ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 319
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:39 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Remmers was pretty good at RT.

He didn’t give up a sack on over 700 snaps.

I’d be perfectly fine with giving him a 2 years deal and starting him at RT while giving Niang a shot on the left.

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:39 PM 02-17-2021
What do you mean?

You’d be disappointed if Remmers was brought back on a cheap 2 year deal?
I’m ok with it as long as he never plays LT again
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:40 PM 02-17-2021
What do you mean?

You’d be disappointed if Remmers was brought back on a cheap 2 year deal?
I’m talking about an offensive line argument.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:42 PM 02-17-2021
Con has been pissed at Denver since before signing his last extension there and in his last few interviews has been visibly done being there.

Going to a winner like KC would revitalize his energy and career.
It'd be great payback for Neil Smith. IDK how his legal will work out. It sounded bad but I'm sure if we sign him, we have faith he'll be here week 1.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:43 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I don’t think Spags saw him as the best option. He saw him as the ONLY option.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Oh shit....here we go again.
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I think some of you are looking at his performance in the Super Bowl and laughing at my suggestion of bringing him back.

He was a solid player at RT, but was atrocious at LT.

So, I can see some of you having pause moments when talking about bringing him back...but solid RTs are hard to find, too.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:44 PM 02-17-2021
I think some of you are looking at his performance in the Super Bowl and laughing at my suggestion of bringing him back.

So, I can see some of you having pause moments when talking about bringing him back...but solid RTs are hard to find, too.
Uh, no, that's directed at your suggestion Niang go to LT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:45 PM 02-17-2021
Niang has the tools to play LT. As much as any rookie they might bring in.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:45 PM 02-17-2021

Just like Wylie, he was decent at RG but god awful at RT. Idk who was worse Remmers at LT or Wylie at RT
[Reply]
BossChief 12:47 PM 02-17-2021
Have you watched him play?

What makes you think he can’t play left tackle?

He has the hips, punch, athleticism, natural knee bend, quickness...everything you look for in a LT.

In fact, I’ll take it a step further.

When I watch him in his pass sets, I see a guy very similar to a guy that used to ride his bike around the campus at River Falls.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:47 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Niang has the tools to play LT. As much as any rookie they might bring in.
You're comfortable pencilling him in as the starting LT before he's even been in the building? After he's had surgery and been out of football for over a year? :-) Alrighty then.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 02-17-2021
You're comfortable pencilling him in as the starting LT before he's even been in the building? After he's had surgery and been out of football for over a year? :-) Alrighty then.
I'm not comfortable penciling in anybody that's completely unknown at the most important position on the offensive line.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:51 PM 02-17-2021
This is Niang’s summary from The Draft Network, written in December of

Summary - Lucas Niang is a high-upside starter in the NFL. Niang's mobility would make him a great fit in a zone style system and his length and range as a pass blocker make him an attractive option for teams with deeper passing concepts. There is some refinement needed in Niang's footwork but he shows all the requisite physical skills to be a plus starter in the pros. Should find the field early and improve through first few seasons. Should be healthy for the 2020 season.

I mean...

I’d prefer to play him at his more natural RT position, but either way, he IS a guy you expect to start.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:51 PM 02-17-2021
I don’t think we’re coming from the same place in this evaluation.

What tools does Niang not possess that are critical for a successful LT?

The guy didn’t give up a single sack and only 1 pressure while playing the year (before they shut him down) with an injured hip.

If healthy, he would probably be a better LT than Fisher.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:53 PM 02-17-2021
I don't want that scumbag Miller. Have to have some standards.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:54 PM 02-17-2021
I don’t think we’re coming from the same place in this evaluation.

What tools does Niang not possess that are critical for a successful LT?

The guy didn’t give up a single sack and only 1 pressure while playing the year (before they shut him down) with an injured hip.

If healthy, he would probably be a better LT than Fisher.
Exactly. If. Assuming he'll be the exact same after an operation on his hip seems crazy to me, especially given the circumstances of his opt out and not being able to bring him into the building.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 319
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Up