ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
kccrow 08:21 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
It's socially acceptable for ladies to wear hats indoors. It was pretty much manadtory for women to wear some kind of head covering, normally a veil, during Mass until the early 80s.
Yep.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:26 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
As a kid it was, “May I please be excused?”
Boy, there's something I haven't thought about in decades. Definitely had to ask to be excused, at least when I was younger.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:35 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Boy, there's something I haven't thought about in decades. Definitely had to ask to be excused, at least when I was younger.
Yep. And once permission was granted it was thanking mom for dinner, carrying my plate to the kitchen and then helping clear the rest of the table.

All of those old fashioned and outed manners and shit…
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:37 PM 08-01-2021
Having to take my hat off at random times/places so as to not possibly offend some snowflake is the main reason I hardly ever wear a hat.
[Reply]
eDave 08:40 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Having to take my hat off at random times/places so as to not possibly offend some snowflake is the main reason I hardly ever wear a hat.
Bad hair situation only.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:44 PM 08-01-2021
If I'm in public. In my own home you can kiss my ass. Ask my former MIL.
[Reply]
Jenson71 09:09 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Adults get on airplanes in pajamas.
Although I don't wear pajamas, I've worn khaki shorts on airplanes. And I get grief from my travel companions, who dress in either nice looking slacks/trousers or nice jeans.

I'm in favor of the casual airplane dress. Flying is uncomfortable in so many ways, let us have at least the comfort of clothing to make it slightly more bearable.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:23 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Although I don't wear pajamas, I've worn khaki shorts on airplanes. And I get grief from my travel companions, who dress in either nice looking slacks/trousers or nice jeans.

I'm in favor of the casual airplane dress. Flying is uncomfortable in so many ways, let us have at least the comfort of clothing to make it slightly more bearable.
That's just weird (the criticism, not the khaki shorts)... not that it matters if you wear ripped up jorts, but I'd say "at least you're not wearing ripped up jorts".

I've had to dress up for a flight at time or two because it was straight to work after landing and it sucks. I always prefer shorts and a t-shirt when flying or else it gets hot on the plane.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:34 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Jenson71:

Like anybody wearing "nice jeans" should criticize somebody for wearing "nice shorts." :-)

While I'd never wear sweats or pajamas, there's nothing wrong with wearing shorts. Especially considering what a miserable experience flying is now. You should at least be comfortable.
[Reply]
eDave 09:45 PM 08-01-2021
Like anybody wearing "nice jeans" should criticize somebody for wearing "nice shorts." :-)

While I'd never wear sweats or pajamas, there's nothing wrong with wearing shorts. Especially considering what a miserable experience flying is now. You should at least be comfortable.
When we used our standby passes as TWA employees, we were required to wear a tie. Sometimes we'd have to wait long ass times in an airport to catch an open flight. That sucked.

When we moved to Saudi Arabia for TWA, us kids would return from boarding school in the states and catch a nonstop from Chicago to Jeddah on Saudia Airlines (via TWA). It was a 13 hour flight. They put us all in first class and we all wore basically PJ's and had at a minimum 2 pillows each. And we got DRUNK on champagne and full of lobster. Awesome slumber party.

So much fun.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:54 PM 08-01-2021
Relevant reddit thread...

[Reply]
eDave 09:57 PM 08-01-2021
Guy in the suit looks like Bob Ashcroft.
[Reply]
Spott 07:04 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Relevant reddit thread...

The kid in the second row likes movies about gladiators.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:35 AM 08-02-2021
Veterans can leave their hats on and salute during the playing of the National Anthem. I prefer to do this. I also stand at rigid attention and don't say a word (well, except "Chiefs!").
I've really never understood how so many can have rules about the National Anthem and then justify yelling out "CHIEFS!" at the same time
[Reply]
Frazod 02:45 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I've really never understood how so many can have rules about the National Anthem and then justify yelling out "CHIEFS!" at the same time
I can't justify it. If it was something fans of another team did it would probably offend me. But it isn't, and it doesn't. Does that make me a bit of a hypocrite? Yep. Oh well.

I figure after six years in Navy if I want to yell CHIEFS! at the end of the National Anthem I've earned the right.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Up