ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 167
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
O.city 11:04 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They're not a contender with Rodgers if they give up that much to get him. I don't care how good he is.

He might get them to 11 or 12 wins but they're not winning in the playoffs with Rodgers and a bunch of nobody's. GB can't win and they have the best WR in the game arguably.
GB made it to back to back NFC championship games.

Rodgers didn't play his best in either, but the SF one didn't matter, they couldn't stop a nosebleed. But with Rodgers and his ability, I don't think anyone woudl argue that GB had a chance.
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 AM 05-20-2021
You aren't winning a SB with Aaron Rodgers and a bunch of 2nd-tier players. See also: Green Bay.
Can Denver not add any other players?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:07 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
I’m willing to bet if he’s traded it will be for less than what most are predicting.

Green Bay is poorly managed. They are going to get fisted on any deal.
That would be sweet, but won't happen.

It's too bad DaeSeann Hamilton had his injury, looks like he was about to be traded and could have been a nice piece to a trade offer for Rodgers.

QB - Lock (or Bridgewater)
WR - KJ Hamler (or Tim Patrick)
LB - Josey Jewel (or Alexander Johnson)
CB - Michael Ojemudia (or Caden Stearns, rookie)

2022 R1
2022 R3
2023 R2

Do something like that --- which is likely not ideal for GB --- but, I could certainly be happy with that kind of a trade.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Can Denver not add any other players?
How good have they been at adding players?

Like I said yesterday when somebody said Chubb is easily replaced, the Broncos have spent 5 1st or 2nd round picks on DE's in the last 10 drafts and only 2 have panned out. Both were top 5 picks.

We're talking about the Broncos here. They've been AWFUL with personnel for the better part of Elway's tenure.
[Reply]
O.city 11:08 AM 05-20-2021
I get what you're saying htis. You need a solid squad to win.

But I would atleast get Denver taking a shot doing this. The alternative is to keep winning 6/7 and being a shitbird team with good players. Atleast this way you are a hot streak from your Qb away from having a chance.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:09 AM 05-20-2021
GB made it to back to back NFC championship games.

Rodgers didn't play his best in either, but the SF one didn't matter, they couldn't stop a nosebleed. But with Rodgers and his ability, I don't think anyone woudl argue that GB had a chance.
They made it to back-to-back championship games in the NFC, which doesn't have nearly the quality at the top that the AFC does.

Furthermore, they have one of the best RB-WR combos in the game to go with Rodgers and have some quality pass rushers as well.

Denver has none of those things if they trade them all away.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:10 AM 05-20-2021
I get what you're saying htis. You need a solid squad to win.

But I would atleast get Denver taking a shot doing this. The alternative is to keep winning 6/7 and being a shitbird team with good players. Atleast this way you are a hot streak from your Qb away from having a chance.
Rodgers alone doesn't give them a "chance". It gives them false hope. That's the problem.
[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
That would be sweet, but won't happen.

It's too bad DaeSeann Hamilton had his injury, looks like he was about to be traded and could have been a nice piece to a trade offer for Rodgers.

QB - Lock (or Bridgewater)
WR - KJ Hamler (or Tim Patrick)
LB - Josey Jewel (or Alexander Johnson)
CB - Michael Ojemudia (or Caden Stearns, rookie)

2022 R1
2022 R3
2023 R2

Do something like that --- which is likely not ideal for GB --- but, I could certainly be happy with that kind of a trade.
If you're gonna trade for him, it's gonna have to hurt both teams. That doesn't hurt Denver, at all.

Be realistic here.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:12 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Chubb might be iffy. But Chubb hasn't really accomplished anything either. He did put up 14 sacks as a rookie, but part of that is the scheme being run where he's showcased.
Well, he also only played in 4 games his 2nd year because of injury and then in 2020, Von was out and that impacted everyone, esp Chubb.
[Reply]
O.city 11:12 AM 05-20-2021
They made it to back-to-back championship games in the NFC, which doesn't have nearly the quality at the top that the AFC does.

Furthermore, they have one of the best RB-WR combos in the game to go with Rodgers and have some quality pass rushers as well.

Denver has none of those things if they trade them all away.
Denver would have Miller if he can stay healthy and they have one of the best DC minds in football in Fangio.

Trading away Jeudy who hasn't done dick in teh NFL won't matter. Chubb might hurt for sure, he's a really good player. But pass rushers aren't making or breaking a team.

If you can get Rodgers, you'd pair him with Sutton, Hamler, Fant, a good OL and a good stable of RB's and one of the better D's in the league, minus Chubb.
[Reply]
O.city 11:13 AM 05-20-2021
Rodgers alone doesn't give them a "chance". It gives them false hope. That's the problem.
So did KC have a chance with a stacked team and Alex Smith in any of his tenure here?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:13 AM 05-20-2021
If you're gonna trade for him, it's gonna have to hurt both teams. That doesn't hurt Denver, at all.

Be realistic here.
I don't think any trade discussions are realistic, honestly.

I'm not comfortable trading 2-3 R1 selections and key starters. So, as I said - that is what I would be comfortable with given the narrow window with Rodgers.
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I don't think any trade discussions are realistic, honestly.

I'm not comfortable trading 2-3 R1 selections and key starters. So, as I said - that is what I would be comfortable with given the narrow window with Rodgers.
That's fine. I don't know that I'd trade that much either, given all things considered.

But I'm not sure what the other options are for Denver.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:16 AM 05-20-2021
Denver would have Miller if he can stay healthy and they have one of the best DC minds in football in Fangio.

Trading away Jeudy who hasn't done dick in teh NFL won't matter. Chubb might hurt for sure, he's a really good player. But pass rushers aren't making or breaking a team.

If you can get Rodgers, you'd pair him with Sutton, Hamler, Fant, a good OL and a good stable of RB's and one of the better D's in the league, minus Chubb.
And after 2021, Von needs a new contract and is likely gone... and now you have no Chubb as well and no R1 picks.

Jeudy as a rookie played with no rookie camp, no Courtland Sutton and was asked to produce with guys like Tim Patrick (while good) isn't a top WR option. Jeudy also had 3-4 QBs throwing the rock in 2020. I'm not going to judge him on 2020 alone, all things considered.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:18 AM 05-20-2021
That's fine. I don't know that I'd trade that much either, given all things considered.

But I'm not sure what the other options are for Denver.
Well, unless you're bent on a SB now ... your option is to keep your young players and draft picks, rather than dump them for a possible 3 year solution that would by all accounts make you competitive for the AFCW and likely a WC, but it's too narrow of a window for success for me.

**edit** and yeah, if you could show Rodgers is going to be like Brees or Brady and play until he's 42 (another 5 years with top production)... then this is a different conversation.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 167
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136 > Last »
Up