ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Have you ever used a personal trainer?
SuperChief 12:42 PM 05-16-2022
Long story short, my wife and I are both starting a new journey w/ fitness and food. We're seeing a dietician soon to get some help with the food part, but we've also been considering getting a personal trainer (either one for both of us or separate - either option is on the table).

Does anyone here have experience with one? What are some good questions to ask to make sure I get the "right" one? Any tips to set us up for success in this process?
[Reply]
loochy 08:45 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
workout shorts?

:-)

Are we supposed to be like the old people that show up and lift in slacks and a button down shirt?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:05 AM 05-18-2022
They can double as hot tub shorts if you don’t like taking a bath with your workout buddy.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:08 AM 05-18-2022
workout shorts?

Do you wear leggings to workout?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:11 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by luv:
From my experience, I don't know if I just wasn't "cute" enough or if they just figured I wasn't intimidated, but the guys in the weight section never bothered me. It was actually the guys who spent more time on the resistance machines or treadmills that creeped me out. One time, I didn't think I was going to survive the row machine because the dude on the one next me stunk of cologne. GAG!

Rule of thumb for guys who go to the gym to hit on women: Yes, there are women who go to the gym to be eye candy. However, if you see a woman counting reps or working up a sweat, leave her alone. She's there to accomplish something, and it's not to land a date. :-)
I'll have you know I have literally never once hit on a girl in the gym!

In general, people who treat the gym like a social scene annoy me anyway. I'm there to get my workout in and take my ass home.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:12 AM 05-18-2022
There's this old retired dude who has been bugging me at the gym over the last few months. He'll catch me any-fucking-where and just start talking to me, sometimes for 5-10 minutes.

I know he means well and I'm sure he's just bored, but fuck!
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:14 AM 05-18-2022
I've always wanted to date a personal trainer but I only pick up girls in fast food places.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:17 AM 05-18-2022
Regarding hitting on girls: I actually had front row seats to how cringy that whole ordeal can be when I was 18 or 19 so I learned early. There was this chick who was lifting weights and she looked really good. I remember thinking she was a hot cougar but in retrospect she was prob like 36 lol

Anyway, there were a couple guys who were trying to chat her up. She ended up putting in her headphones like mid-conversation and got to work. I thought that was so boss. Just like "fuck you, I've got work to do and I'm not gonna fuck you, byeeeeee". One of the dudes kept trying to talk to her too. Eventually the other guy took the hint and tells the other guy "She's not listening to you, dude" and they all kinda went their separate ways.

But man, that was a cringy exchange.

I also don't give chicks advice unless they ask me for it. That's another gym faux pas I've seen unfold first hand.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:19 AM 05-18-2022
Stevie only works out in his full-on Elvis regalia lol
[Reply]
stevieray 09:35 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
says the guy who wears yoga pants.

Being "Elvis" still pwns you?

[Reply]
stevieray 09:36 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Do you wear leggings to workout?
Sweat pants.

I'm not worried about fashion when I work out.
[Reply]
loochy 09:37 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

He helps out the retired folks at the senior center. It's a good thing he's doing. These people need to get up, move, and socialize.

[Reply]
loochy 09:39 AM 05-18-2022
Sweat pants.

I'm not worried about fashion when I work out.

We aren't either. If you read the conversation, you'll see that we focused on the comfort and utility of the shorts.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:39 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
Are we supposed to be like the old people that show up and lift in slacks and a button down shirt?
you don't know what old is., you just think you do.

An old army buddy of mine just turned pro last year after winning his age group.

At 59.

i highly dount there are many people here in as good as shape.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:40 AM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
we focused on the comfort and utility of the shorts.
[Reply]
loochy 09:40 AM 05-18-2022
you don't know what old is., you just think you do.

An old army buddy of mine just turned pro last year after winning his age group.

At 59.

i highly dount there are many people here in as good as shape.

I know what old is. Those people are old. Maybe 75-80. The ladies in particular always wear slacks and a blouse. I didn't say YOU are old. Quit trying to be offended.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up