ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 164 of 172
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Monty 05:47 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
A few days after my last post I went with my wife to sit on some bikes to see what she fit, and ended up trading my extra softail for a 2017 Sportster 883 for her. Its rejuvenated my will to ride a bit and now two weekends in a row its been nice enough to get a little therapy on two wheels~ I have put more miles on my springer in the last two weeks than I did my FI softail in the 2 prior years.

Anybody else get out ?
No, seal is leaking in my water pump, so getting that fixed. Just replaced the alternator last fall, so I’m hoping my 14 year old Goldwing is ready to ride worry free again in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait to take it to the Black Hills this summer.

Great bikes btw! :-)
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:07 AM 03-29-2021
Bought a CBR300r this summer. Nice that the weather's cooling down now
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:24 AM 03-29-2021
Yeah my starter shit on my 01 Road King, so I got one ordered and hopefully will get it replaced so I can get the old girl out.

Side note, if anyone is interested in a 2001 Road King Classic, the old girl will be for sale after the starter gets replaced.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:38 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
Yeah my starter shit on my 01 Road King, so I got one ordered and hopefully will get it replaced so I can get the old girl out.

Side note, if anyone is interested in a 2001 Road King Classic, the old girl will be for sale after the starter gets replaced.
Know the feeling!

I've got an overcharging problem, pushing 15.1 at 1500 rpm.
[Reply]
stanleychief 05:40 PM 04-19-2021
I'm planning a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway in early June. We are leaving KC, going to a wedding in Hermann, and from there want to take a couple of weeks and spend some time in the hills. Has anyone done a similar trip?

I want to hit up some distilleries along the way, so planning on going to Buffalo Trace in Frankfurt, then shooting over to the northern end of the parkway (either via Staunton or Lexington VA) and working my way south and then back to KC. I'd like to see Ashville, NC and ride the Tail of the Dragon on the way back.

I've got a rough idea of how the days are going to split out. I'll have the misses with me riding 2up, so not sure how much endurance she's going to have. I'm hoping to keep it light (under 300 miles a day). Are there any places that I should definitely see or skip along the way? I'm thinking of doing all interstate from St. Louis to Lexington VA, unless there's something fantastic along the way.

My current itinerary is something like:
Day 0: Kansas City to Hermann -> 188 miles
Day 1: Hermann, MO to Evansville, IN -> 244 miles
Day 2: Evansville, IN to Morehead, KY -> 258 miles
Day 3: Morehead, KY to Staunton, VA -> 332 miles

Day 4-9: Blue Ridge Pkwy to Ashville, NC -> ~500 miles

Day 10: Ashville, NC to Chattanooga, TN -> 230 miles (via Deals Gap)
Day 11: Chattanooga, TN to Memphis, TN -> 316 miles
Day 12: Memphis, TN to Eureka Springs, AR -> 288 miles
Day 13: Eureka Springs, AR to Kansas city, MO -> 228 miles
[Reply]
Dayze 06:55 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
I'm planning a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway in early June. We are leaving KC, going to a wedding in Hermann, and from there want to take a couple of weeks and spend some time in the hills. Has anyone done a similar trip?

I want to hit up some distilleries along the way, so planning on going to Buffalo Trace in Frankfurt, then shooting over to the northern end of the parkway (either via Staunton or Lexington VA) and working my way south and then back to KC. I'd like to see Ashville, NC and ride the Tail of the Dragon on the way back.

I've got a rough idea of how the days are going to split out. I'll have the misses with me riding 2up, so not sure how much endurance she's going to have. I'm hoping to keep it light (under 300 miles a day). Are there any places that I should definitely see or skip along the way? I'm thinking of doing all interstate from St. Louis to Lexington VA, unless there's something fantastic along the way.

I've never done a big 'ol trip like that. I've always wanted to. That sounds like an awesome run. I'll probably never be able to. hell, I've been trying to get a pretty direct shot to and from the Tail of the Dragon (and a day or two in the area) for like 8 years. Seems like shit always happens and I'm not able to.

and remember..pics or it didn't happen. :-)
[Reply]
stevieray 07:19 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Know the feeling!

I've got an overcharging problem, pushing 15.1 at 1500 rpm.
Fixed!

Failing coil was the culprit.

Killed a reg/rectifier, but I'm now able to diagnose and repair my electrical system.

Building a bike is an adventure, to say the least.

I'm finally road worthy.

:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 07:19 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I've never done a big 'ol trip like that. I've always wanted to. That sounds like an awesome run. I'll probably never be able to. hell, I've been trying to get a pretty direct shot to and from the Tail of the Dragon (and a day or two in the area) for like 8 years. Seems like shit always happens and I'm not able to.

and remember..pics or it didn't happen. :-)
^^^^^^
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:03 PM 04-19-2021
Just got the wife an 883 Sportster. This will be interesting.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:14 PM 04-19-2021

You really can’t go wrong in this area. The idea of The Bourbon Trail is sound. Buffalo Trace, Makers, Woodruff Reserve and independent distilleries all have a beautiful ride to get there, plus the properties are stunning. For riding I really enjoyed the Suches Blood Mountain area and Cherohala Skyway. The Tail of the Dragon is alright, and I am glad I went, but be prepared for a carnival type atmosphere with a tidbit of idiocy mixed in.
I went with a couple of guys that knew the whole area like the back of their hand. We took so many logging roads and twisties, most of the time I had no idea where we were, but it was beautiful. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:15 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Just got the wife an 883 Sportster. This will be interesting.
You sound concerned.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:27 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
You sound concerned.
Not at all, we bought it for the wife and son to learn to ride. Next stop for them is riding class. It's a process, and I'm just telling them to trust the professionals and don't worry about me or my opinions. I'm a rider, I teach SCUBA, I don't teach riding motorcycles, I'll leave that to the Pros and trust that they'll do their job.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:21 PM 04-19-2021
may I suggest Hiway 19 in MO and a stop at Signal Mountain in Chattanooga,?

[Reply]
Graystoke 06:58 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Not at all, we bought it for the wife and son to learn to ride. Next stop for them is riding class. It's a process, and I'm just telling them to trust the professionals and don't worry about me or my opinions. I'm a rider, I teach SCUBA, I don't teach riding motorcycles, I'll leave that to the Pros and trust that they'll do their job.
Got it. I say I don't teach but inevitably I have taught a lot of my family and friends to ride. We have a 1972 Yamaha 100. Many of riders have learnt on this little bike.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:36 AM 04-20-2021
So about 5 years ago my ex-girlfriend and I went to Chattanooga from north Missouri. We stayed a week and rode pretty much everywhere. Cherohala Skyway, Tail of the Dragon, Blue Ridge, and a shit load of the roads around all of them. Well worth the trip, and a fun trip for whoever is riding passenger.

It is beautiful, and easy to get distracted, so take your time, stop and look at things when you can, and remember that people in cars don’t pay any attention. Also through Deals Gap, guys on bikes ride like assholes, so keep a look out for that.
[Reply]
Page 164 of 172
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168 > Last »
Up