Probably, but who cares?

I don't want the Chiefs to draft for need. They can get a WR on day 2.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:13 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Probably, but who cares?

I don't want the Chiefs to draft for need. They can get a WR on day 2.
Yea but it really falls off, basically after Jaylin Hyatt there is a pretty large dropoff in the talent level of those guys.

Like I don't think AT Perry or Johnathan Mingo are day 1 contributors because they don't come from pro friendly schemes.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Up