ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 172
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Dayze 10:47 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Sure. Like you said, warm air isn't as dense so your engine runs just a touch richer.
still haven't had the time to go through to check for exhaust leaks.
I think it's supposed to rain the next few days so maybe I'll go through and tighten up the slip-ons, and tighten up the header pipe at the flange.

so odd that it just started doing it recently; whih sort of makes me think there's a leak.
Stay tuned......:-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:11 AM 05-28-2014
I love my RR it's so much fun to ride..love going into town and all the kids and women looking..best part is driving through Truman State University..dirty college girls
[Reply]
Dayze 11:25 AM 05-28-2014
I had a ZX6R (R.I.P), then got the CBR. LOVED it by comparison. Seemed so much more stable; predictable power; better front end feel. The ZX was a beast, but had 'surprises' in the power band.

:-) "dirty college girls"
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:32 AM 05-28-2014
I love how the power band is..smooth and plenty to get you up and moving very quickly..it handles really good..front end is planted..I like the way it feels like I sit in the bike and can control it..biggest selling point for me was the control..you can add more power but having a stable platform to build off of is a big deal for me
[Reply]
Dayze 11:34 AM 05-28-2014
Yep; pretty much my take 100%
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:01 PM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
The ZX was a beast, but had 'surprises' in the power band.
That's what I always liked about my ZX9, it's got a power band like a two stroke.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 12:09 PM 05-28-2014
That's what I always liked about my ZX9, it's got a power band like a two stroke.
I always loved riding 2 stroke bikes..that sound and the hit it gives whenever it gets into the power band is amazing
[Reply]
Dayze 12:15 PM 05-28-2014
I had a lot of 'pucker' instances while leaned over accelerating through the apex while in the meat, and got a goose of unexpected power lol.

"oh shit!............ok, I'm cool" (as my hear rate jumped by 30BPM)
[Reply]
Dayze 08:38 AM 05-30-2014
Investigating the popping issue, I've found multiple comments / solutions / troubleshooting etc on vairious forums. here are a few
Is the header pipe sitting square in the exhaust pocket? Sometimes it appears they are when they aren’t. You can verify this kind of exhaust leak by looking for carbon trails[/LIST]
:-) Pretty much what I was thinking in general. also the bold is an old habbit from the sportbike days to keep it in the meat and match RPMs when downshifting.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:55 AM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by mac459:
I always loved riding 2 stroke bikes..that sound and the hit it gives whenever it gets into the power band is amazing
I miss two strokes, they were so much fun. Dirty, smelly, raw fun. :-)
Certainly changed the sound of motocross too, went from a track that sounded like a jar of bees to one that sounds like a bunch of wet farts.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:33 PM 05-31-2014
Shameless Bump;

anyone doing th Cassoday, KS run tomorrow?

I'm highly considering it, but might be going solo since my brother is occupied with his son's baseball tourney tomorrow.

If anyone is going, let me know and maybe we could meet up. Not sure what time I'm going, if I'm going. but it'll be early since the 'meat' of the run is from about 9-1030 in Cassoday and last time I went it took about 2.5-3hrs. though, we were with a large group with quite a few stops.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:04 AM 06-05-2014
I figured I'd post this in case anyone hasn't heard of it and is interested; or, if they have heard of it and want the latest news.

Ride For The Wounded
http://arideforthewounded.org/

The 2014 Ride for the Wounded will take place on July 12th, 2014 Downtown Leavenworth KS. Show Support for Our Service Men and Women!

This annual charity motorcycle ride will benefit Wreaths Across America.

Day of ride festivities:

7am-11am Pancake Breakfast at the - Cost $7.

9 am-11:45 am Sponsors, Vendors, Music, 50/50 Raffle and Onsite Registration

Kickstands up at 12:00!!!

The ride will be approximately 100 miles and finishes at V.F.W. Post 56 in Leavenworth.

After the ride, fun continues with live music, 50/50 Raffle, Prize Giveaways, Ticket Auction and Bike Wash.

100% of the proceeds from the ride will benefit Wreaths Across America of Ft. Leavenworth.

Pre-registration is $35 per bike and in includes one official t-shirt.

Additional pre-registration shirts are $15.00 each.

You can register on line or at any event we attend. If you would like to host a pre-registration party please contact us.

Check the website or www.facebook.com/rideforthewounded for pre-registration sites, dates and times.

Please note: Pre-registration Ends June 27th, 2014!

*Day Of Registration Is $35 per Bike Without T-Shirt.*

T-Shirts will be available for purchase or order on the day of the ride.

For questions or additional details, send an email or call Steven at (913)306-1118
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:49 AM 06-05-2014
So I was sitting here doing paperwork and got to thinking that I would like to get out and ride sometime with a group and was thinking it would be cool to get some of the CP guys together..I'm new here and haven't met anyone so it was just an idea and didn't know if anyone would like to do that or not
[Reply]
Lzen 09:56 AM 06-05-2014
I was planning on doing a OKC and back up route 66 ride this weekend. But that may have to be postponed with the thunderstorms they are predicting.

Dayze, I didn't see this post last weekend. But I was smoking ribs and brisket all day on Sunday so that would not have worked for me. I will probably do that Cassidy ride one of these days.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:05 AM 06-05-2014
Originally Posted by mac459:
So I was sitting here doing paperwork and got to thinking that I would like to get out and ride sometime with a group and was thinking it would be cool to get some of the CP guys together..I'm new here and haven't met anyone so it was just an idea and didn't know if anyone would like to do that or not
Post it in this thread; give about a days notice and you might find some folks. I'm usually always down for a ride :-). Zeke, his wife and I hooked up for a bike night at Gails.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 172
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Up