« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
ModSocks 05:24 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
Sometimes even the most well reasoned predictions don't pan out
Well....i'd argue that they weren't that well reasoned to begin with...but not trying to beat a dead horse here.

Four games is a reasonable starting sample size, and thus far its looking like at least some of that initial optimism wasn't warranted... frankly at this point, even acquiring Hardman for a diet coke would be a huge win
After 4 games, i think they're kinda...well, who they've demonstrated they've always been. Though i had hoped Moore could at least get open in small windows. Even as a career "Moore hater", i didn't think he'd get bullied by physical DB's as much as he has. But even in my optimism for Moore i was always 50/50 on that ever panning out.

And in saying that, i still think it's way too early to just jump ship and start asking to trade for Mecole Hardman etc.

This is the group that we decided on for better or worse. Well, now you gotta at least give them enough rope to hang themselves with and see this all the way through.

In reality, it's not all that different from last season. We had this problem last year too. Hence all the 3TE sets etc.

I guess the bigger surprise to me is that Rice hasn't earned a larger role yet.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:30 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I saw someone say that last week too, "He dropped it".

He didn't drop it. The defender made a great rip on the ball to knock it out of his hands.

I was promised some shit about Justyn Ross and i'm patiently waiting for the 2nd half of the season to see if those checks are gonna get cashed.

But i'm a big believer in young, talented guys flashing early and often if they are in fact young talented guys.

It took ONE game for Toney to jump off the screen.

TRULY gifted players typically show it right away. If a player doesn't, it doesn't mean they won't turn into good players down the road, but we can probably scratch them off the "Super star potential" list.
First round talent...
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:37 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Well....i'd argue that they weren't that well reasoned to begin with...but not trying to beat a dead horse here.

After 4 games, i think they're kinda...well, who they've demonstrated they've always been. Though i had hoped Moore could at least get open in small windows. Even as a career "Moore hater", i didn't think he'd get bullied by physical DB's as much as he has. But even in my optimism for Moore i was always 50/50 on that ever panning out.

And in saying that, i still think it's way too early to just jump ship and start asking to trade for Mecole Hardman etc.

This is the group that we decided on for better or worse. Well, now you gotta at least give them enough rope to hang themselves with and see this all the way through.

In reality, it's not all that different from last season. We had this problem last year too. Hence all the 3TE sets etc.

I guess the bigger surprise to me is that Rice hasn't earned a larger role yet.
Never got too far in front of my ski's on Moore, but I definitely expected more than this after his productive SB showing... it looked like he was getting it at just the right time

But we disagree on Hardman, I'd take that guy back with loving arms right about now... Mahomes is somewhat kneecapped without that kind of speed at his disposal

For all of his faults, Hardman was twice the player Moore is... at least to this point
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:37 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
First round talent...
I'm tryna play nice, man...
[Reply]
Bump 05:38 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - I'm sure they had Sauce Gardner following Skyy Moore.

That checks out...
well they never really tried to throw his way
[Reply]
Bump 05:39 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Jets actually don't move their CBs so you could lineup Jackdick mc shit **** on the side Gardner is on and that's who he's covering.
that's what I was wondering, a lot of CB's play one side. Some line up against their best WR no matter what. I didn't know with the Jets and Sauce.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:39 PM 10-02-2023
Never got too far in front of my ski's on Moore, but I definitely expected more than this after his productive SB showing... it looked like he was getting it at just the right time

But we disagree on Hardman, I'd take that guy back with loving arms right about now... Mahomes is somewhat kneecapped without that kind of speed at his disposal

For all of his faults, Hardman was twice the player Moore is... at least to this point
Hey, i loved me some Hardman. I was a Hardman defender from day 1, despite after 2 seasons realizing that he's never gonna be "Him". But that didn't mean Hardman didn't have value.

But the Chiefs have moved on. It's time to just let these current guys sink or swim.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:45 PM 10-02-2023

Skyy Moore has now played in 20 regular games for the Chiefs. He doesn't have a catch in 8 of them.

— Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) October 2, 2023

T minus how many games until Ross leapfrogs his snaps 2022 Pacheco style?

A lot of people brought up the CEH comparisons. While that's a concern, if his role is reduced to a less effective Micole gadget player that's vastly preferable to the 0 catch 0 yard statlines we're seeing in uh, nearly half of his games so far.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:49 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

T minus how many games until Ross leapfrogs his snaps 2022 Pacheco style?

A lot of people brought up the CEH comparisons. While that's a concern, if his role is reduced to a less effective Micole gadget player that's vastly preferable to the 0 catch 0 yard statlines we're seeing in uh, nearly half of his games so far.
0 catches, zero yards on 59% of the snaps....that can't continue.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:07 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
They've moved Rice along quickly.

Kinda puts to bed the whole "rookies don't play etc" stuff, no?
Not at all. He's only been on the field more because Toney is hurt and playing very little and Richie James is hurt and not playing. I'd much rather Rice be out there playing, but his recent up tick in usage is due to our #1 WR being injured all the time and our #4 guy being injured the last couple of weeks. Rice is behind Toney, Moore, MVS, James, and Watson. Moore, MVS, and Watson are all healthy and got more snaps than Rice on Sunday.

Watson - 43 snaps/61%
Moore - 41 snaps/59%
MVS - 38 snaps/54%
Rice - 32 snaps/46%
Toney - 17 snaps/24% (Hurt)

Once Toney maybe, hopefully gets healthy (doubtful) and James gets back to being healthy, then Rice will likely see more like 15%-25% of snaps. I hope it's not the case, because I think it's pretty clear that right now he's our best WR. He'll have some frustrating drops, but he will probably make up for it.

Hell Rice is our best WR when it comes to getting a 1st down.

Rice - 8
Watson - 5
Moore - 5
Toney - 4
MVS - 4
James - 0
Ross - 0

I think Rice is going to be a baller.
[Reply]
O.city 07:58 AM 10-03-2023
I agree. Get him out there and get him the ball.

I hate the whole "sit and learn" shit. You learn by doing.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:24 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I agree. Get him out there and get him the ball.

I hate the whole "sit and learn" shit. You learn by doing.
You should probably tell Andy. Unbelievable that he's doing the wrong thing here.
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You should probably tell Andy. Unbelievable that he's doing the wrong thing here.
Yes, he clearly is infallible.

I've sent multiple emails.
[Reply]
O.city 08:31 AM 10-03-2023
This is also such a bullshit response. What's the point of even being here discussing anything if that's your response? If whatever they do is correct and not worth discussing.....what's our purpose here?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:33 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Oh stuff it, jesus christ.

One can disagree with the regime on a chatboard, ace.

Or should we also keep sending Skyy Moore out there for 75% of the routes and using Clyde Edwards Helaire on outside zone runs?
[Reply]
Page 228 of 280
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278 > Last »
Up