ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 358 of 360
« First < 258308348354355356357358 359360 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
lewdog 07:02 AM 07-08-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Tell me about this ceramic stuff for cars. Better than typical wax?

any do's and dont's?
It makes washing the car easier since dirt/grime stick less, but you better be damn sure to handwash it and not take it through automatic car washes to make it last.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:20 AM 07-08-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
https://www.carizona.com/vehicle-det...DOFy6wdL_cWxXW
Its amazing that you posted this as I've viewed it (prior to you posting the link) a handful of times.

A question not just for you or Hometeam but for anyone with Corvette knowledge, what's the best or highly regarded Corvette that can be had for under $50k?

Preferably a Z06 but I'm pretty green in my Corvette exploration.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:49 AM 07-08-2023
It makes washing the car easier since dirt/grime stick less, but you better be damn sure to handwash it and not take it through automatic car washes to make it last.
I only do a car wash during the winter.
Like when the chiefs lost to Cincy, and I took my Arrowheads off the truck. I did not want to see the ghost arrowheads in the dirt.

I really liked the Teflon wax, but that has been discontinued-for a long time.

2x a year, I wash it, clay bar it and heavily wax it. (truck is in the icon on the left)
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:30 AM 07-08-2023
Tell me about this ceramic stuff for cars. Better than typical wax?

any do's and dont's?
Like Lewdog said it's suppose to present a harder surface to protect the clear, so dirt and rubber etc doesn't embed into the clear as easily.

We've professionally Ceramic Clear coated an entire Mustang once. With the idea to preserve the original paint.

We'll apply a professional ceramic clear coat to polished aluminum rims, for customers, as it negates the need for them to ever have to re-polish them. If you've ever owned polished aluminum rims you probably know they have to be re-polished somewhat frequently if the car is driven often. Ceramic coating them preserves the finish.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:01 PM 07-08-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Its amazing that you posted this as I've viewed it (prior to you posting the link) a handful of times.

A question not just for you or Hometeam but for anyone with Corvette knowledge, what's the best or highly regarded Corvette that can be had for under $50k?

Preferably a Z06 but I'm pretty green in my Corvette exploration.
Yeah I don't know either but I find "cheap" speed to be fun to look at. Older models with bigger engines, coupled with low miles means you don't have to spend a ton. There's some decent Mustang GT and Challenger SRT options out there now too, up near the 500 HP range, that can be had under $40k and only around 5ish years old. It's a pretty affordable market for speed in AZ since there's so many options and you can drive them year round here. No rust concerns make it even better.

Hopefully someone in this thread can give us some cheap speed options.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:00 PM 07-08-2023
Yeah I don't know either but I find "cheap" speed to be fun to look at. Older models with bigger engines, coupled with low miles means you don't have to spend a ton. There's some decent Mustang GT and Challenger SRT options out there now too, up near the 500 HP range, that can be had under $40k and only around 5ish years old. It's a pretty affordable market for speed in AZ since there's so many options and you can drive them year round here. No rust concerns make it even better.

Hopefully someone in this thread can give us some cheap speed options.
Long story short here, my FIL was a Corvette guy. Was in old Corvette clubs and owned several. When he passed away last year his Vettes went to the dudes in the family despite my wife growing up in them too.

So I'd like to put one in the garage. Something nasty that I don't have to work on without breaking the bank. And yeah there's so much space out here that I'd have a blast driving it.

There's some many differing opinions on them though that its a bit overwhelming.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:18 PM 07-08-2023
speed and cheap are rarely seen together LOL
[Reply]
lewdog 04:47 PM 07-14-2023
What’s a “buyback” title mean on a car?

https://www.billluke.com/inventory/u...UFlgeihwQcG4rZ
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:16 PM 07-14-2023
What’s a “buyback” title mean on a car?

https://www.billluke.com/inventory/u...UFlgeihwQcG4rZ
I think I have seen that in a news article.

The dealer bought it back because of some manufacturing issue and the buyer turned it in. Almost like it was bought back because of a lemon law. May also have been sold somewhere else at auction.

Shame-it is a beautiful car.

The slideshow tells about it too.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 05:18 PM 07-14-2023
Yeah, usually a lemon law issue.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:03 PM 07-14-2023
I think I have seen that in a news article.

The dealer bought it back because of some manufacturing issue and the buyer turned it in. Almost like it was bought back because of a lemon law. May also have been sold somewhere else at auction.

Shame-it is a beautiful car.

The slideshow tells about it too.
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Yeah, usually a lemon law issue.
So who would want to buy a car like that now?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:07 PM 07-14-2023
Maybe-if they gave me unlimited bumper to bumper

and a car fax
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:16 PM 07-14-2023
Some states have laws that if you take it back for the same item 3 times and it's not fixed then it fall under a lemon law. Sometimes it's just a bad dealer... The car fax should state what the service issue/issues were so you could research the severity.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 08:16 PM 07-14-2023
It depends on what the issue is. Cars get lemoned for all sorts of reasons, and the dealer/manufacturer has to fix the issue in the end. There are definitely deals to be had.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:17 PM 08-04-2023
Sold my Chevy II last saturday. Now ive been used truck shopping. Kind of crazy how trucks get more expensive in texas, a little less near me in Ok and are significantly cheaper in MO/KS then much cheaper in iowa and nebraska (but also probably have some rust to match that)
[Reply]
Page 358 of 360
« First < 258308348354355356357358 359360 >
Up