ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 359 of 360
« First < 259309349355356357358359 360 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:34 PM 08-04-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Sold my Chevy II last saturday. Now ive been used truck shopping. Kind of crazy how trucks get more expensive in texas, a little less near me in Ok and are significantly cheaper in MO/KS then much cheaper in iowa and nebraska (but also probably have some rust to match that)
You sell it someone local?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:39 PM 08-04-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You sell it someone local?
No a couple out of weatherford texas. They are a good home and as dumb as it sounds im glad they bought it. They race and altered alcohol fiat, a vw bug with a 355 then some kind of rail dragster. They wanted something that was street legal they could do some drag and drive stuff with. I took it for its last spin and got a little emotional. I hadn't really got to dog on the new 496 but man it ran nice for me.

My second cousin owns mid mo chassis shop so im on the look out for a future builder. My car was just in a weird spot where it was too outdated to be competitive without serious upgrades but too much race car to really enjoy as a quality driver.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:56 PM 09-10-2023
Bought a cheap gas f-350 the other day to pull a camper/winter truck. Picked up some fuel wheels and 35s really cheap. But the black wheels have brake dust in the black powder coat (assume it’s pc). Anyone know a way to polish/clean black wheels? If they don’t clean up it’s not a big deal I’m 9700$ into the truck, leveling kit and wheels and tires. But not a fan of dirty looking wheels lol. I may just powder coat them all black if they don’t clean up.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:57 PM 09-29-2023
Alright... i have a question.

I have a 2016 ford fusion with the ecoboost engine. It's not really my car, but the car my wife drives. I personally put 10 miles a month on it. It's under 80k miles total.

Today while trying to avoid getting ran off the road by a semi truck I had to peg the accelerator and when i looked back to flip the trucker off i noticed a pretty big cloud of smoke.

Now i parked and let it idle, no smoke. No smoke while revving when parked. No burnt oil or coolant smell has been detected coming from the exhaust. The fluid levels seem fine from the last time they were topped up and/or changed.

Is this a sign of something getting ready to fail or just a one off thing from blowing the cobwebs out of my wife's grocery getter? I'm getting everything from cracked head, to bad turbo, to the air fuel ratio being off.

Anyone have any idea?
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:00 PM 09-29-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Alright... i have a question.

I have a 2016 ford fusion with the ecoboost engine. It's not really my car, but the car my wife drives. I personally put 10 miles a month on it. It's under 80k miles total.

Today while trying to avoid getting ran off the road by a semi truck I had to peg the accelerator and when i looked back to flip the trucker off i noticed a pretty big cloud of smoke.

Now i parked and let it idle, no smoke. No smoke while revving when parked. No burnt oil or coolant smell has been detected coming from the exhaust. The fluid levels seem fine from the last time they were topped up and/or changed.

Is this a sign of something getting ready to fail or just a one off thing from blowing the cobwebs out of my wife's grocery getter? I'm getting everything from cracked head, to bad turbo, to the air fuel ratio being off.

Anyone have any idea?
No engine codes?
[Reply]
bdj23 03:01 PM 09-29-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
No engine codes?
Nah nothing. Car seems fine otherwise.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:06 PM 09-29-2023
Nah nothing. Car seems fine otherwise.
Air/Fuel type things would certainly throw a code. It's a turbo, you say?

Maybe oil remnants in the turbo caused by a possible leaking oil line, over filling etc.

Totally guessing of course.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:13 PM 09-29-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Air/Fuel type things would certainly throw a code. It's a turbo, you say?

Maybe oil remnants in the turbo caused by a possible leaking oil line, over filling etc.

Totally guessing of course.
I'll research that. I believe i can reasonably rule out a blown head gasket/cracked block type problem. But i don't want the turbo to fail either and some people online say that can be a problem with these things.

That sounds expensive and Bob Dole doesn't need this.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:27 PM 09-29-2023
I'll research that. I believe i can reasonably rule out a blown head gasket/cracked block type problem. But i don't want the turbo to fail either and some people online say that can be a problem with these things.

It's a FORD so you should already be in fix or repair daily mode.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:42 PM 09-29-2023
You'd think you could get more than 70k miles out of the pos before the turbo starts to shit out.

I don't know why, but I'm fully expecting the worst with this. I should just go trade it in before it starts clunking.
[Reply]
Enid Borden 08:19 PM 09-29-2023
The YouTube channel Just Rolled In has left me irretrievably traumatized over the stupidity of car owners and my wariness of buying used skyrocketed.

https://youtu.be/1VOlWxdyTxY
[Reply]
Arch Stanton 08:40 PM 09-29-2023

A lot of times, when a turbo car isn't driven hard on an occasional basis, a small amount of oil can pool up in the intercooler.

It causes no problems. When you pushed the engine in that situation, it is possible some of that oil got blown up and through the engine, causing the smoke you saw.

It may sound strange, but it can be beneficial to occasionally push the car a little harder. Used to be called an Italian tuneup.
[Reply]
Holladay 09:31 PM 09-29-2023
That is called "WOT", wide open throttle. From what I understand, most cars should do a WOT every once in awhile. Get the RPMS up for 30 seconds. Blows a bunch of crap out of the engine and helps.

I try and do that when ever I remember:-)
[Reply]
hometeam 09:36 PM 09-29-2023
Its fine
[Reply]
bdj23 05:32 AM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by Holladay:
That is called "WOT", wide open throttle. From what I understand, most cars should do a WOT every once in awhile. Get the RPMS up for 30 seconds. Blows a bunch of crap out of the engine and helps.

I try and do that when ever I remember:-)
My wife drives like a grandma so yeah, the pedal never touches the floor with that thing. I would say it probably hasn't had any highway driving in a month or so.

Also, I'm obviously no mechanic and internet searches on car problems tend to lead you down the worst path.
[Reply]
Page 359 of 360
« First < 259309349355356357358359 360 >
Up