ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 212 of 2688
« First < 112162202208209210211212 2132142152162222623127121212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:37 AM 06-13-2017
If Michael Vick was the quarterback coach, I'm worried that he would stage fights between Mahomes and Tyler Bray.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:58 AM 06-13-2017
Half the argument here is basically ignoring the fact that he interviewed with our people and obviously scored high enough to warrant two 1st rounders..
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:44 AM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Half the argument here is basically ignoring the fact that he interviewed with our people and obviously scored high enough to warrant two 1st rounders..
Could you delineate what arguments you are critiquing? I sense that even the fringe detractors recognize that the franchise has a high degree of confidence in their selection, and the overwhelming majority are unflinchingly ecstatic. The debate has pared down to how much preparation for NFL opposition he needs and who should make the determination when he's ready.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:25 PM 06-13-2017
I honestly can't imagine what would happen to this place if Alex Smith was cut in the last round to 53 and Mahomes named the starter going into week 1.

And yes, of course I am hoping for it, because it would mean he is ready. The one thing to not hope for is an Alex injury, forcing Mahomes or Bray to step up when they haven't earned the starter spot.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:32 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I honestly can't imagine what would happen to this place if Alex Smith was cut in the last round to 53 and Mahomes named the starter going into week 1.

And yes, of course I am hoping for it, because it would mean he is ready. The one thing to not hope for is an Alex injury, forcing Mahomes or Bray to step up when they haven't earned the starter spot.
You won't have to. It's a pipedream
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:38 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
You won't have to. It's a pipedream
Can you imagine if some safety phenom comes out of nowhere and puts Urc Burry on the bench!! Not saying it will happen, but that would be good news in the end, no?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:39 PM 06-13-2017
Somebody in the thread made the statement that if Pat isn't the week 1 starter in 2018 he's a bust and the Chief's screwed up.

Him sitting and learning in 2017 was fine, but any longer waiting to start their 1st round franchise QB was unacceptable.

You've been waiting almost 35 years. 3, 6, even 12 more months is where you absolutely draw the line?
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:53 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Can you imagine if some safety phenom comes out of nowhere and puts Urc Burry on the bench!! Not saying it will happen, but that would be good news in the end, no?
You're bad at this
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:13 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You're bad at this
Bad at what, ridiculous daydreaming? Oh no. . . This might cost me my ridiculous daydreamer merit badge!!
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:28 PM 06-13-2017
Bad at what, ridiculous daydreaming? Oh no. . . This might cost me my ridiculous daydreamer merit badge!!
You want Eric Berry to be replaced? You've wanted him replaced for the past four years?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:34 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You want Eric Berry to be replaced? You've wanted him replaced for the past four years?
I'm willing to replace anyone who is beaten by someone performing better.

But Eric ain't getting replaced, and Alex ain't getting replaced.

But by all means, feel free to simultaneously write off 2017, AND stick around to whelp and moan that it's not some dreamed-of future date when Mahomes is ready anyway.

I swear at this point, you guys are like the nerds STILL complaining that The Phantom Menace raped their childhoods.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:53 PM 06-13-2017
Remember when Dorsey and Reid said "Alex is still our QB"?

That shit was funny.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:03 PM 06-13-2017
In less than 2 months we'll see Mahomes on NFLN live in his first preseason game in SF.

Much fapping will happen
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:16 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
In less than 2 months we'll see Mahomes on NFLN live in his first preseason game in SF.

Much fapping will happen
A definite CP fappening, and long overdue.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:02 PM 06-13-2017
I'm willing to replace anyone who is beaten by someone performing better.

But Eric ain't getting replaced, and Alex ain't getting replaced.

But by all means, feel free to simultaneously write off 2017, AND stick around to whelp and moan that it's not some dreamed-of future date when Mahomes is ready anyway.

I swear at this point, you guys are like the nerds STILL complaining that The Phantom Menace raped their childhoods.
Um Chiefs just drafted Alex Smith replacement. It could happen this year or wait all the way to next year before he starts but change is undeniably going happen. Patrick Mahomes II has upside and long career ahead of him. Alex Smith is on the downturn of his career. I'm going root for Patrick Mahomes II successfully taking over the reins. I think it could happen as soon as week 8 but that's just me it could be next year. I don't know and nobody knows.

It is fun to have someone we drafted that we traded up 17 spots in the first round of the draft. A total dream.

It's on Alex to keep his job this year if he does good he has nothing to worry about. If he doesn't and Mahomes II proves he has what it takes they will make a switch.
[Reply]
Page 212 of 2688
« First < 112162202208209210211212 2132142152162222623127121212 > Last »
Up