ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 71
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
warpaint* 11:05 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
Not good
Too many teams to jump with tie breaker advantages
That being said I’m afraid of none of them on the road.
Well….

I’m still afraid of none of them on the road
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:11 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I could see Miami beating a Henry-less Tennessee. The Titans only won this week because Jimmy Garroppolo is total ass and AJ Brown won some jump balls.

The Dolphins have a strong secondary and good cover corners. Good D overall.

Question for me is if their O can do enough.
Yeah, I think it's more likely than not that Miami wins that game.

The problem I see is that if TN gets that bye, they COULD get Henry back in time for their first playoff game. If they don't, they'll lose and even if we're the 2 seed, we'll get the AFCCG at home after TN loses (presuming, obviously, that we make it that far).

But I'd really prefer see TN have to play week 1 because it seems unlikely that Henry will be back by then. With Buffalo finding it's form and LAC still a tough out (presuming they make it), I really don't want to see a fully formed TN back in the playoffs either.

There are some hairy early matchups given the weirdness of the AFC this year. I mean we could end up with the 2 seed and end up having to play a really hot Buffalo squad or a Chargers team that's given us fits this year in the WC round.

Getting the bye is important shit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:13 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Hate to say it but teams who have star/key players get the Covid now have a huge benefit headed into the playoffs.
Maybe a little.

But with the new protocols that don't appear to have much mandatory testing for asymptomatic players, most of the star players will just lie about any symptoms they may have and duck testing altogether. It's gonna run through the NFL like a brushfire and ultimately most of the guys that get it won't even miss time for it.

The NFL and NFLPA seems to understand what's happening here and what's at stake in the post-season. The last thing they'll want to see are playoff games with star QBs on the sidelines.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:17 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I think it's more likely than not that Miami wins that game.

The problem I see is that if TN gets that bye, they COULD get Henry back in time for their first playoff game. If they don't, they'll lose and even if we're the 2 seed, we'll get the AFCCG at home after TN loses (presuming, obviously, that we make it that far).

But I'd really prefer see TN have to play week 1 because it seems unlikely that Henry will be back by then. With Buffalo finding it's form and LAC still a tough out (presuming they make it), I really don't want to see a fully formed TN back in the playoffs either.

There are some hairy early matchups given the weirdness of the AFC this year. I mean we could end up with the 2 seed and end up having to play a really hot Buffalo squad or a Chargers team that's given us fits this year in the WC round.

Getting the bye is important shit.
Could care less about Henry. He did jack shit last playoff game. We need the 1 if possible but it feels like we have to win the last 2 to get it. I just don't see Miami beating the Titans.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:24 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Could care less about Henry. He did jack shit last playoff game. We need the 1 if possible but it feels like we have to win the last 2 to get it. I just don't see Miami beating the Titans.
The Titans are bad.

Before the season started, I'd have told you the Dolphins, even with mediocre lefty minority Alex Smith knock-off Tua at quarterback, were a better team than TN. Obviously the early part of the season, with a 7 game losing streak from Miami and a shellacking of the Chiefs by the Titans, changed that narrative.

But since then the Titans have spun their wheels (without Henry) while the Dolphins have ripped off 7 straight wins to put themselves in playoff position. Their defense, despite not having many stars, is playing damn good complementary football.

Their offense...uh...exists? Sorta. But if Tua can just do knockoff lefty Alex Smith stuff and get the ball underneath to Gesicki while getting it to Waddle and Parker in space, that's enough for 17ish points. And 17 may just win it w/ Tannehill being awfully spotty of late.

Tua can game manage them to a W if he just doesn't turn the ball over. I think he can manage that.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:09 PM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
I believe the Miami miracle would have been the game in 2018 when the Dolphins won on the last play which involved a few laterals. That victory gave us the 1 seed in 2018. The Ryan Fitzpatrick game was in 2019 that gave us the 2 seed and the bye week.
Harlan calling both games, two years ago today.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:04 PM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

Gesicki shushing the Foxboro crowd after scoring the TD is beautiful
[Reply]
BigChiefTN 01:27 AM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Titans are bad.

Before the season started, I'd have told you the Dolphins, even with mediocre lefty minority Alex Smith knock-off Tua at quarterback, were a better team than TN. Obviously the early part of the season, with a 7 game losing streak from Miami and a shellacking of the Chiefs by the Titans, changed that narrative.

But since then the Titans have spun their wheels (without Henry) while the Dolphins have ripped off 7 straight wins to put themselves in playoff position. Their defense, despite not having many stars, is playing damn good complementary football.

Their offense...uh...exists? Sorta. But if Tua can just do knockoff lefty Alex Smith stuff and get the ball underneath to Gesicki while getting it to Waddle and Parker in space, that's enough for 17ish points. And 17 may just win it w/ Tannehill being awfully spotty of late.

Tua can game manage them to a W if he just doesn't turn the ball over. I think he can manage that.
TN may be bad - but they have had our number numerous times in the past. If they have Henry, Julio, and AJ all healthy they can be dangerous. Id rather a oid them altogether….
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:35 AM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by BigChiefTN:
TN may be bad - but they have had our number numerous times in the past. If they have Henry, Julio, and AJ all healthy they can be dangerous. Id rather a oid them altogether….
They've had our number when it doesn't fucking matter.

Not scared of that shitbag team. Not one bit.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:02 AM 12-30-2021

I just got chills like it was the day it happened!
[Reply]
wachashi 11:05 AM 12-30-2021
We should be playing the Bengals to lock up the one seed, but Jimmy G turned into a pumpkin vs the Titans and singlehandedly lost that game.

I want the one seed, obviously, but at this point, I want that rest game against Denver almost just as much. I have PTSD from what injuries did to this team last year, costing us a Super Bowl and nearly killing our QB, so if we can rest our superstars in the last game of the season, I am 100% for that.

The Dolphins can absolutely beat the Titans and I'll be pulling hard for them this weekend. It depends on which Tannehill shows up. The one that beat the Chiefs or the one that could only score 13 points against the Texans, Pats, and Steelers. I hope it is the latter.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:09 AM 12-30-2021

Why that man isn’t considered a 1st team broadcaster is a mystery to me. But, what is even more befuddling is that he isn’t even in the 2nd spot. How many of these other choads could, or would, call two games at one time?
[Reply]
scho63 11:43 AM 12-30-2021
Looking pretty good......
[Reply]
Hoover 11:56 AM 12-30-2021
This.

Brown sure. Henry only if he has his legs back under him, which I doubt.

And I don't think their defense really scares me at all.

We take care of the ball we win. Its that simple.
[Reply]
jswizzle6 12:50 PM 12-30-2021
Not sure if this is the place for this (may have missed a Chargers news mega thread), but seems related since it's a claim/argument about the AFC's #1 seed.

"The LA Chargers would be the no. 1 seed if Derwin James stayed healthy"
boltbeat[dot]com/posts/la-chargers-playoffs-afc-seed-derwin-james-injury (Sorry, can't post links yet)

Bold claim for a team that just got thoroughly worked by the Texans. We were without Gay, Jones, and Sneed for our game against them, which the writer claims they would have won if James were healthy. We all know the impact that injuries can have on a teams quality of play (see last year's Super Bowl), but this seems delusional.

James is known to be fragile; reminds me a bit of our time with Eric Berry. A well managed franchise would acquire depth, and a well coached team would prepare alternate strategies, to fill the inevitable void that appears with his frequent absences due to injury.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 71
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up