ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 160
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Top 101 CP Posters of 2014 Part 2 Presented by SNR
Pasta Little Brioni 09:33 PM 07-31-2014
The countdown and butt hurt continues as SNR, the unnamed listmaker, and I are on a mission to finish this thing.

Original thread (101-58).... http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthrea...osters+of+2014

57-34... http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost....30&postcount=3

33-21... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...31&postcount=4

20-13... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...0&postcount=13

12. Dane McCloud
Spoiler!

11. Pestilence
Spoiler!

10. htismaqe
Spoiler!

9. Rausch
Spoiler!

8. Bowser
Spoiler!

7. Simply Red
Spoiler!

6. milkman
Spoiler!

5. Mr. Flopnuts
Spoiler!

4. SNR
Spoiler!

3. 'Hamas' Jenkins
Spoiler!

2. Rain Man
Spoiler!

[Reply]
stevieray 01:29 PM 12-25-2014
Originally Posted by Count Alex's Losses:
Here is a poverty roast for stevieray:
:-)
Attached: stinkerbell.JPG (162.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:33 PM 12-25-2014
Great work. Have you ever thought of doing a self-portrait of yourself as FDE?
[Reply]
stevieray 01:34 PM 12-25-2014
Great work. Have you ever thought of doing a self-portrait of yourself as FDE?
yes
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:14 PM 12-25-2014
We'll keep the roasts going. Top 10 snubs that should be on the list but aren't because the list maker(s) didn't know how to plan
[Reply]
Bowser 03:47 PM 12-25-2014
You've done a bang up job with this list, SNR. It's been a long, arduous task, and you've sacrificed much to make this thread truly epic. Here is our Christmas present to you for all your hard work....

[Reply]
milkman 07:23 PM 12-25-2014
Originally Posted by SNR:
We'll keep the roasts going. Top 10 snubs that should be on the list but aren't because the list maker(s) didn't know how to plan
Bad planner, my ass.

Who ever the list maker was, that person was fucking moron.
[Reply]
loochy 09:38 PM 12-25-2014
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I am both honored and pissed off to have not made the top 101. So, from the bottom of my heart : Thank you and **** off!

Oh, and Merry Christmas!
This applies in my case as well.

Thank you and **** off!

Oh, and Merry Christmas!
[Reply]
TimBone 01:21 AM 12-26-2014
Originally Posted by loochy:
This applies in my case as well.

Thank you and **** off!

Oh, and Merry Christmas!
You were never listed?
[Reply]
loochy 09:03 AM 12-26-2014
Originally Posted by TimBone:
You were never listed?
Heh, nope. I expected to find myself in the 40s or 50s.
[Reply]
Saul Good 09:31 AM 12-26-2014
Originally Posted by SNR:
I want in on the snub roasts. If I can't, maybe I'll do an all-moderator roast. There hasn't been much drama around here ever since phobia and frazod left. Let's start the new year off with some fireworks.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:38 AM 12-26-2014
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
I want in on the snub roasts. If I can't, maybe I'll do an all-moderator roast. There hasn't been much drama around here ever since phobia and frazod left. Let's start the new year off with some fireworks.
OOHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:02 PM 12-26-2014
3. 'Hamas' Jenkins

I apologize in advance. This is going to be another non-roast, but since my Talking Can one went over fairly well, I'm going to do it for Hamas as well. If you don't like it, I invite you to voluntarily ban yourself for a year.

Do you know what makes me smile the most about this place? When you get a new member who's been a Chiefs fan for years, and he gets really super excited that he found such an active and fun forum for Chiefs talk. He eagerly starts gabbing away various platitudes about supporting Alex (or Cassel if you're going back several years) and how the Sea of Red is the best fan experience in the NFL. The guy seems nice, and he thinks everybody on here is just as supportive, because we're all Chiefs fans. But he's not met with supportive or polite discourse. He gets inane comments about his mother and family, suggestions of ways he could kill himself, and nothing but shame and vitriol for his small-minded thinking. The new member says something like, "This forum is a hell hole. What the hell is wrong with you guys?" and is never heard from again.

That is perhaps my favorite part of Chiefs Planet. That notorious reputation among the other Chiefs fan sites is what makes this place so great. It's the toughest saloon this side of Mitch Holthus' disgusting mole on his face.

We have people like Hamas to thank for that. Sure, we've had trolls and dumbasses like Mecca doing that shit for years, but Hamas is much different. I think more than any other member, he has demanded a higher level of posting excellence from this community. And he didn't just do it by storming in and shoving his opinion down everybody's throats as soon as he got here. He didn't act smarter than he really is; he posts intelligent things because he IS that smart. He led by example in showing us what the discourse on this forum was capable of being.

On the internet (and in life for that matter) everybody tends to not listen to new ideas. It could make total sense to them, but if it's not explained in such a way that will soothe a person's ego and convince them that this new idea was something individually researched or realized through intuition, that person probably isn't going to change his or her mind. Very rarely does a person come around that can pull off change in a person's mindset. Especially on the internet, where the absence of pathos can really limit the tools of rhetoric.

Hamas was unique. He would treat you with respect, but he simply wouldn't tolerate stupidity. And it was everywhere. People liked Tyler fucking Thigpen, for crying out loud. Telling people to go kill themselves was an unconventional way of winning people over to your view of the situation, but when you're as organized and precise of a thinker as Hamas is, the combination of reasoned discourse and offensive insult was quite a lethal 1-2 punch.

There are a handful of brilliant Hamasisms that I've picked up over the years and reframed to fit real conversations. I've been using a lot of metaphor and satire in these roasts, and I've definitely gotten better at it, but I've only been digging them out because I've seen the elegance and grace that can result from their proper and effective use. For instance, when he wrote something like, "Hester Pioli should be forced to wear Cassel's $60 million contract as a scarlet fucking letter," that opened a new world for me. My Phobia roast would not be here if Hamas had not dared to mix literature with football operations.

The Gang of 14 treatise should be required reading in all Kansas City public schools. Just imagine. The Chiefs Kingdom would be far more representational of CP's attitudes. Mitch Holthus would stop talking about Alex Smith's toughness when he struggles in a game and instead would make a plea for somebody to pour antifreeze into Smith's Gatorade bottle. The next time the Chiefs have the #1 overall pick and draft a MAC conference OT, the NFL Network wouldn't see a room full of cheering drunk assholes. They would see a bunch of signs telling them to go hang themselves from an AIDS tree.

That's why Hamas is #3.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:04 PM 12-26-2014
Fucking Ralph Fiennes from In Bruges. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:08 PM 12-26-2014
Can you imagine 'Hamas' replacing Mitch Homerus in the broadcast booth.

The radio broadcasts would be better than watching the game on TV.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:34 PM 12-26-2014
Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs Kingdom would be far more representational of CP's attitudes. Mitch Holthus would stop talking about Alex Smith's toughness when he struggles in a game and instead would make a plea for somebody to pour antifreeze into Smith's Gatorade bottle. The next time the Chiefs have the #1 overall pick and draft a MAC conference OT, the NFL Network wouldn't see a room full of cheering drunk assholes. They would see a bunch of signs telling them to go hang themselves from an AIDS tree.

That's why Hamas is #3.

Can you imagine 'Hamas' replacing Mitch Homerus in the broadcast booth.

The radio broadcasts would be better than watching the game on TV.

[Reply]
Page 128 of 160
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Up