ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 414 of 3903
« First < 314364404410411412413414 4154164174184244645149141414 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:43 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is informative.
A lot of the questions I’ve had. The observation that “flattening the curve” will actually lead to many more deaths as the health care system is taxed for a longer period of time and won’t be able to attend to other emergencies wasn’t something I had been thinking about.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:44 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
If I hear/read 'unprecedented' one more time..
Mahomes is an unprecedented talent.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:44 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by LTL:
If we run we out we out we use a Vortran. Single patient use disposable. Have used one for transport. We have a couple old birds that we could use as well. If it came to it we might to resort to that.
Yeah, I'd transfer patients home on those. One time the patient had been shot and had to go to a gang infested neighborhood. I volunteered. We got there, there was at least 50 or so of his obviously gang members there to welcome him home. Lots of comments about we finally see a white man here, why is this the only time we see white people. They were just nervous. I didn't take it as a threat. I was keeping their friend alive. Wonder if hospitals still do that or just transfer patients via ambulances?
[Reply]
Donger 09:45 AM 03-18-2020
Non-precedented.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:46 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If they're expecting half or more to get the virus, and most of those will recover. Those people will be immune and not contagious, right? Or am I missing something? If so, it seems like they could get back on track and get the economy moving again. Go on cruises, go on flights, whatever you want, right?
Hopefully research has already started on the possibility of a herd immunity-type effect with COVID-19.

More people who get the virus and "recover" from it (since 80%+ of people who get the virus will have minimal to no symptoms, "recovery" is nothing) will potentially build up an immunity and the more people with immunity will eventually drown out the spread of the virus.

The draconian/North Korea-style "social distancing" measures are preventing this possibility as well as completely destroying the economy.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:48 AM 03-18-2020
The thing about the CPAP too is there is no way to monitor the oxygen levels of the person who is using it and no alarm if it fails.. I guess if hospitals are over run with patients I couldn’t get in I’ll be glad to have it... beats having nothing...
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:50 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
One other idea is to maybe not order the complete shutdown of the entire economy.

[Reply]
Kman34 09:50 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
The thing about the CPAP too is there is no way to monitor the oxygen levels of the person who is using it and no alarm if it fails.. I guess if hospitals are over run with patients I couldn’t get in I’ll be glad to have it... beats having nothing...
I’m also assuming I’m sick enough to need it.. Hopefully I don’t get it and if I do it’s mild..
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:53 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Yeah, if its that or death. Why not, run it till the motor gives out.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:54 AM 03-18-2020
Just to be clear, the state of Kansas actually cancelled public schools for the rest of the school year in response to 16 positive COVID-19 cases in the entire state?

And how many of those "cases" are experiencing minor symptoms no worse than the common cold?

What happens to soon-to-be graduating seniors?

Does everyone just automatically get moved up a grade?

Unreal the potential long term damage that is being done to society by the hysteria/panic.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:02 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Well it's not going to have a good effect on the economy unless all utilities, rent payments and mortgages are amnestied for the foreseeable future... which isn't a good thing economically.
The only way to lessen the blow is to freeze everything and then find food and medical purchases. No invoices due until one month after the emergency ends. Forgiving interest isn’t going to work (not sure anything will) unless you want an economy built on unsustainable debt that most will have a difficult time repaying.
[Reply]
LTL 10:03 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah, I'd transfer patients home on those. One time the patient had been shot and had to go to a gang infested neighborhood. I volunteered. We got there, there was at least 50 or so of his obviously gang members there to welcome him home. Lots of comments about we finally see a white man here, why is this the only time we see white people. They were just nervous. I didn't take it as a threat. I was keeping their friend alive. Wonder if hospitals still do that or just transfer patients via ambulances?
Hospitals I’ve been at it’s been EMS. From my experiences each hospitals and even towns and cities have their own way of doing things so it’s possible that they still do it.
[Reply]
wazu 10:05 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Just to be clear, the state of Kansas actually cancelled public schools for the rest of the school year in response to 16 positive COVID-19 cases in the entire state?

And how many of those "cases" are experiencing minor symptoms no worse than the common cold?

What happens to soon-to-be graduating seniors?

Does everyone just automatically get moved up a grade?

Unreal the potential long term damage that is being done to society by the hysteria/panic.
Don't worry, even though all of society may collapse as the world heads into a second Great Depression, you'll be safe from the virus for a few more weeks when you will be inevitably exposed anyway.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:07 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Thats a total BS story. We shouldn't be scaring people from using their CPAP or inhalers.

CPAP just blows air into your lungs. Same air that's already in the patients lungs and in the ambient air. Nursing home patient is already inhaling and exhaling that air, no different from us. But, without CPAP, no stage III sleep, a compromised elderly patient in a nursing home could die in days.

Now, if you dont clean the CPAP tubing, you can get all kinds of bugs in it that will cause you to get infections. But that true with all the Planeteers on here using CPAP too. If they are confirmed to have the virus, just treat it as an infected area.

Nebulizers are used by people with COPD and Asthma to breathe in medicine that has been broken down into a mist that it crosses over into your blood stream faster. The patient gets more relief faster. Again, the patient is exhaling their own air anyway.
Here is the story. The quote I referenced was from a first responder:

https://www.kuow.org/stories/the-day...er-in-kirkland

Still don’t know if it is BS (but I take your word that it is).
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:08 AM 03-18-2020
White House Invoking the Defense Production Act
[Reply]
Page 414 of 3903
« First < 314364404410411412413414 4154164174184244645149141414 > Last »
Up