ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 185
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:56 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Come on, if you watch tape on both, Hutchinson looks like an explosive athlete compared to Karlaftis.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
They both look like explosive athletes. Hell, they both look to have similar arm length, but Chief Fan will SWEAR to you that his arms aren't long enough.

Honestly, where do people get this nonsense?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Where are you getting that he's not athletic enough? Serious question.
Completely talking out of his ass per usual.

Karlaftis is absolutely athletic enough.

He’s not a freak athlete.

There’s a difference.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:58 PM 04-28-2022
I remember this entire board (except maybe a couple of people) being thrilled with the Humphrey pick.

I think 99% of CP knew we drafted a stud.

Arm length matters more on the edge than it does in the middle of the defensive line.

If a DE can't get his hands on the tackle, the chance of success drops significantly.

How do his arms compare to someone like Hutchinson?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:59 PM 04-28-2022
Seems like a good athlete but lack production at the Big Ten level. Solid pick but hardly an A+. Give it a B but really. Nobody has any fucking clue until they lace it up.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:03 AM 04-29-2022
Sack production was meh, but pressure production was high. It’s worth noting when you’re the dude the whole offense is focusing on since his teammates weren’t great.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:07 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Sack production was meh, but pressure production was high. It’s worth noting when you’re the dude the whole offense is focusing on since his teammates weren’t great.
So he will fit in nicely here :-) I want Clark gone
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:14 AM 04-29-2022
You look at these picks tonight along with the signing of Reid you're starting to see a trend here with the defense: Very physical players.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:16 AM 04-29-2022
I understand. But, he isn't a bendy type of rusher who is going to make moves to elude an NFL tackle.

He isn't an explosive athlete who is going to blow by an NFL tackle.

If he can't get his hands on the tackle in order to bull rush, how is he going to beat NFL tackles?

I sincerely hope that I am an idiot, and GK tears up the league, and proves to be the edge rusher we need.

Will he win sometimes? Yes. But, even with his PFF grade, or how other experts graded him, he was still there at 30 for a reason.

Who says he can't get his hands on tackles? That's why teams coach hand technique. Some guys are really good at it, and it makes a huge difference.

He's not explosive? I thought he was plenty athletic and explosive in college, but even if not, he's CLEARLY not even closed to maxed out.

There are plenty of plays where he DOES show great bend, but to your point, those are only a handful of plays. He doesn't really demonstrate consistency there. Fair point. But again, dudes can work with their other athletic skills and understanding of technique to be better than they are. Mitchell Schwartz was far from an athletic tackle, but he was just such a damn good technician and that shit just didn't matter.

And no, he's not a project. He's a 30th overall pick. He's got plenty of great shit to work with, but like all rookies (even the blue chippers) he needs coaching, and like most OL and DL guys, he definitely needs some NFL offseason training in the years to come.

He's not exactly Breeland fucking Speaks.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:32 AM 04-29-2022
I said watch the tape, not compare numbers.

Do you really think Karlaftis was talented enough to be the #2 pick? Do you really think Hutchinson should have lasted until pick #30?

If Karlaftis can play D-Tackle, he could be very good. Though As a DE George's average.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:57 AM 04-29-2022
This kid with these coaches is going to create a monster.

It’s going to be fun to watch him develop.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:05 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
People tend to forget he's also raw as hell as a player, too.

There's a ton of room for growth.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:13 AM 04-29-2022
Didn't play in the bowl game bad teammate!

/cp dumbasses
[Reply]
staylor26 01:21 AM 04-29-2022
This motherucker came in as an 18 year old Freshman and had 7.5 sacks and 17 TFLs.

That’s crazy.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:26 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
People tend to forget he's also raw as hell as a player, too.

There's a ton of room for growth.
And he will put in the work to perfect every single part of his game. We have the coaches to unlock all of those doors for him, too. I can’t believe we got him without trading up. George is going to be a beast.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:31 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This motherucker came in as an 18 year old Freshman and had 7.5 sacks and 17 TFLs.

That’s crazy.
If we get another edge guy to book end him with, he will absolutely have similar production as Tamba had in his early years. 7-8 sacks and 3-4 forced fumbles a year. That’s while he’s developing. I think he will also have similar production as Table did during his prime, too.

I think that’s a fair assessment.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 185
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up