ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 45
« First < 354142434445
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2023-24 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 08:49 AM 09-27-2023
Time to reboot for the upcoming season.

Anyone interested in doing a fun (or even low cost $25) Fantasy NHL League?
[Reply]
Fish 08:49 PM Yesterday
DAL: 18 SOG
COL: 3 SOG

:-)
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:57 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
What a ****ing buzz kill.

I sincerely hope Nichushkin gets the help he needs, if for no other reason than for the baby daughter he was recently blessed with. She’s going to need a father who’s not strung out on opiates and booze.

But as an Avs fan - **** that dude. Second playoffs in a row he’s sabotaged by pulling this shit. If the NHL has a similar conduct clause as the NFL, they need to void his contract and move on. 7 year, $7M/yr for what?? Going AWOL two playoffs in a row? The franchise, fans - and most of all his teammates - don’t deserve this shit.

So disappointing. The way Georgiev has stepped up since game 1 against Winnipeg, we had as good of a shot as anyone to win another Cup.
I agree with most of that but I think it's b******* that they suspended him in the playoffs seemingly right before the game.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:58 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Fish:
I read it was a failed drug test before the game. Maybe that explains his playoff goals. Snow powered.
I don't think cocaine would help you play better. I think opiates would help you better manage pain.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:05 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I agree with most of that but I think it's b******* that they suspended him in the playoffs seemingly right before the game.
So.... a player should be able to fail a drug test in the playoffs and..... keep taking drugs? :-)

And the NHL obviously doesn't jump straight to suspending someone for 6 months.... this wasn't some random 'gotcha!'
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:17 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
So.... a player should be able to fail a drug test in the playoffs and..... keep taking drugs? :-)

And the NHL obviously doesn't jump straight to suspending someone for 6 months.... this wasn't some random 'gotcha!'
There isn't enough information out there to know for sure what he did other than a "failed drug test". There just seems like there's a better way to handle this.
[Reply]
Fish 09:25 PM Yesterday
There isn't enough information out there to know for sure what he did other than a "failed drug test". There just seems like there's a better way to handle this.
Well technically, he's already in the NHL 3 stage abuse program and was at level 2. Which is strict enough that you're not even allowed alcohol at that point. He's already burned through every generous benefit of the doubt possible.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:26 PM Yesterday
I don't think cocaine would help you play better. I think opiates would help you better manage pain.
Rumor is he’s addicted to painkillers stemming from when he hurt his foot awhile back.
[Reply]
morphius 09:36 PM Yesterday
These last 2 games have been tough, Dallas is having no problem just taking the pucks right off our sticks when we go into the zone. Right now and look like amateurs.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:42 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Fish:
Well technically, he's already in the NHL 3 stage abuse program and was at level 2. Which is strict enough that you're not even allowed alcohol at that point. He's already burned through every generous benefit of the doubt possible.
I understand. I'm still not sure it warrants messing with the competitive advantage in the playoffs. I'm also of the opinion that if any medication is prescribed by a licensed doctor then it trumps any kind of rules in a professional sports league.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:53 PM Yesterday
I get the rule, but it does feel like rigging when they decide to enforce the suspension right in the middle of a series that they happen to be losing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:57 PM Yesterday
Woof. Lucky as eff.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:00 PM Yesterday
Blame the timing of the suspension on nobody but Nichushkin. I’m sure he’s regularly subjected to random testing and the failed test clearly seems recent. It’s not like the NHL had that card in their back pocket just waiting for a time to play it. Given the nature of his problems, the league might’ve been worried about liability if they knowingly let him play fucked up on opioids.
[Reply]
Fish 10:06 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I get the rule, but it does feel like rigging when they decide to enforce the suspension right in the middle of a series that they happen to be losing.
Rigging? He was already in the Player Assistance Program. Which means his continued playing is dependent on him being 100% sober. He apparently failed a very recent drug test. How the hell is that rigging?
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:20 AM Today
Yeah, that just goes back to... what the hell do you expect the NHL to do, give him a free pass for 2.5 months and not worry if he's breaking the rules during the playoffs?

Even if we don't know the details, he clearly has a problem.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:44 AM Today
I'm traveling for work and couldn't watch, but I agree, the timing sucks, but it is what it is. Hard to blame anyone other than Nichushkin himself. Just sucks that two postseasons in a row have been derailed by this (not to mention the long term repercussions).
[Reply]
Page 45 of 45
« First < 354142434445
Up