Nzoner's Game Room>Kelce Mic'd Up Orchestrating 13 Seconds
Sassy Squatch 02:07 PM 01-25-2022

Did @tkelce orchestrate the 13-second drive? 👀

(via @nflfilms, @insidethenfl) pic.twitter.com/fBXQXBSgSF

— NFL (@NFL) January 25, 2022

[Reply]
tmax63 07:00 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Bottom line: You could really tell they were NOT PREPARED to defense this particular situation with the clock at 13 seconds to your above statement with Mahomes at the helm.:-)
Has anyone ever truly thought that a team could move the ball 45 yards in 2 plays and 10 seconds and kick a 49 yd FG in 3? Coaches might give it a quick thought and say "that ain't happening".
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:52 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by R Clark:
I call bullshit Rex ain’t never had an excellent moment.
It’s hard to believe, but he’s actually pretty good in the studio.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:57 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It’s hard to believe, but he’s actually pretty good in the studio.
I think he's funny as hell. I wouldn't leave him in a room with my wife but he's entertaining as hell as a commentator....
[Reply]
Rausch 07:58 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Has anyone ever truly thought that a team could move the ball 45 yards in 2 plays and 10 seconds and kick a 49 yd FG in 3? Coaches might give it a quick thought and say "that ain't happening".
This game was better than a Hollywood movie.

I know that term has lost its luster but you know what I mean...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:58 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by tmax63:
I said to the folks sitting by me at the game, "this isn't over, we will get a shot at a long field goal, probably 65 yards." I thought we could get to midfield or slightly over, even if they squibbed it. If you watch that kick from Butker, it hit nearly 1/2 way up the net, he nailed it. It may have been good from 65.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:00 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Holthus' call on Kelce's catch to set up the game-tying FG is disappointing. He sounds like he didn't realize the gravity of that play, like he still thought it was all over.
Luckily Nantz absolutely slayed it.

Romo and Nantz also had a great game IMO. Even Romo being utterly speechless and unable to find his words when we hit overtime echoed what all of us were feeling.
[Reply]
kstater 08:14 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
So what's the protocol here?

Is there an actual play call coming in from Reid/Bieniemy on these or are they just improvising at that point?

I saw Vick on Nick Wright’s show yesterday, he said at the end of every practice when he played for Andy, they run through 5 end of game plays. They decide which one based on how the defense is playing it and lined up. So it makes sense that Kelce would recognize and tell pat what he’s planning on doing.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:38 PM 01-25-2022
Kelce will go down as the greatest TE of all time. No signs of slowing down either. He may go down as a top 10 overall player of all time when it’s all said and done with
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:55 PM 01-25-2022
Tony Gonzalez weeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:57 PM 01-25-2022
Just watching the Inside the NFL episode. It's pretty good. Doesn't add anything too significant, but they have a live feed of Ray Lewis watching the Mahomes-Kelce walk-off and he's pretty in awe of Mahomes.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:15 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Luckily Nantz absolutely slayed it.

Romo and Nantz also had a great game IMO. Even Romo being utterly speechless and unable to find his words when we hit overtime echoed what all of us were feeling.
Romo was throwing out some word salad at the end of the game and OT. But it's fun how excited he was. Unlike Joe Buck who yells loud now after Helmet Catch, but it's the same.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:17 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Just watching the Inside the NFL episode. It's pretty good. Doesn't add anything too significant, but they have a live feed of Ray Lewis watching the Mahomes-Kelce walk-off and he's pretty in awe of Mahomes.
I really hope they're still doing NFL Turning Point, and the full episode makes its way to the internet. Also mic'ed up might be an hour episode too.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:23 PM 01-25-2022
Romo was throwing out some word salad at the end of the game and OT. But it's fun how excited he was. Unlike Joe Buck who yells loud now after Helmet Catch, but it's the same.
Buck seemed to develop this quirk after all of his criticisms where he yells out one word descriptors now.

"DIGGS. CAUGHT. SIDELINE. TOUCHDOWN."

or...

"HILL. OPEN. CAUGHT."

I will say I don't mind Buck as much as I used to (and he's gotten praise for his calls in the last 11 or so years compared to the past), but I will listen to Tony Romo 10/10 any day of the week if the choice is between him and the Fox Crew.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:29 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Why would any Chief fan care what that murdering pos thinks?

He didn't seem in awe of Mahomes when he came out before the Ravens game this year doing his throat slash routine.
[Reply]
Curé 09:31 PM 01-25-2022
Holthus' call on Kelce's catch to set up the game-tying FG is disappointing. He sounds like he didn't realize the gravity of that play, like he still thought it was all over.
maybe he didn't have much faith in butt kicker. i agree, he was rather flat. but he redeemed himself on the game winner. and the vid of him in the booth is fire. he almost punched the glass out. lol
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up